www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:51 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Headed down south as a warmup for my October Thailand trip. Decided to break things up a bit and spend a few nights in Panama City as I had some Avianca miles I had to use before the end of the year.

I tried to book the Sportsmens but they only had about 5 or so rooms available for my dates and none appealed to me. Even all of the Mansion Suites were booked. Good for them though as it looks like the tourists are returning. I did find a King Balcony at the Castillo that I grabbed.

I will probably split my bar time between the usual haunts including a couple of strip joints if I can stay awake that late.

In Panama City I am staying at the Hotel Coral Suites. I never stayed there before but it looked decent, has a pool and about half the price of the AC Marriott. According to reports on ISG, no guest fee which is getting pretty rare in PC these days. Pretty short walk to Don Julios (Habanos Cafe). Will try out a couple of the incall places located near old Town in the early evenings. Probably do a Canal tour one morning as the last time I was there all of the facilities were closed due to Covid. Our canal tour consisted of watching a couple of ships go through the locks through a fence from about 200 yards away.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:00 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

haven't been there in a few years but a good daytime excursion is to Bocatorena, in the casco viejo area, lots of
low end bars with chicas. I did not indulge but it was fun to check out. On the way back the Mercado del Mariscos, the fish market is a great place for lunch as all the fishermen are bringing back their catch of the day. Another daytime excursion is headin out to what was the usa canal zone before we gave it back to Panama.