www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April in SJ and Jaco
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:29 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

April 3-5 in SJ and 5-11 in Jaco ( may cut the weekend and head to SJ to meet up with some ticas lined up on Tinder)

I've booked at Taormina, but am seeing some not so great reports about the noise and the condition of the rooms. Any current reports will be greatly appreciated by this newbie (3rd trip to CR)

For someone who has dates lined up (tinder/skikka have been great with semi-working girls), would you have any recommendations for some upscale hotels that allow girls? 10-20 chica fee is fine, just don't want to be denied by some overeager front desk person. Been getting recommendations from some girls about the Sheraton in escazu.. anyone with experience there or next door at the Real intercontinental?

I will need to have strong internet (even on the weekend) for work

Post subject: Re: April in SJ and Jaco
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:31 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

aebige wrote:
April 3-5 in SJ and 5-11 in Jaco ( may cut the weekend and head to SJ to meet up with some ticas lined up on Tinder)

I've booked at Taormina, but am seeing some not so great reports about the noise and the condition of the rooms. Any current reports will be greatly appreciated by this newbie (3rd trip to CR)

For someone who has dates lined up (tinder/skikka have been great with semi-working girls), would you have any recommendations for some upscale hotels that allow girls? 10-20 chica fee is fine, just don't want to be denied by some overeager front desk person. Been getting recommendations from some girls about the Sheraton in escazu.. anyone with experience there or next door at the Real intercontinental?

I will need to have strong internet (even on the weekend) for work

I have visited the Sheraton in Escazu and thought it was really nice, but I have never stayed in their rooms. I do have friends that have stayed there before and they always had positive things to say about the hotel. It is definitely a good option to stay at but you may want to call them to confirm their policy of bringing girls to your room.

I can't answer for the Intercontinental as I have only seen it from the outside while visiting the mall in Escazu.

The Taormina just flat out sucks and is very disappointing. I definitely wouldn't recommend that place at all and I have had horrible experiences there.

Have you looked at staying at the Sportsmens or the Amistad or Castillo? Those are the best options if you choose to stay in downtown San Jose.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

April 3 - 5 is Easter Weekend.
Local news reported all roads out of San Jose to be packed yesterday. Many businesses and government offices are closed until after Easter. Like it or hate it, the Taormina is probably the best bet for that weekend. There are lots of Taormina haters (with good reason), but current conditions are the action is at the 'mina'. There should be plenty of girls, even during Semana Santa. In my past experience, during XMas and Holy Week the girls mostly came to SL only if they had appointments. Who knows this year.

Your dates for Jaco are also good. The chica sharks should be returning hungry.

Last edited by Boynton on Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:58 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
I stayed at Taormina/Mona Lisa in 2013 for a week and had to study most days but able to take breaks for chicas.

That was then but I didn't hate it. It was quiet good for studying, basic updated room on 3rd floor and clean then. Didn't see any cuca(roaches) then.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:09 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Taormina is my go to hotel, have always enjoyed it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:56 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

thanks all! appreciate the comments

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Taormina used to be great but ever since Harold and Ron had their big blowout and Harold and Brent got their walking papers it has been rapidly going down hill. Diego is the only one left from the good times but he is only helpful if you are a high roller. Avoid the front desk manager as he can really spoil a trip. He is very rude and openly hostile to your visiting "guests". Once things return to normal (post covid) the monger business will no longer be welcomed. Maintenance, quality of service and general house keeping just is not what it used to be. The roaches and ghost ants are a common sight. Taormina has everything the Sportsmans and Castillo. don't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:04 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I'm not sure where all the Taormina hate comes from. Not the best place - certainly not the worst. Maintenance is no worse than any other place I've stayed in San Jose. Stayed there last weekend. Desk was not rude or hostile to guests. Dealt with 2 different clerks and the manager - no issues. $15 guest fee was annoying - but the sports bar was packed with girls. I'd say that starting about 5pm on Friday and Saturday night there were in excess of 50 girls. Party built until past 1030 both nights.

I suspect things might change post covid - but for now, it is a welcome fertile hunting ground.