www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SJ - MA- San Carlos July
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:52 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Arriving June 30th - July 11th if anyone will be around these dates hope to meet ya

Booked my longest trip to Costa Rica yet a 12 day/11 night summer Vacation, but I will say finding a flight was a complete headache this trip between Delta's increase of summer flight prices and then limited routes (suspect Covid related) finally after days and days of watching prices vary like Wall st.

I ended up up finding a Comfort+ seat for just over $1030 or 72000 miles +$89 fee so needless to say I booked with miles this trip and got to keep some extra cash in my pocket for the Ladies :D

for whats it worth I almost always use Delta and generally see prices from $400-600 Main Cabin,
$500-700 Comfort+ ... Crazy times right now for sure

Doing some more traveling this trip as I personally get bored sitting in San Jose.

I'll be in SJ (Castillo) to start my trip for a few days, then to Manuel Antonio (Oceans Two Resort)
for the 4th .... then headed up to La Fortuna (Royal Corin) for a few days and then ending up back in San Jose for remainder of my trip ...

Last edited by TF74 on Thu May 20, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:27 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

TF74 wrote:
Arriving June 30th - July 11th if anyone will be around these dates hope to meet ya

Booked my longest trip to Costa Rica yet a 12 day/11 night summer Vacation, but I will say finding a flight was a complete headache this trip between Delta's increase of summer flight prices and then limited routes (suspect Covid related) finally after days and days of watching prices vary like Wall st.

I ended up up finding a Comfort+ seat for just over $1030 or 72000 miles +$89 fee so needless to say I booked with miles trip and got to keep some extra cash in my pocket for the Ladies :D

for whats it worth I almost always use Delta and generally see prices from $400-600 Main Cabin,
$500-700 Comfort+ ... Crazy times right now for sure

Doing some more traveling this trip as I personally get bored sitting in San Jose.

I'll be in SJ (Castillo) to start my trip for a few days, then to Manuel Antonio (Oceans Two Resort)
for the 4th .... then headed up to La Fortuna (Royal Corin) for a few days and then ending up back in San Jose for remainder of my trip ...

Delta is terrible. They wanted $700.00 for a flight. Got it from Southwest for $380.00. They also doubled the miles required for a flight.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:56 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Terrible in what way ?

Whitecat SW airlines is a low budget airline it should be cheaper every time

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:42 am 

Pricing on airlines will vary greatly by market. Delta usually has the best prices and definitely the best schedules from where I live. When Southwest was flying to SJO regularly they were generally a bit more expensive than Delta's main cabin fares. What I didn't like was that SW had a pretty shitty connection in BWI at the time. What I do like about Southwest is they have the most comfortable main cabin seats domestically (IMHO) and they give you a couple of free checked bags.

The ability to be flexible with travel dates helps considerably. Most airlines have tools that let you search by price over a range of dates. Delta's tool is great using cash or miles. Skyscanner and similar apps will allow you to do this across multiple airlines for non-reward travel but I think you still have to search Southwest on the SW website.

Like the OP, I like to upgrade seat to Comfort Plus or First if the price isn't to steep. I also try to get the free upgrades with Medallion membership but my minimal status generally doesn't allow that to happen.

We also have United, American and Spirit flying to SJO (all with connections) from here so it keeps the prices relative stable and equal.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:42 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Well put HD .... the market along with the season control prices and being it's the spring/summer travel dates ahead they are almost always higher.

I fly SW here in USA all the time don’t mind them at all but don’t like there routes to SJO from CMH and the website right now is still jacked up someone in IT dropped the ball … I misspoke I thought the route was thru Reagan DCA :? your right it’s thru BWI but still in my eyes this is out of the way and adds unnecessary travel time.

I flew SW using miles my very 1st trip to SJO Oct 2018 :D

I remember it well connected in Houston Hobby almost 3 hours down and Then another 3:30 + to get to SJO this made for a long trip but it was free

On my return I stopped in FLL much quicker travel time so I didn’t mind this route. Ultimately this lead me to search for better routes than SW was given at that time.

I found Delta to have the best route for me Columbus thru Atlanta onto SJO so much I got the $99 AM EX Delta Gold card to waive my bags fee knowing a few trips a year and the card basically pays for itself. Now I have booked this trip using the miles from my purchases over last few years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:52 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

DISCLAIMER : Travel Insurance OPTION : I am by no means affiliated with this company or a salesman !!

Now after plugging in my info in Trawick I noticed the prices went up, just a thought but this may be due to current situation in Costa Rica … Higher Risk = Higher Prices

My quote was Actually double the $ from my trip 2 months prior with only 2 additional days.

after doing some research I came across a link and plugged in some info to find the exact same policy (Trawick safe voyagers) at the same price as expected. $27 for 11 days

I have provided link below to those interested in researching themselves this is an OPTION as listed above.

https://www.visitorscoverage.com/destin ... osta-rica/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:02 pm 

TF74 wrote:
DISCLAIMER : Travel Insurance OPTION : I am by no means affiliated with this company or a salesman !!

Now after plugging in my info in Trawick I noticed the prices went up, just a thought but this may be due to current situation in Costa Rica … Higher Risk = Higher Prices

My quote was Actually double the $ from my trip 2 months prior with only 2 additional days.

after doing some research I came across a link and plugged in some info to find the exact same policy (Trawick safe voyagers) at the same price as expected. $27 for 11 days

I have provided link below to those interested in researching themselves this is an OPTION as listed above.

https://www.visitorscoverage.com/destin ... osta-rica/

While you were sleeping, I also posted this OPPYTION a month ago. A Trawick by any other name would be as cheap. Roooooaaaaarrrrr Simba :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=52845&p=596944&hilit=insbuy#p596944

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:08 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Well not all of us sit and Troll this site all day long .... most have Jobs and careers and our time is limited but by all means you keep at it ... seems to be your MO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:09 pm 

TF74 wrote:
Well not all of us sit and Troll this site all day long .... most have Jobs and careers and our time is limited but by all means you keep at it ... seems to be your MO

Will do buckwheat