www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:15 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

After what's been a miserable year for almost all of us I'm so Thankful to be returning once again next month (April 22nd) even though I know things will be very different. But you know....we all must learn to Adapt and be able to think Positive. So even though the DR is gone...the KL is gone (I'm assuming)...many places closing earlier than in the past...etc...etc....I still plan to make the best of my time. I'm not a "monger" per se. My previous trips have always involved spending my first 2 or 3 days in SJ, almost always at the SL before taking off to either the Pacific side (OSA Peninsula) or the Caribbean (Playa Cocles area) since my real hobby is nature photography. And wrapping up my last several days back in SJ, again at the SL, releasing my pent-up juices.

I'm thrilled to be coming back to the land that is the Love of my Life.

Pura Vida!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:06 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

You'll have a great time. I was down in January and even though the bars and restaurants were 25% capacity and closing at 10 pm (9 pm on weekends), there was still plenty to do in San Jose. I'm returning in April and it sounds like it is now 50% capacity and 11 pm. Frankly, I kind of like the early bar closing. No more staying up until 3 or 4 am drinking only to have a splitting headache in the morning. Back to bed early with your date and up in the morning in time for breakfast.

As far as areas outside of San Jose, I haven't visited since before the pandemic though I imagine that a lot will be open.