www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CR Bound October!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:31 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Kojo96 wrote:
I have stayed at a number of AirBNB's without any problems. When I inquire I am upfront and ask if there are any restrictions on visitors. Most say no problem although a few said no parties or noise after 10 PM, in other words be cool. It was funny one time a regular met me at the airport and when we got to the condo for check in she knew the owner. I think if you are discrete about it many really don't care, they just want the cash.

I've checked a couple of times on everything I could find on Airbnb downtown. Succeeded with the old hostel place on Avenida Central, but not the greatest place to stay. But visitor tolerant. But I was never able to find any other downtown area Airbnb that did not have restrictions in their rules, either specifically saying no sex workers or something like that, or no visitors period. So be sure you check.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:26 pm 

I have stayed in places that did not allow guests per se, but I did take local girls to my room with me. Granted I was not doing this multiple times a day but sometimes it was different ones different nights. I believe if you do not flaunt it in their face, your girl does not have that naughty look, and is dressed in a more conservative way (no hooker shoes) you should not have any issues. I used to keep a room in the gulch and one elsewhere where I could take non working girls I met, to an area that they would not have to worry about being seen and possibly miss labeled as a prostitute. If you are approached by security or management stand your ground and defend the girl by making it known you are appalled for them to assume she is a prostitute and they need to apologize to her.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:53 am 

CaliforniaSunshine wrote:
Any good alternatives to the SL to stay at? Debating Airbnb, or another chica friendly hotel. SL may not be open when I arrive

Hotel Little Havana

they are advertising on this site like they're open, or will be soon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:07 am 
Site Admin

SinCity wrote:
Any good alternatives to the SL to stay at? Debating Airbnb, or another chica friendly hotel. SL may not be open when I arrive

Hotel Little Havana

they are advertising on this site like they're open, or will be soon

HLH is open and is offering a discount for reservations booked this month for stays through the end of year.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52516

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:41 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I had looked at Airbnb for my last trip I was planning, but didn't go. As stated, read the info they post. some are unclear and i asked them if I am able to bring friends over for dinner and games. Most said that is fine just not too late or a loud noise (as mentioned above). I did have one person flat out say to me no prostitutes; but that was close to the glutch by the museums.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Jawanker wrote:
True :D . I once had a friend in the states take a rental car offroading and brought it back all trashed out.

I rented a car a few weeks ago and opted to get the insurance coverage. When signing the paperwork, it specifically said it didn't cover the car if you take it off road.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:00 am 

Quote:
HLH is open and is offering a discount for reservations booked this month for stays through the end of year.

[/quote]

is the bar/restaurant open on the 1st floor?

are there chicas hanging out in bar/restaurant?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:19 am 
Site Admin

SinCity wrote:
Quote:

is the bar/restaurant open on the 1st floor?

are there chicas hanging out in bar/restaurant?[/quote]

The answers are yes and yes.

If you have any other questions, PM me and I can pass them onto the manager, whom I am in contact with.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

How about La Amistad? Is it open? Anyone hear from Matt or Darren about it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

nosejelly wrote:
How about La Amistad? Is it open? Anyone hear from Matt or Darren about it?

Just got off the phone with Matt. They are waiting to hear from their attorneys and get more details about procedures. The announcement on Friday was just a brief press release. So, we expect more information this week.

Post subject: Oct 15-20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:19 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hello! Newbie here. My trip is planned for Oct 15-20. I was originally going to spend it mainly in Jaco, but since Sportsmen's is opening on the 15th, should I spend a couple nights in San Jose as well? I haven't hammered hotel accommodations yet, so I'm still trying to figure out what I should do.

Oh, as for the medical insurance, I got mine from Trawick. I know it's been mentioned here that the lodging wasn't covered, but when I looked at the actual brochure, it clearly states that hospital stays are included. Is hospital stay and the lodging different?

Post subject: Re: Oct 15-20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:46 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Trawick is NOT covered and you will be screwed upon arrival. Unfortunately gents I tested positive for Covid this morning. My plans have been indefinitely put on hold. I would personally hit up the lodge then go out to Jaco.
I will be offline for a little while, im feeling like shit. Fingers crossed and I hope you all are safe.

Damn, sorry to hear about the positive test. Hopefully it doesn't affect you too seriously.

Damn, that sucks about Trawick. I wonder if there are other options rather than using the overpriced government-sponsored insurance. That "$2K for accommodations related to pandemic" is very vague. Like if they're talking about hospital stay, then it's included in the medical coverage. But if they're talking about some random private quarantine place, then I'm not sure any international medical insurance company has that.

Yeah, I'm thinking about staying in San Jose for 1 or 2 nights and then going to Jaco for the rest of my trip. Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:43 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I am on the ground now in San Jose and seeing chicas daily. Might head to Jaco on the weekend for a change of pace. Then back in San Jose next week.

Open to meet for a beer if anyone interested.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:53 pm 

Bar Malibu and Poas have the same house pigs that have always been there. The 2 pensions next to Malibu including La Pantera have slim pickings. Buyers market. Don’t spend more than 20-25k, if that. Add 10k for the same puta if you speak no Spanish.

Post subject: Re: Oct 15-20
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Trawick is NOT covered and you will be screwed upon arrival. Unfortunately gents I tested positive for Covid this morning. My plans have been indefinitely put on hold. I would personally hit up the lodge then go out to Jaco.
I will be offline for a little while, im feeling like shit. Fingers crossed and I hope you all are safe.

Get well soon amigo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next