www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:04 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey all, first time poster and visitor. Looking forward to the trip! No main itinerary set up yet. The first night, I’m either staying at the Taormina or SL. The next 5 nights, I’m renting an Airbnb (friendly) in that general area, then headed to Jaco. I’ve been chatting with a girl in Jaco for a couple months now, so she and a friend have arranged picking me up and taking me to Jaco ($80-$100). In Jaco, I’m staying in the recommended Airbnbs listed here (friendly). But, as I mentioned, this will be my first trip (solo), so I’m sure I’ll be a bit shocked when I arrive. I just recently lost my job, so hoping to go out, have fun, and take my mind off of things. I see there’s currently a curfew, so I’d like to hear if anyone has any suggestions on things to do after that, if I’m in an Airbnb. Not too sure I want to be out walking at night (for safety). Would love to hear some suggestions, if there are any. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:36 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Warbeast wrote:
Hey all, first time poster and visitor. Looking forward to the trip! No main itinerary set up yet. The first night, I’m either staying at the Taormina or SL. The next 5 nights, I’m renting an Airbnb (friendly) in that general area, then headed to Jaco. I’ve been chatting with a girl in Jaco for a couple months now, so she and a friend have arranged picking me up and taking me to Jaco ($80-$100). In Jaco, I’m staying in the recommended Airbnbs listed here (friendly). But, as I mentioned, this will be my first trip (solo), so I’m sure I’ll be a bit shocked when I arrive. I just recently lost my job, so hoping to go out, have fun, and take my mind off of things. I see there’s currently a curfew, so I’d like to hear if anyone has any suggestions on things to do after that, if I’m in an Airbnb. Not too sure I want to be out walking at night (for safety). Would love to hear some suggestions, if there are any. Thanks!

First time? They'll be waiting in line for you..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:35 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I would not walk alone after curfew anywhere near the Taormina. Nothing will be open and you would only run into transsexual street walkers or worse. Stock your apartment with duty free booze and bring someone back from one of the gringo bars for a multi hour session. Get to bed early, rinse and repeat for tomorrow. Uber eats and other delivery services were operating until around midnight.

Jaco, would probably be even more dangerous after curfew. Lots of thieves looking for available targets and really no where to go but you might find an after hours party next door to the Cocal. Take a taxi or an uber. Ask around when you get there as there might be others.

My advise is just start your part day a lot earlier and pretend that 9 pm is midnight. You will still have a great time.

I've been to CR three times since they opened back up. Each trip always had some sort of an early curfew. I have actually come to like the forced early end to the evening. The women are ready to go and party early and its kind of nice to wake up the next day after NOT drinking until 4 in the morning.

Have a great trip.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:10 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey, thanks for the recommendations! I’m looking forward to it, but definitely want to stay as safe as possible. I don’t plan on leaving the room after curfew, and as mentioned, will likely start my days early. I’m not a huge drinker either. More than likely, I’ll use Tinder to find someone able to come to me, if I’m looking later at night.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:19 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

[quote="Harddrive43228"]
My advise is just start your part day a lot earlier and pretend that 9 pm is midnight. You will still have a great time.

I've been to CR three times since they opened back up. Each trip always had some sort of an early curfew. I have actually come to like the forced early end to the evening. The women are ready to go and party early and its kind of nice to wake up the next day after NOT drinking until 4 in the morning.

[quote="Harddrive43228"]

THIS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:28 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The only time I went out late was from HDR to the Balmoral Hotel. It is a short walk. It was around the corner and I am fit so I figured I was able to traverse the block and a half and be able to maneuver to safety if needed, but even then I did so with eyes wide open. One night I left HDR with this super cute Columbiana and we had been boozing and somebody came up and grabbed at her butt. I spin on the guy and fortunately 6'2" 230 was a little intimidating for him, but I breathed a sigh of relief and got to the gate of the Balmoral without further issue. The rest of the evening was way better as was the next morning...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:35 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks again! If anyone is in either SJ or Jaco around those dates, let me know. I'd be more than happy to meet up.