www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jaco Trip - April
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:40 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey guys,

I'm going to be coming down in April and am thinking about checking out Jaco as well as I've heard a lot of great things. Any recommendations? I heard the Hotel Cocal Pool Party at night is definitely one thing to checkout.

Post subject: Re: Jaco Trip - April
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:23 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Not exactly a pool party since no one will be in the pool, but yea, Cocal is still the place to be in Jaco. A good number of options on any day and absolutely insane on Fridays and Saturdays.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:04 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Cocal has been ground zero for many years now since the BB shot themselves in the foot with crazy cover charges. The big thing working against us now is the curfew that closes places down at 11pm now (or is it 10?). There’s a couple good trip reports that reflect “private” parties that are going on after places close, worth the read. I’m heading down Friday and look forward to getting boots on the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Will Cocal in Jaco still be good in June? Or does rainy season kill the parties?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:37 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The party doesn’t stop during rainy season and there are times it is better because less guys there so fewer buyers. And you’ll occasionally get a day where it rains all day, but my experience is most of the time it’s just popup showers for an hour here and there. With the Cocal being an open air bar, a down pour can kill the party while it lasts, but it’s not something to worry too much about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:41 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Jaco is GREAT and June/July can be a tad bit humid/hot (obviosly its humid if its raining a couple times a day, but us West Coast guys don't understand that!)

Definitely get a hotel with a pool to cool off. I am a fat guy so I carry a beach towel to wipe of the sweat while I am talking to the Chicas at the Cocal Pool Bar! It gets too hot for me sometimes - thank god for AC!

Good Luck!

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

Last edited by Californiamann on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:28 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Railroadme wrote:
The party doesn’t stop during rainy season and there are times it is better because less guys there so fewer buyers. And you’ll occasionally get a day where it rains all day, but my experience is most of the time it’s just popup showers for an hour here and there. With the Cocal being an open air bar, a down pour can kill the party while it lasts, but it’s not something to worry too much about.

+

Is like FL in the summer time. Doesn't stop the "activities".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Was at the Cocal today. It is rapidly getting back to normal. Hundreds of women there on the weekends. Curfew limits things but it is still amazing. Alot of people in Jaco today. Tourism is really picking up there.