www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:52 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Boynton wrote:
Pre-trip jitters are normal. Don’t let a little ball busting slow you down. You are in for a life changing paradigm shift.

Never! If anything that convinced me that I am among like minded individuals. I'm in and leaving my umbrella on purpose. Let's get wet. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:15 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

This will be my third visit to Jaco during Thanksgiving week. It’s the tail end of the wet season. Every year my weather app prior to my trip said storm. And each visit, the weather was great except for the daily early evening thunderstorm. No worries on my end.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:21 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

fech75 wrote:
Boynton wrote:
Pre-trip jitters are normal. Don’t let a little ball busting slow you down. You are in for a life changing paradigm shift.

Never! If anything that convinced me that I am among like minded individuals. I'm in and leaving my umbrella on purpose. Let's get wet. 8)

Trust me, bring an umbrella. There will be a daily shower at some point. Probably two; one in the morning and another around sunset.

Looks like our trips overlap. I arrive later Tuesday night. I’m flying in from NYC. Say hello once I arrive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:54 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Swingwithme2nite wrote:
fech75 wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Trust me, bring an umbrella. There will be a daily shower at some point. Probably two; one in the morning and another around sunset.

Looks like our trips overlap. I arrive later Tuesday night. I’m flying in from NYC. Say hello once I arrive.

Sounds like a plan. I arrive on Monday from EWR. Will be in San Jose Mon to Wed, Cocal Wed to Sat and spending Sat night in San Jose so I won't miss my 9AM flight back on Sun.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Night 1 - I stopped for the first time ever at SL after I landed and checked in at the Taormina. I have to say that I was not impressed with the menu. Perhaps it was because it was 9PM on a Monday, but the line up was just not great at all in my opinion. I ended up meeting two girls at Taormina and had a blast. We stayed in my room drinking until about 1AM before they left. They first quoted me $200 and I said that the peeps at this forum would kill me if after all the advice I ended up being not only a "cien" boy, but even worse a double "cien" one. So ended up doing $160 for both.

PS: I miss Del Rey :P