www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: On My Way
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:43 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Sitting in the Delta Sky Club terminal E in Atlanta getting ready to board my flight to SJO. Should arrive before noon. Hopefully immigration isnt too bad that early. Hope to be at the Castillo by 1 pm.

Pura Vida

Post subject: Re: On My Way
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Arriving tomorrow afternoon at Castillo. Safe travels Harddrive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:49 am 

Have a great time Hard Drive and GFO. I will be spending Halloween at Castillo and will look forward to hopefully a boots on the ground update from Castillo, since October will be my first time at Castillo. I am wondering what the talent level is at the bar in Castillo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:25 pm 

We stayed at the Castillo a few months ago and got the all inclusive. Amazing food and great drinks for $10. The talent was lacking but workable. Had my best ever BJ there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:37 am 

Flight arrived on time. Passed through immigration quickly due to the pre-noon arrival. My bag was on the turnstile as i got there.

I had tried to schedule a pickup with Vanessa but unfortunately she had a prior commitment to take someone to Guanacaste. Since i was going to buy some colones at the bank kiosk in the departures area, I figured I'd give Uber a try.

I scheduled the ride and it took about 10 minutes for the car to arrive. The unofficial pickup spot is the last crosswalk at the DEPARTURES terminal. Right before the bus stop. I say unofficial as Uber is still technically illegal in CR and there is no airport desognated ride share pickup zone.

The driver spoke little English but he had a nice car and drove safely. Due to the construction the trip took 47 minutes to the Castillo. The fare was 6100 colones and I tipped the driver 1000. That's about $12 all in. No wonder the regular taxi drivers are pissed about uber.

My room at the Castillo was ready so I was unpacked and ready for a previously scheduled massage with Ruthee, Hazel's sister. It was an excellent though strictly legit
massage and a great value at $35 if you have the all inclusive.

I had arranged to meet a little nica I had met on a previous trip but she wasnt going to arrive until 7. It was 5 so i decided to hit a couple of spots to kill some time.

I first stopped at Bar Poas and had a beer. It was completely dead. I walked down to the Taormina and was surprised there was no line and very few women in the bull pen bar. I went in and had a beer. Not a whole lot of women there but quite few were doable.

Headed back to the Castillo and had a good dinner. There was a decent amount of talent in the bar, a few pretty good looking. The started to clear out as there werent really any unaccompanied gringos that seemed interested in doing business.

To answer your question RockinRob, you should be able to find good company most nights in the Castillo unless you are incredibly picky. And if you dont see someone you like the Sportsmens, Taormina and Hotel Little Havana are all within a 5 to 10 minute walk.

Last edited by Harddrive43228 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:40 pm 

Thanks Hard Drive.
I too plan to arrive before noon so hopefully customs will be easy for me as well. That was a bit of a drive to Castillo, but I am starting at Cocal for a few days so it will be about 90 minutes if I am lucky. I am glad Castillo had some cute girls since I am staying there and I would like to at least spend one day at the bar and get a buzz without having to look elsewhere, but I like the close proximity to the Taormina and SL. I know the weekend over Halloween I am there ( I believe it is October 31st that Sunday), the Eagles will be playing the Lions so hoping to grab a spot at the Taormina for Birds football. A win and a celebratory BJ would be a great Sunday. I appreciate the intel and I hope this is your best trip ever my new friend. I wish I was there right now..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:55 pm 

Is SJ still dead as it was just 2 months ago?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:44 am 

chodu wrote:
Is SJ still dead as it was just 2 months ago?

I was down on June and I''m here now. I'd say it is pretty similar in "deadness". Not too many women are out and about but there are also fewer gringos vying for their attention.
That said it still beats the hell out of Columbus Ohio for action.

The curfew is now 10 instead of 9 and it does seem that they have eased up on the capacity restrictions a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:56 am 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Flight arrived on time. Passed through immigration quickly due to the pre-noon arrival. My bag was on the turnstile as i got there.

I had tried to schedule a pickup with Vanessa but unfortunately she had a prior commitment to take someone to Guanacaste. Since i was going to buy some colones at the bank kiosk in the departures area, I figured I'd give Uber a try.

I scheduled the ride and it took about 10 minutes for the car to arrive. The unofficial pickup spot is the last crosswalk at the DEPARTURES terminal. Right before the bus stop. I say unofficial as Uber is still technically illegal in CR and there is no airport desognated ride share pickup zone.

The driver spoke little English but he had a nice car and drove safely. Due to the construction the trip took 47 minutes to the Castillo. The fare was 6100 colones and I tipped the driver 1000. That's about $12 all in. No wonder the regular taxi drivers are pissed about uber.

My room at the Castillo was ready so I was unpacked and ready for a previously scheduled massage with Ruthee, Hazel's sister. It was an excellent though strictly legit
massage and a great value at $35 if you have the all inclusive.

I had arranged to meet a little nica I had met on a previous trip but she wasnt going to arrive until 7. It was 5 so i decided to hit a couple of spots to kill some time.

I first stopped at Bar Poas and had a beer. It was completely dead. I walked down to the Taormina and was surprised there was no line and very few women in the bull pen bar. I went in and had a beer. Not a whole lot of women there but quite few were doable.

Headed back to the Castillo and had a good dinner. There was a decent amount of talent in the bar, a few pretty good looking. The started to clear out as there werent really any unaccompanied gringos that seemed interested in doing business.

To answer your question RockinRob, you should be able to find good company most nights in the Castillo unless you are incredibly picky. And if you dont see someone you like the Sportsmens, Taormina and Hotel Little Havana are all within a 5 to 10 minute walk.

Uber is the way to go. Others charge more than double.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:32 pm 

Give Didi a try even cheaper than uber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:50 am 

Ilv4play wrote:
Give Didi a try even cheaper than uber

i tried to put didi on my phone but they were asking for a cr phone # which i don't have. I just use wifi in cr, is it possible to get a didi account without a local phone # ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:16 pm 

Trip is complete, back in the USA watching very depressing news coverage.

Had a great stay at the Castillo and ran into a lot of great guys, some I had met before and others for the first time.

Looking forward to an extended trip in October since my Thailand plans are pretty much a non-starter.