www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 27 to May 1 st
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:53 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Been a while since I’ve posted anything but I do have a question about my up coming trip. I pushed the trip back to the last week of April because I know Easter is slow but is there any Costa Rican holiday that week? Read about Labor Day May 1st but is that a CR holiday? I know May 5th isn’t celebrated because that’s Mexicos Independence day. Looks like CR celebrates two weeks for Easter. I still have time to change if need be. Any input will be appreciated

Post subject: Re: April 27 to May 1 st
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:24 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

IMO, those dates should not impact you. They do celebrate May 1st which falls on a Sunday this year. I expect a lot of businesses and government office will close May 2 as a result. Many Ticos will probably go to the beach that weekend. In past years there have been peaceful union and political parades, not really protests but civic pride events. The next Monday, May 9, the new president will take office, so there may be more hoopla, but you will be gone by then. April 27 - May 1st should be good dates.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:30 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

flcracker wrote:
Been a while since I’ve posted anything but I do have a question about my up coming trip. I pushed the trip back to the last week of April because I know Easter is slow but is there any Costa Rican holiday that week? Read about Labor Day May 1st but is that a CR holiday? I know May 5th isn’t celebrated because that’s Mexicos Independence day. Looks like CR celebrates two weeks for Easter. I still have time to change if need be. Any input will be appreciated

Can't help it...but May 5th is not Mexico's Independence Day.

But Easter week is always slow in Latin American countries, and it is the week before Easter, Holy Week, or Santa Semana. So April 10 to 16th this year. Nothing the next week as far as I know

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:56 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thanks guys for the info. I thought I would be ok but some of the post I have looked up were a little confusing on the time line. Zeos you are correct and I stand corrected.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:36 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Zeos wrote:
But Easter week is always slow in Latin American countries, and it is the week before Easter, Holy Week, or Santa Semana. So April 10 to 16th this year. Nothing the next week as far as I know

I am thinking about coming down Mar 31-Apr 14. Think Apr 10-13 would be that bad, or is it closer to the weekend when people start leaving town?