www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:17 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I will be flying to CR for my third time but this time to Liberia and then to Tamarindo next Thursday. I am hoping to enjoy the beautiful beaches over there and also to find a good Costa Rican tica. If you know where I should be looking her for there please let me know some hot spots. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:25 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Search the threads the info that might be old is still relevent. You are going to need spanish if you want to hit the locals as there is not a venue like the Sportsman or Del Rey but there are lots of Ticas there that will be willing to spend some time with you but you will need to work a little for it. Also lots of vacationers if you have some game they can be had as well but you will be needing to get yourself dirty and mix it up, the more times you are turned down, the closer you are to getting laid. Be descrite in your approach though and do not bring up the subject of money, if the girl wants or needs it she will bring it up. You might get away with just paying for food and drinks and maybe a place to stay for the night......

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:43 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the advice Ilvr4play. I will keep that in mind. I will also not go with higher expectations less I will be disappointed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:40 pm 

At the end of the main road is a Bar Restaurant Nogui's. That is where I would hang and see about picking someone up there. The food is pretty good and reasonable as well. You will find a lot of tourists there that could be ripe for the picking also. We spent the day over there one and when I was done I paid for an outdoor shower next to the restaurant and had the girl that cleaned the place flirting with me. If I was single I would have made plans with her.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Wow! Thanks! I will surely try that restaurant Nogui's but what do you mean by the end of main road? I will post here my experience with Tamarino when I get back. I am actually looking to find an actual relationship that can possibly last for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:54 pm 

Last edited by Boynton on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thank you bro much appreciated for the clarification on the location since is my first time there and I will be driving. I hope they have Google maps like in the USA. Actually my iphone has the Google maps. Cream pies? hmm not into sweets! other than the ticas of course!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:30 am 

Marylandguy wrote:
find a good Costa Rican tica

Paging Scuba1... Scuba1... :mrgreen:

mh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:21 pm 

Make sure you try the Maracuya (Mar-ah-coo-Yah) aka passion fruit juice. You can find it all over Costa Rica but when you get it fresh made its amazing. Great for adding vodka or rum to as well. I also use it a lot for cooking by reducing it down and making sauces with it. It's incredible to reduce down with with a little chipotle chile then when syrupy you take off the heat and add a couple of tablespoons real butter, you will be surprised what it does to shrimp, fish etc......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:27 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ilv4play wrote:
Make sure you try the Maracuya (Mar-ah-coo-Yah) aka passion fruit juice. You can find it all over Costa Rica but when you get it fresh made its amazing. Great for adding vodka or rum to as well. I also use it a lot for cooking by reducing it down and making sauces with it. It's incredible to reduce down with with a little chipotle chile then when syrupy you take off the heat and add a couple of tablespoons real butter, you will be surprised what it does to shrimp, fish etc......

That sounds phuckin amazing

https://gph.is/18Vcxp2

(^ No, that's not strawberry)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:05 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Not sure what you mean? I think you lost me on that. I was talking about a Tica not necessarily a drink. :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 am 

Just something to try while you are in Costa Rica. Very hard to find in the states, and it is a great conversation starter at a bar, especially if you are working on a non-local and you give her a taste. Get out of your comfort zone and try new things while on vacation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ilv4play wrote:
Just something to try while you are in Costa Rica. Very hard to find in the states, and it is a great conversation starter at a bar, especially if you are working on a non-local and you give her a taste. Get out of your comfort zone and try new things while on vacation.

When I was living in Boise, a year ago, I learned there was a kind of a specialty vodka, called: Mountain Huckleberry Vodka particular to Idaho.
I was in the elevator at my job and I mentioned to a co worker if she had ever tried that particular kind of vodka, and why not because you live in ID!. It was just the opener I needed to start dating her. It's huge how having some kind of idea/conversation prop gets shit going.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the tip on the passion drink juice. I will definitely try it! It reminds me when I went to Hawaii and had their MAI-TAI which was fabulous! I could also not find it either in the States the way they make it over there. ! It was so delicious! I will be out of my comfort zone just by being there!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:04 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

BTW I read today on Tico times that a family of three going to the Liberia airport from their vacation was run over by a truck the two US citizens where a mom of 38 years old and her son of 6 years old husband was in critical condition and the driver from Costa Rica died too. They were hit head on by a 20 year old K*D driving his father's truck. He is under arrest. I supposed to rent a car for that area and not so sure if I want to drive over there. Any thoughts are really welcome. I am leaving Thursday morning to Liberia. :shock: