www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:32 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey guys,

Im a Canadian who is in San Jose for 3 months, just arrived last week. I want to explore and see whats around. From what Im seeing, there isn't much to do in San Jose compared to the more touristy spots like Jaco. However, I do know there is a lot of fun to be had here hahah

Anyways, I'm 32 M, hoping to have someone show me the ropes and just give . Anyone up for grabbing a beer or hitting the town and showing me the hot spots? Send me a PM or post here.

Cheers

KJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi KJ!

I'm 37, American, and just here for the weekend, and it's my first time checking out the scene in SJ, but I have zero reservations about doing a little research (as I've just done here on this forum) and then just going out and trying the suggestions I saw that sound good to me. Point is, I've already been to a few places in the last 24 hours and plan to sample a few more in the next 24 hours. It's a learning experience that I'm enjoying, and I'm a fairly good companion for anyone a little reticent to switch from hypothesis to reality.

Anyway, happy to meet up for a drink if you'd like. I'm staying 1 block from the Hotel Del Rey.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:25 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

jared wrote:
Hi KJ!

I'm 37, American, and just here for the weekend, and it's my first time checking out the scene in SJ, but I have zero reservations about doing a little research (as I've just done here on this forum) and then just going out and trying the suggestions I saw that sound good to me. Point is, I've already been to a few places in the last 24 hours and plan to sample a few more in the next 24 hours. It's a learning experience that I'm enjoying, and I'm a fairly good companion for anyone a little reticent to switch from hypothesis to reality.

Anyway, happy to meet up for a drink if you'd like. I'm staying 1 block from the Hotel Del Rey.

Cool, sent you a PM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:26 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

3 months, where did you choose for lodging asI am seeking a month visit in Julio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Staying close to sabana park, 10 min Uber from downtown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:04 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

How is your lodging? Is it Air BB? Chica friendly? I am looking for recommendations for monthly rental in that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Staying at a friend's apartment , haven't tried but my understanding is Airbnb's are OK if they have a self entry