www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dec 30th-Jan7th
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:50 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Flights booked, room reserved at the SL. First trip to CR, to be fair it's my first trip to CR because my usual destinations of Germany and Thailand are closed. Have a room booked at the SL, which is great but it's not everything I want... regardless I have the El Rey room booked for the duration of my trip and plan to keep it. The private patio seems good, I do like an hour or two in the middle of the day to lounge and read... maybe nap.... OK napping is the best :D

Looking forward to the bar.

However...

One of the things I like to do on my trips is take a girl to a nice resort for 2-3 nights and just hang. Enjoy the resort, go be a tourist and shop and eat, get a massage, drink, eat, be naughty etc... 72 hour novia experience.

It's super easy to do in Thailand, I'm just not up to speed on CR...

Asking the brothers for some contacts on this.

thanks!

Post subject: Re: Dec 30th-Jan7th
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

This is just my opinion-I’m not sure what “resorts” are open. Are you thinking the beach? like Jaco? I’m not sure about Thai girls but I would warn you against taking a CR girl to a resort if you don’t speak Spanish (or she speaks pretty good English) or have some type of prior relationship with her. I’ve seen a lot of guys try to do this without meeting the prior requirements and it turns into a real hassle, disaster. Their “attitude” changes real quick on a trip. The girls obviously are all about the money, so instead of going with a guy to the beach, she could make more in San Jose with a few customers. It’s not worth it IMO.

Last edited by bfpsu12 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:25 pm 

bfpsu12 wrote:
This is just my opinion-I’m not sure what “resorts” are open. Are you thinking the beach? like Jaco? I’m not sure about Thai girls but I would warn you against taking a CR girl to a resort if you don’t speak Spanish (she speaks pretty good English) or have some type of prior relationship with her. I’ve seen a lot of guys try to do this without meeting the prior requirements and it turns into a real hassle, disaster. Their “attitude” changes real quick on a trip. The girls obviously are all about the money, so instead of going with a guy to the beach, she could make more in San Jose with a few customers. It’s not worth it IMO.

Thanks for the great reply, and yes head to the beach. This is what I needed to know. Looks like it's not a good idea this trip so I'll skip it. In Thailand as long as you set expectations from the start, LLT is not uncommon. You can certainly get the crazy TG, but the system and the culture certainly makes it easy to do LLT there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Check out Doubletree Puntarenas or Best Western Jaco. Both close and reasonably priced. Stayed at the latter. Not bad.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:20 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

My personal experience with this idea of taking trip well I was extremely hesitant at first just from reading posts on this forum, I'm a very cautious person anyways so my guard was always up my 1st few trips. I'm on my way for my 6th trip now, but the more and more I came down the more I started to feel comfortable in starting to interview these girls and asking questions to find a nice Chica to travel with, Summer 2019 I meet a beautiful 24yo Tica from Limon, When I came down Nov 19' I did an TLN with her for 1 night and then my trip in (Feb 2020) I felt comfortable enough that I took to her to La Fortuna for 3 days at the resort called The Royal Corin.

My advice is I would not recommend this on your 1st trip, if you wanna take a day or 2 and go to a Resort type place with beach access try the Cocal plenty of fun to be had with talent hanging out right at the hotel.

bfpsu12 hit it on the head these girls would rather see 2-3 others to make more that day, however it's not impossible but better IMO to build a relationship and set something like that up for future visits.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:20 am 

Doubletree Puntarenas is now very expensive, all inclusive nice resort. I used to stay there free on Hilton points 10 years ago, but not cheap anymore. 300-400

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:03 pm 

Thanks everyone for all your input! Sounds like it's not the best idea in CR, so I'll skip it. I may do a few days on the beach, probably use some Marriott points in Los Seunos.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:50 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Saltyron,

Don't let the Nay-sayers bring you down amigo. I am of a firm belief that if you don't experience some drama on your trip with a Chica, you really haven't enjoyed the full Costa Rica mongering experience! :shock:

While I agree with all the replies above, because each is absolutely correct, if you find the right little Chica and you think you have chemistry - than why not go to Jaco for 2 nights! The Best Western, The Los Suenos, Hell even Claritas ($50) or Delphin in Playa Bejuco are all perfect. The latter is extremely quiet and you will get all her attention.

I would make sure she is not using drugs and I would be prepared mentally to enjoy the first night, but on the second day there is a VERY HIGH probabiity that:

Her sister is in the hospital and she has to leave,
Her Dog died,
Her baby is sick, etc....

She will have to leave and if it's later in the day she may want additional monies...

Just as a bench mark, I have had to kick girls out, call them an Uber home (if you picked them up in San Jose, they are going to want an Uber back home)
and pay them an extra $200 to get rid of them (extortion). So the total price can be a lot higher than she was worth...

Again, it depends on the Chica....If you set them up ahead of time that they are your favorite and you only like them and pour it on heavy about how you are coming back only for them, sometimes that can make the difference...

In any case, Drama is just part of the trip for me....You can not let the Chicas get under your skin!

Now if you go to the beach, Jaco has the Cocal and there are plenty of girls at the bar and pool for to pick up and bring back to your room - but its not exactly the same over night and extended experience.

Good luck either way you choose!
My 2 Colones -

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:45 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
I would make sure she is not using drugs and I would be prepared mentally to enjoy the first night, but on the second day there is a VERY HIGH probabiity that:

Her Dog died,

LOL, thanks for the great post. This part made me laugh.... made me think of "our water buffalo just died". :D

The Delfin Playa Bejuco looks great, I may just rent a car and drive down there myself for a few days of quiet R&R.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:47 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
and pay them an extra $200 to get rid of them (extortion). So the total price can be a lot higher than she was worth...

Hey California, can you elaborate on the $200 extortion part? How did she extort you? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:13 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Oh Shit, I got called out by Dildoman :shock: I am not in any trouble am I ? :oops:

I was loosely referring to a Chica demanding more money after a day or two on a multi day sleep over when drama starts and you want her to leave. Chica's that are aggressive calculate their time aggressively and round up.....example: Friday night to Saturday you negotiate $200 TLN, Saturday to Sunday SAME = $200. its now Sunday at 2pm, drama starts, you ask her to leave and giver $400 plus a $50 tip and she wants $600 for 3 days instead...that is what I was inferring to when I used the word "extortion."**

**Footnote, I am referring to the many experiences of one particular wingman and his Chica's. I personally have never been in that situation with my Chica... :roll: (thanks in part to reading all of BangBang57's posts)

My one wingman who creates this drama is wealthy, egocentric, and I advocate to him to just pay them the extra $200 and blow the Chica out the door. 8 years ago on his inaugural trip with me, he was having a full on screaming match with a 19 yo Paisa at 11pm at the security gate of the posh development by the beach were staying at...it was actually hilarious! Luckily I knew the guards and they were laughing too....but i was more worried about possible repercussions - you never know....which is why I always advocate to just pay them without incident. It is part of the 1-3 day trip to the beach experience with him! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And I no longer travel to CR with that monger - he is too much work. You veterans know exactly what I mean...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52644

The above OP is a good quick read why if you lose control of your fantasy, and your Chica demands money - you pay her without fanfare and learn to be a better monger from the experience....

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:09 am 

Californiamann wrote:
Saltyron,

Don't let the Nay-sayers bring you down amigo. I am of a firm belief that if you don't experience some drama on your trip with a Chica, you really haven't enjoyed the full Costa Rica mongering experience! :shock:

While I agree with all the replies above, because each is absolutely correct, if you find the right little Chica and you think you have chemistry - than why not go to Jaco for 2 nights! The Best Western, The Los Suenos, Hell even Claritas ($50) or Delphin in Playa Bejuco are all perfect. The latter is extremely quiet and you will get all her attention.

Her Dog died,

She will have to leave and if it's later in the day she may want additional monies...

Just as a bench mark, I have had to kick girls out, call them an Uber home (if you picked them up in San Jose, they are going to want an Uber back home)

Again, it depends on the Chica....If you set them up ahead of time that they are your favorite and you only like them and pour it on heavy about how you are coming back only for them, sometimes that can make the difference...

In any case, Drama is just part of the trip for me....You can not let the Chicas get under your skin!

Now if you go to the beach, Jaco has the Cocal and there are plenty of girls at the bar and pool for to pick up and bring back to your room - but its not exactly the same over night and extended experience.

Good luck either way you choose!
My 2 Colones -

Both good picks. Claritas is fun and on the beach. They have a fridge and a small pool. Best Western is all inclusive now. Across the street from the bus station.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:44 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
Oh Shit, I got called out by Dildoman :shock: I am not in any trouble am I ? :oops:

I was loosely referring to a Chica demanding more money after a day or two on a multi day sleep over when drama starts and you want her to leave. Chica's that are aggressive calculate their time aggressively and round up.....example: Friday night to Saturday you negotiate $200 TLN, Saturday to Sunday SAME = $200. its now Sunday at 2pm, drama starts, you ask her to leave and giver $400 plus a $50 tip and she wants $600 for 3 days instead...that is what I was inferring to when I used the word "extortion."**

Yikes! Yeah, fortunately I haven't had to deal with such insanity. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:53 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I will be there the 31st to the 6th. Will be staying a couple nights at the SL then at a nearby Airbnb for the following 4 nights. I havent been to SJ in 15 years, so Im looking forward to this trip very much.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:55 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

What are the plans for NYE? I was contemplating spending nye over there, but still deciding since I am not sure what my options are.

When I was there in November, two ticas told me that some bars at el Pueblo were opened past curfew hours until like 5am. Of course I didn't go because my "I am going to get robbed" alarm went off. But I forgot to ask if anyone in the forum have heard such thing.