www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd Trip April 15-19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:37 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Long Time Listener 1st Time Caller.

Been thinking about it for a couple months and finally broke down and booked a trip. 1st trip to Costa Rica was 5 years ago and my first ever mongering trip, had a fun time. Have since been to Amsterdam and the FKKs of Germany so hoping with a little more experience I make less rookie mistakes but my Spanish is still piss-poor. Have a couple questions below, would love if anyone who has had boots on the ground recently could help me out but if you tell me to go Phuck myself and use the search function, hey it's the internet and I probably deserved it.

1. Couldn't decide between SL or Taormina so I booked 2 nights in each. If there's rumors of HDR coming back will I regret staying at Taormina?

2. My online reservation at Taormina didn't require a credit card. Seemed kinda odd, has anyone had any issues?

3. Is the master suite at Taormina worth it? The description mentioned "an additional bathroom in living area", assuming that means jacuzzi and I love a good soak but there are no pictures so it could mean a pot to piss in for all I know.

Post subject: Re: 2nd Trip April 15-19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:18 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

rusty_venture wrote:
Long Time Listener 1st Time Caller.

Been thinking about it for a couple months and finally broke down and booked a trip. 1st trip to Costa Rica was 5 years ago and my first ever mongering trip, had a fun time. Have since been to Amsterdam and the FKKs of Germany so hoping with a little more experience I make less rookie mistakes but my Spanish is still piss-poor. Have a couple questions below, would love if anyone who has had boots on the ground recently could help me out but if you tell me to go Phuck myself and use the search function, hey it's the internet and I probably deserved it.

1. Couldn't decide between SL or Taormina so I booked 2 nights in each. If there's rumors of HDR coming back will I regret staying at Taormina?

2. My online reservation at Taormina didn't require a credit card. Seemed kinda odd, has anyone had any issues?

3. Is the master suite at Taormina worth it? The description mentioned "an additional bathroom in living area", assuming that means jacuzzi and I love a good soak but there are no pictures so it could mean a pot to piss in for all I know.

Think of the rooms at the Taormina as an older looking Motel 6 but with some more cheap looking "updated" features. In fact, I would rather stay at a Motel 6 because the few times I did stay at the Taormina I found cockroaches in my room multiple times, the AC has been known to constantly have issues there, the hot water would go out frequently, and don't even get me started on their security guards there that love to stare you down like you are a hard core criminal. The overall atmosphere in that place is just dull. If I were you, I would just stay at the Sportsmens the full time, or just divide up your stay between the Sportsmens and maybe the Amistad or Castillo. They are way better than the Taormina in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:48 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I agree with Tao, I would just stay at Sportsmens. It has everything you need and Taormina is only a 10 minute walk away. Stay at Sportsmen’s and take a short walk to Taormina to if you want to see if there are any chicas there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:09 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Research the posts here about the rooms which are quieter in SL and then book it quickly if you are sure about the trip

Myself I am a huge Taormina fan:) But have not been back for 4 years to CR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:00 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Napata1975 wrote:
Research the posts here about the rooms which are quieter in SL and then book it quickly if you are sure about the trip

Myself I am a huge Taormina fan:) But have not been back for 4 years to CR

Yeah, I already booked Terro Negro. Seems to be generally except as one of if not the best. I stayed at El Zorro before and it was fine but couldn't say no to the big Jacuzzi in Terro Negro.

Appreciate the other feedback about Taromina. Was a little uneasy given the lack of pictures of the room and massive difference between pictures on their website and pictures on Tripadvisor. Will probably look into Hotel Castillo, the king room with Balcony looks really nice. Didn't stay there in the past because my understanding was they didn't let girls on the property but looks like with Covid that's changed or maybe I'm mis-remembering.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:41 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Can't go wrong with Castillo choice there

In the past, only accompanied chicas were allowed on property to mingle in the bar area. Now they allow chicas to come in unaccompanied but it's a smaller crowd than Taormina.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Jfoot wrote:
Can't go wrong with Castillo choice there

In the past, only accompanied chicas were allowed on property to mingle in the bar area. Now they allow chicas to come in unaccompanied but it's a smaller crowd than Taormina.

Is it common to take chicas from Taormina back to Castillo? Looking at Google Maps they're only 350 meters apart and I feel silly having a car take me 3 blocks but also have 0 intentions of walking around at night. Plan on visiting Taormina and losing some money at a blackjack table (can't let the chicas take all my money) regardless of it I stay there or not and wondering what the logistics would be if there's talent I like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:04 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

They will walk the 350 metres with you :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

it may only be 350 meters but it is a bitch of a hill in that direction

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

bulldog10 wrote:

It's an easy walk, a small climb the last few yards going back to Castillo. I've walked it all hours of day and night, and it is normally pretty quiet. Walk quickly, be polite to the tranny on the corner and you normally will have no problem. If you can't walk quickly, or you can't walk uphill at all (like up a set of stairs), then by all means take a taxi. Better safe than sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:15 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for all the info, I'm in my 30s so I don't picture a hill being a major issue but with a dozen beers in me it could be a different story :|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:55 pm 

Zeos wrote:
bulldog10 wrote:

It's an easy walk, a small climb the last few yards going back to Castillo. I've walked it all hours of day and night, and it is normally pretty quiet. Walk quickly, be polite to the tranny on the corner and you normally will have no problem. If you can't walk quickly, or you can't walk uphill at all (like up a set of stairs), then by all means take a taxi. Better safe than sorry.

Always be polite to the trannies, even while you are being robbed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:55 pm 

rusty_venture wrote:
Thanks for all the info, I'm in my 30s so I don't picture a hill being a major issue but with a dozen beers in me it could be a different story :|

if ya pick up a chica @ the Taormina to take back to the Castillo she may complain, esp. is she's wearin high heels!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:51 pm 

SinCity wrote:
rusty_venture wrote:

if ya pick up a chica @ the Taormina to take back to the Castillo she may complain, esp. is she's wearin high heels!

They may whine a bit, but they want the Colones.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I picked up a chica at SL on Christmas Eve. Took a cab down to Taormina. Had a good time with her, GFE and all, but afterwards she couldn't get a cab and finally just walked up the hill back to SL. I walked up that hill earlier to SL and they would not let me in due to a high body temperature. Had to sit outside for 15 minutes before my temperature scanned normal. Another time I took the flatter route by the park and was being pursued by some homeless dude and a troop of trannys. They couldn't catch me but I was sweating by the time I got to SL and had to wait outside 30 minutes before my body temp got back to normal and I was allowed to go inside.