www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First time April 16-20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:31 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I’ll be down in CR April 16-20. Staying at SL. This will be my first time to CR. Would love a wing man or someone to help show the ropes. Laid back huge sports fan, 39. Not sure if any of that shit matters hahaha. Hit me up, I’ll buy the beers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:07 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

As a sports fan you made the right choice staying at SL. They make a real effort (satellite, internet…) to have all US sports on their multiple screens. Most other bars will have a couple tvs showing what is carried on CR cable.

SL is also a great place to find veterans with experience for a wingman, just talk to guys at the bar. My experience, you can usually round up someone to take a walk to Monica’s or other massage parlors during the day or share a cab to Taormina at night.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:29 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the info

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:12 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

You don't need a cab to Taormina.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:23 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The stroll down to the Taormina is an easy, straight-forward, downhill walk, the return trip back up the hill is a bit more strenuous.

Unless you are in a group I would advise taking a uber or a taxi if you are walking after dark. You can meet some sketchy characters along the way. 90% of them will be harmless but why take the chance. Even the pirate taxis will only charge you 2K colones (less than $4) even when they are overcharging you at the gringo rate. Uber, if you can get one will be around 1K. Most of the women I know use the InDriver app. Similar to uber but cash only. Usually a little bit cheaper. And any girl you might want to take back to your hotel is going to insist on a taxi. No way she's making it up that hill in those heels most wear.

And if you do walk down, I recommend not speaking or flirting with the streetwalkers you encounter on the way. You might get an unexpected surprise.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:43 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the info fellas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:56 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I think a cab or Uber from Taormina is a good choice at night. Daytime I have zero hesitation walking.

In January I did have a girl I picked up at Taormina late one night get impatient waiting for a taxi and wanted to walk up the hill. We did of course run into a group of traneys. She stopped, briefly talked with them in Spanish, which was too rapid for me to catch, gave them a couple cigarettes, and we walked on.

We got through fine, although I don’t think I would advise walking it solo late at night. I’m sure it would not have been as pleasant if it had been me alone.