www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

First, this forum has been a wealth of info for preparing for my upcoming trip to SJ in early Feb next year. I had a couple questions though. Is there a Duty Free store at the airport and what time does it close? I arrive at 9pm. Anybody know if they carry Jack Daniels (Black) No.7 bourbon and if so, the price? I have reservations at the Dunn, a Deluxe room with a ceiling fan, but no aircon. I read where Feb is a cooler month, so do I need aircon in the room?

Thanks

David

Last edited by DavidB on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:54 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I've stayed in a deluxe room, on the 2nd floor, it had a ceiling fan and air conditioning. Maybe not all the deluxe has air conditioning.

cheers,
Attila

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:14 am 

I'm at the Dunn right now and I haven't turned on the AC.
on the liquor issue, why dont you just buy it at the duty free in your embarkation city?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 am 

Jackietrehorn wrote:
I'm at the Dunn right now and I haven't turned on the AC.
on the liquor issue, why dont you just buy it at the duty free in your embarkation city?

Because if he has to connect through another airport, the originating city's duty free won't sell to him. This is why they ask to see your boarding pass.

Sent from my Motorola_i1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 pm 

Jack Daniels #7 is expensive even in duty free. I don't know what time Duty Free downstairs closes but will find out. Your best bet is to get it in the states around Xmas time when they run the specials. Will have some nice little glasses to go with it I bet. You won't need A/C in February as it is usually mild and windy, however, you can always get a room at the D.I. with a.c. Come on down and let's have a shot of that J.D. See you in Feb.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Think I'll buy a liter of JD #7 here before I leave and just place it in checked baggage. Will also try the DF in Atlanta airport before boarding for flt to SJ. Maybe they can seal the bag for boarding. Be glad to share with any fellow VIPers while there from Feb 5 (arrival 9m) until departure on the 9th. Will be at the Dunn.

I am counting down the days. ha

Thanks guys.

David

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:19 pm 

DF will do better than seal it. They deliver straight to the gate.

Sent from my Motorola_i1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:24 pm 

Just checked the price of jack Daniels at Pricemart here in Heredia. It's $50 for 750 ml. Put it in your checked bag, wrap it in some of your tshirts and duck tape it. Bring the whole roll of duck tape with you. Have a shot and sell the duck tape. Duck tape is real expensive here.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:32 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I don't mean to be picky, but Jack Daniels is not bourbon. It's a whiskey.
Every bourbon is a whiskey, but whiskey is not necessarily bourbon. JD is not.
Either way, have fun!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:29 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

they close in the evening, around that time, but you can call them to get specifics your looking for. I don't know the number but found it once a couple of years ago so you can probably find it on line.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:32 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

DavidB wrote:
First, this forum has been a wealth of info for preparing for my upcoming trip to SJ in early Feb next year. I had a couple questions though. Is there a Duty Free store at the airport and what time does it close? I arrive at 9pm. Anybody know if they carry Jack Daniels (Black) No.7 bourbon and if so, the price? I have reservations at the Dunn, a Deluxe room with a ceiling fan, but no aircon. I read where Feb is a cooler month, so do I need aircon in the room?

Thanks

David

If you are flying in at night and have a direct flight, I like to buy it in the US and take it down duty free on the flight, problems: you generally need about an hour or at least 45 minutes before you flight leaves or they might not sell it to you. IMO the selection of brands is better and costs only about $1 per bottle more in the US duty free vs SJO. If you come in at night, there is only one small duty open at SJO and it can have 20 + people in line so that's why I prefer the duty free at newark - plus more brands.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:06 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Can't help you on DI but the a/c usually isnt an issue at night. Besides, the chicas hate a/c more often than not, always asking to turn it off.
Jack Daniels has been my drink fo choice for 25+ years. It will def be less expensive to buy it in the States and bring it down. It will run you about 4-5 dollars a drink in SJO, and in Jaco depending on where you go can be even more! At the Cocal, I couldnt believe it when they charged me $9.00 bucks a drink! I learned my lesson and brought my own from that point on. It even made sense to go to the supermarket and buy a 44.00 750ml and bring it back to my room for the last night than to pay that price. At Le Loft in Jaco, each drink ran me about 4.50 per. The plus of buying it somewhere duty free like Miami is not that you will save a few bucks but they will hand it to you as you board the plane. (Not that anyone would open the bottle on the way in! jajaja)

Suerte,

Jac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 pm 

One Lucky Dogg wrote:
Just checked the price of jack Daniels at Pricemart here in Heredia. It's $50 for 750 ml. Put it in your checked bag, wrap it in some of your tshirts and duck tape it. Bring the whole roll of duck tape with you. Have a shot and sell the duck tape. Duck tape is real expensive here.

Sid, I'll bet you duct tape is even more expensive (DUCK tape is a brand they sell at independent hardware stores, but its duct tape - regardless of the duck logo) just messing with you; I don't feel nearly as strongly about the misuse of the term duct tape as I do another term you might be familiar with, describing female Costa Ricans :roll: :shock: :lol: :P :P :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Scuba1 wrote:
I don't feel nearly as strongly about the misuse of the term duct tape as I do another term you might be familiar with, describing female Costa Ricans :roll: :shock: :lol: :P :P :wink:

Oh yeah Scuba, I know that word!

It's um...uhhhhh...hmmm....pshhhhhhhhhh...it's coming to me, hold on...errrrrr....ahhhhhhhhhh...

TICANS! Costa Rica Ticans. :lol:

Yup, a Tico is a Costa Rican man and Ticans are Costa Rican women who hang out at the Del Rey, right?

Now if I can just get one of these Ticans off the front of the fruit loops cereal box and between my legs taking all my leche for cien! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

I have so much fun being here sometimes. :D

Scoping out Tica heels wit the flaca feels/
No novia para me cause its extra fee, not "free"/
Gonna get a Pura Vida meeta not a gringa skeeza/
Dis is how it goes wit hoes in Santa Joe's/
No need for the true player/just a true payer
Ya dig?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:52 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :)