www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 14-23
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I found flight prices this trip to be 2x what I paid last fall for my Dec. trip which was $558. I know these dates are considered Summer in Costa Rica but fellows book your flight early 2-3 months if possible. I redeemed some miles with Delta this trip I couldn’t justify paying these high fares.

I will be Staying in the Rohrmoser area for 6 days and 3 days at the beach. I booked my stay at the Wyndham in Tamarindo. This is my 1st time to the area, now the Hotel I found a decent deal on Hotwire however it is more off the main drag from what I’ve read which I don't mind a little quieter area along with a better elevated ocean view. One of the nice amenities included with your room is a pass to Langosta Beach club with hourly shuttles provided to and from.

Any restaurant recommendations in this area please share.

San Jose I will be frequently making visits to the gulch (Castillo & SL) so if you’re in town send me a PM

Last edited by TF74 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: March 14-23
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:13 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

When you get to Tamarindo, check for the
posted entertainment signs. Every day of the week a different bar has a special night and everyone heads to that bar. This info iss preCovid but people tell me that is still the practice.

It should be a good party as you are going to be right in the middle of high season. The main drag along the beach isn't very long and is dotted with nice bars and restaurants.

You should have a great time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:42 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The area from Langosta Beach to the Diria is very popular for the sunset & happy hour at the beach/restaurants/bars. I don't miss a sunset when I'm in Tamarindo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:23 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Visit Pangas for the best meal in Tamarindo--Excellent yellow fin Tuna!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:06 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thanks for the Info on the Pangas. I will do some research on this spot and yes I do planning on seeing the Sunset from Langosta club.

HD - thanks for that Info, is this daily rotating special Bar night your referring too include live entertainment and drink specials etc. ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:17 pm 

if I remember correctly there were drink specials and a couple of places had a simger / small band. Otherwise a DJ. But remember this was preCovid.

As long as you aren't looking for a P4P scene like Jaco or San Jose, you will have a great time. Great beach, good seafood and plenty to drink.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:38 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

HD -
I have been reading a lot about Tamarindo utilizing the search option up above and I will be traveling with a guest, I like to rent a car and visit different spots each trip while in beautiful Costa Rica, and spoil my Hovia for a few days. :mrgreen: so I won't be needing P4P as I know those options are very scarce in Tamarindo as well is info for the area, but I have read the beach is fantastic unlike Jaco.

Also read lots of tourists in Tamarindo which I'm ok with and yes being from Ohio, I'm always up for a nice fresh seafood dinner. :D

The Happy hour or drink special is intriguing as my Chica drinks heavily, me not so much.
I'm more of a live music guy myself. I find most of the DJ's in Costa Rica just give me a headache.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Be sure to visit the Playa Flamingo, Conchal Brasolito area--beautiful new marina & beaches--15-20 minute drive--very nice area

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:46 pm 

If you are feeling adventurous, have her negotiate a couple of surf lessons for the both of you. If she does the talking, you will probably get a better deal.

Enjoy the drive and take your time. Once you get off the highway, it can get interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:15 pm 

When you are at Pangas, look across the estuary to the north and you will see Playa Grande. Take a $1 boat ride (lancha) to enjoy a fairly secluded beach. It is popular with surfers for its sandy bottom. The area is part of the Las Baulas Marine National Park.

To the south is Samara Beach. It is a nice day trip by car. In March things should have dried out some, so the coastal route (Route 160) is more scenic and should be passable. Otherwise, take the inland route (Route 21) through Nicoya. IMO Samara is the best beach in CR, but a long drive from San Jose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:05 pm 

I found this daily event calendar that lists happy hours, music, food specials, etc. for bars and restaurants in the area.

https://theswelldealer.com/. Have fun and enjoy the beach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:13 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thanks for that link HD and Boynton Samara beach sounds worthy of a few days to visit on another trip in the future after a quick search I pulled a few nice hotels in the area.

Playa Flamingo and the marina I will visit for sure.