www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:01 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Booked my first trip to CR from Aug 15 - Aug 21. I'll be in San Jose the first 2 nights then Jaco Beach the next 4 nights. I'm going solo but it would be cool to meet some cool guys there. In addition to the the Chicas I have a bunch of activities planned, rafting canopying, ATV, etc....but anyways let me know. In SJ I'm at the Del Rey (couldn't resist) and in Jaco I'm at Cocal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:45 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Go to sportsman's lodge in the afternoon, I am sure there will be guys hanging out there you can befriend. They may very well show you around.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:19 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Bobby2Timz wrote:
Go to sportsman's lodge in the afternoon, I am sure there will be guys hanging out there you can befriend. They may very well show you around.

Thanks. I met some wingmen in DR just because they happened to be sitting near me at a bar and I overheard them talking about the chicas they've done. I'm still good friends with both to this day and one just happens to live 2 blocks away in the city haha

But I also just turned 25 so you think there will be fellow mongers in the 25-35yr old range?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:57 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

nah, most of them will be 25-35 yrs OLDER than you!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited by Krico on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:38 pm 

They will be older, but will still make sure you have a good time. Recommend getting your reservations for thew hotel and ride to and from the airport and to jaco arranged now if you haven't done them already.

Hotel recommendations

1)Sportsmens Lodge (AkA SL)
2) Hotel Little Havana (AKA HLH)
3) Mona Lisa (AKA ML)
4) LA Amistad (AKA LA)
5) Dunn Inn (AKA DI)

Airport Transportation
1) Puravidatransport (AKA PVT/Steve)(Run by a fellow CRT brother who was proven himself to many people and also takes care of first timers.)

Transport to Jaco
1)Puravidatransport (AKA PVT/Steve)(check with him on availability, if he isn't, check with the hotel for recommendations)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:24 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Kb9ora wrote:
They will be older, but will still make sure you have a good time. Recommend getting your reservations for thew hotel and ride to and from the airport and to jaco arranged now if you haven't done them already.

Hotel recommendations

1)Sportsmens Lodge (AkA SL)
2) Hotel Little Havana (AKA HLH)
3) Mona Lisa (AKA ML)
4) LA Amistad (AKA LA)
5) Dunn Inn (AKA DI)

Airport Transportation
1) Puravidatransport (AKA PVT/Steve)(Run by a fellow CRT brother who was proven himself to many people and also takes care of first timers.)

Transport to Jaco
1)Puravidatransport (AKA PVT/Steve)(check with him on availability, if he isn't, check with the hotel for recommendations)

I don't have a problem with older guys just asking. I already made reservations and flight arrangements. In SJ I decided to go with Del Rey because of everything I've read, I was going to do Sportsmen but I was told its a little out of the way and I really want to be somewhere in the city where I can just walk out of the hotel and sightsee. Plus I don't want to have to go somewhere to find women then can back to the room, I'd rather just hunt in kill in the same spot.

But I am still looking at transport from SJ to Jaco. The transport from the airport I went ahead and reserved it with the hotel.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:20 pm 

Quote:
I don't have a problem with older guys just asking. I already made reservations and flight arrangements. In SJ I decided to go with Del Rey because of everything I've read, I was going to do Sportsmen but I was told its a little out of the way and I really want to be somewhere in the city where I can just walk out of the hotel and sightsee. Plus I don't want to have to go somewhere to find women then can back to the room, I'd rather just hunt in kill in the same spot.

But I am still looking at transport from SJ to Jaco. The transport from the airport I went ahead and reserved it with the hotel.

Ok, be advised the quality of chicas at HDR can vary and you have some hard core ones that may or may not back down from wanting $100 or more. Plus, last I checked, the HDR charges you, whether you want it or not, $11 per chica, per trip to your room, whether she is based at the hotel or not, so if you want to get charged out the ass by the hotel everytime you take a chica to your room, so be it. The other hotels I listed do NOT charge a chica fee, have a wider variety and somewhat better than HDR, and the girls 9 times out of 10 will come down off the Cien/100 wagon.

The main reason I listed the SL as my first choice is the friendliness of the bar/restaurant area without the shark tank atmopsphere of HDR, and rthat Bill the owner checks the girls out before they're allowed to work at SL, and the security staff is VERY good at throwing out a uncooperative chica and banning her.

As far as transport to and from Jaco, contact by pm on here fellow member Puravidatransport, aka OVT aka Steve and see what he has open and can ofer you price wise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:27 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Kb9ora wrote:
Quote:

Ok, be advised the quality of chicas at HDR can vary and you have some hard core ones that may or may not back down from wanting $100 or more. Plus, last I checked, the HDR charges you, whether you want it or not, $11 per chica, per trip to your room, whether she is based at the hotel or not, so if you want to get charged out the ass by the hotel everytime you take a chica to your room, so be it. The other hotels I listed do NOT charge a chica fee, have a wider variety and somewhat better than HDR, and the girls 9 times out of 10 will come down off the Cien/100 wagon.

The main reason I listed the SL as my first choice is the friendliness of the bar/restaurant area without the shark tank atmopsphere of HDR, and rthat Bill the owner checks the girls out before they're allowed to work at SL, and the security staff is VERY good at throwing out a uncooperative chica and banning her.

As far as transport to and from Jaco, contact by pm on here fellow member Puravidatransport, aka OVT aka Steve and see what he has open and can ofer you price wise.

I really appreciate the information and I don't want to get charged a fee nor do I want to be in a hotel where it's a feeding frenzy, I would much rather be a hotel where I can relax and drink at the bar with expats/mongers but still have a nice selection of girls around. So which of the hotels that you listed are in the city (walking distance to attractions/restaurants), friendly atmosphere, and nice rooms. Again this is very helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:55 pm 

Biznastman wrote:
Kb9ora wrote:
Quote:

I really appreciate the information and I don't want to get charged a fee nor do I want to be in a hotel where it's a feeding frenzy, I would much rather be a hotel where I can relax and drink at the bar with expats/mongers but still have a nice selection of girls around. So which of the hotels that you listed are in the city (walking distance to attractions/restaurants), friendly atmosphere, and nice rooms. Again this is very helpful.

I would recommend the SL for eating and drinking at the bar with fellow mongers and ex-pats and having a nicer selection than the HDR. This hotel is also served by the shuttle bus service that you can reserve online to and from the airport, or you can use Puravidatransport who I have recommended here, whichever you can get. The chicas hang out at the bar and are a pretty good selection, but as i said, they have been checked out before bill the owner will allow them to stay/work so that is a bigger plus. As far as the other monger hotspots, HLH hotel and MP is a short 5 minute walk down the street, along with the massage parlor NF/New fantasy, hotel Mona Lisa. Dunn Inn and a few other Mps. During the day time it is ok to walk to these places and the HDR no problem, but as it becomes night time, you are better taking a cab or a van in front of the SL for safety, especially near HLH and NFbecause of the trammies that hang there, if you go by yourself, etc.

The 4 other hotels i listed are all within walking distance of SL. The one warning i have though, is that the walk from SL to HLH is downhill, and if you're not in shape or prepared it can take the wind out of your sails so to speak.

You can also get your CRT membership card at SL and either pick it up if you specified that, or buy it there. It will save you a LOT of money in your travels, and the $$$ you save in the room cost for your trip will pay off the card within 1-2 trips. You can also buy your exit tax form that is mandatry to give when you leave Costa Rica at the SL front Desk.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:42 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Ok thanks. I just cancelled HDR and booked SM.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Kb9ora wrote:
I would recommend the SL for eating and drinking at the bar with fellow mongers and ex-pats and having a nicer selection than the HDR.

I'd just like to chime in here on the 'selection' statement. The chicas that work SL (and ML) are usually better quality in the attitude department, but there is a larger selection pool at the DR. I cannot speak from experience here, but I'd suspect the negotiation would be more important at DR as well.
I only pulled 1 from DR, and 2 from SL, so I'm no authority. I can only state what my eyes saw: DR has a much bigger selection overall.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:43 pm 

Best advice I can give when they answer back is to get a room anywhere but the courtyard if you want t sleep. The courtyard rooms open right at the bar. Also, inquire as to what the names are of the rooms being offered and a veteran that has stayed more times than me can tell you how good a selection you made. If there are no other rooms available than the courtyard, its your call.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:45 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

BashfulDwarf wrote:
Kb9ora wrote:
I would recommend the SL for eating and drinking at the bar with fellow mongers and ex-pats and having a nicer selection than the HDR.

I'd just like to chime in here on the 'selection' statement. The chicas that work SL (and ML) are usually better quality in the attitude department, but there is a larger selection pool at the DR. I cannot speak from experience here, but I'd suspect the negotiation would be more important at DR as well.
I only pulled 1 from DR, and 2 from SL, so I'm no authority. I can only state what my eyes saw: DR has a much bigger selection overall.

I'm not necessarily concerned with quantity, just as long as there is enough to go around thats all that matters to me. Attitude is definitely important, I don't want to deal with chicas that will make me feel like i'm sleeping with a corpse haha, I want nice girls to talk to and get moneys worth.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The whole gulch and beyond is walkable during the day, there used to be a pfd map available to VIP/s.( i haven't checked if ti made it here after the upgrade)

also you purchase your exit stamp after you clear customs and immigration and the duty free (if you want supplies in your room the booze is cheaper at the duty free)

go up stairs re enter the departure entrance, as you come in to the terminal. turn right, the exit stamp desk/counter is right there give them your passport/and the money they take USD, then continue ti the banco further on again just to your right as you leave the counter. they give the official exchange rate there. roughly it is 500c:1d

then just exit and return down stairs for your ride to town.

B

ps read bashfuldwarf's report its very good at how things usually go in SJO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Biznastman wrote:
I'm not necessarily concerned with quantity, just as long as there is enough to go around thats all that matters to me. Attitude is definitely important, I don't want to deal with chicas that will make me feel like i'm sleeping with a corpse haha, I want nice girls to talk to and get moneys worth.

The 'corpse' issue is a toughy ... I had one bad pull on my trip, and even though El Ciego, Dr Mario and others saw it coming, I made the choice based upon how she acted while still in clothes. She was all over me, but in the sack, she was way too new. It was ok since it was 3am, but if I had pulled that shit early, I'd have bundled it out and gone back to the well.

Oh, and she was an SL girl too. My best suggestion is to get them talking. Since I can't yet speak Spanish, I have to limit myself to the ones that know some English. My bad pull could not converse with me.