www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:18 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

All,

I will be arriving into SJO on an AA flight from MIA this Thursday ~11am. I plan to go directly from there to Jaco, with maybe a stop at Walmart, using One Lucky Dogg if possible. Cost is $125 one way so I'd love to split it. Let me know if interested! Also open to other suggestions. I know about the local buses and may consider that as well... I just don't want to waste too much time.

-Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Yep, definite quandry..........been there myself...........choice is always yours........but it seems as if saving a bit of cash for your vaca is a consideration...........no knock on the great CRT transport drivers who shuttle our asses around, they provide a good service, to be sure........(independent businessmen are always a better way to go if you can afford it!)

but...........

you can get to Jaco from the Coca Cola building in SJ for about $5.00.....and buses leave at least every hour.....be careful about the return, since the last bus out of Jaco back to SJ is at 6pm.......seats are kind of tight....my knees always hit the back of the seats in front of me and I am just 6 feet tall.......and getting on the bus is not hassle free......lines to be endured.....and street hustlers trying to get you out of line and into their private taxis.....the promise better service......but you are squeezed into a private car for about $25 bucks a head....and they sell 5 seats in a small sedan, plus the driver.....a great deal for them!

but once on the road, hey, wtf? the only challenge you may have is catching a Jaco bus from the airport......not sure how you can accomplish that one.......might have to bus it into SJ, and then catch one back right past the airport to Jaco.......kinda sucks...........but.............

good luck.......have a great time.....ask for Pachi at ATV rentals in Jaco if you go......hes a great guide....and be sure to catch the zip lines at Vista Los Suenos in Herradura.....great fun if you are adventureous!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:40 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

PuraVida Transport does airport to Jaco for $100...Give him a PM, he's def reliable.. :idea:

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:44 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I myself suggested to Chicago that he take the Jaco bus for $5. Poor fellow had a terrible time getting down here. Flight delays, lost luggage. Hope the vacation ended better than it started.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.