www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:22 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Was just down to San Jose in January and am planning on heading back early April. This is just after Easter Sunday so I hope things aren't too dead.

The plan is to spend 4 nights in San Jose, then a Saturday / Sunday night in Jaco and the return to San Jose for 4 more nights.

While I usually stay at the Sportsmens, I got a great deal on an Balcony King room at the Castillo with the all inclusive. The real clincher is that they will provide round trip transfer to Jaco for $35 each way. That in itself will save me around $130 or so.

In Jaco, I bit the bullet and booked a poolside room at the Cocal. It was expensive and I know it will be noisy but since I am only there two nights, I figured I might as well be in the heart of the beast. Previous reports have said that if you show your CRT card at check in, you will get a 10% discount. Don't even try to book a room online. The easiest way is to just call their 800 number. The woman that answered the phone spoke perfect English and had me taken care of quickly. The send you an email and you need to fill out a form with your credit card details (email or fax back) and they will charge a one night deposit. They will then send a confirmation email.

Like I said at the top, hopefully things are slowed down too much because of the previous week being Santa Semana.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:23 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I think you should be fine with the chicas after easter. It being a Catholic country the big holiday is Good Friday. By early the next week they will be back at work, especially those whose families are in San Jose.

Few chica’s families are directly from Jaco. It may take a few more days for them to filter back there from their family. But the weekend after should be good.

I think your plan is sound. San Jose first, giving the Jaco chicas more time to return. Then hit Jaco the weekend after.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:19 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

And you are right on the CRT discount. At Cocal you have to be proactive about presenting your card and asking for the discount. They have always accepted it with no questions when I have used it. My guess is Cocal has much lower percentage using the discount than SL or Castello.

If you forget at SL check-in they will probably ask. At Cocal you will pay the higher rate. Which at their prices, it matters.

At SL the discount includes food and beverage in the restaurant. So easiest way to get the discount is to run a tab on your room instead of showing card every time. Not relevant at Castillo with all-inclusive. Probably the only places you should run a tab in CR.

Cocal discount is room only. Charging drinks to your room at Cocal is highly NOT recommended. Unless you want to find many mystery drinks on your bill at checkout. I always pay each round as served at Cocal and every other bar in CR.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi I will be traveling to SJ and then to Jaco around the same dates, plan is to stay at Crocs the week of the 5th. with first night staying at SL on the 4th, this is my third trip there, early 40s. Let me know if you'd like to catch up sometime and grab a drink.

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Was just down to San Jose in January and am planning on heading back early April. This is just after Easter Sunday so I hope things aren't too dead.

The plan is to spend 4 nights in San Jose, then a Saturday / Sunday night in Jaco and the return to San Jose for 4 more nights.

While I usually stay at the Sportsmens, I got a great deal on an Balcony King room at the Castillo with the all inclusive. The real clincher is that they will provide round trip transfer to Jaco for $35 each way. That in itself will save me around $130 or so.

In Jaco, I bit the bullet and booked a poolside room at the Cocal. It was expensive and I know it will be noisy but since I am only there two nights, I figured I might as well be in the heart of the beast. Previous reports have said that if you show your CRT card at check in, you will get a 10% discount. Don't even try to book a room online. The easiest way is to just call their 800 number. The woman that answered the phone spoke perfect English and had me taken care of quickly. The send you an email and you need to fill out a form with your credit card details (email or fax back) and they will charge a one night deposit. They will then send a confirmation email.

Like I said at the top, hopefully things are slowed down too much because of the previous week being Santa Semana.