www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: newbie coming to CR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:28 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Whats up all my fellow members???......this is my 1st post!!...just joined!!....im a Dom Rep. vet.....thats the only (monger) place ive been....but me and my wingmen r gonna try CR.....we cummin sept. 13th to the 17th....probably gonna stay at the DR...cause thats where the action is at...but?....that might change.....now....im dom rep. spoiled!!...im use to paying $50 or $60 all nite!!...with some bad azz chicks....so this $100 shit??....aint working for me...but?....when in rome?...do as the romans do.....but,i dont give a Phuck!!...im not payin $100 for no chick.....but,i will come...have a good time...i speak a lil spanish(wingman is betta)......but...if anybody is gonna b there on those dates hit a brotha up!!

peace and soul!!

"Just becuz u pour syrup on ur shoes?.......dont make em pancakes"

Post subject: Re: newbie coming to CR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:35 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Big Tee wrote:
....probably gonna stay at the DR...

As a newbie, I recommend calling the Sportsmans Lodge to see if they have a room available. Last time I checked, they had rooms starting at $47 a night.

The Del Rey is an eight minute walk. You can check it out often. Good Coffee. I have spent about 700 evenings there doing hunting but I would not recommend staying there.

SL
Freebird
HLH
Amisted

Each of these hotels offers something different and each is better than the DR.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

ok....well,this might b my only time coming...so,i"ll talk to my wingman and we"ll c about the sportsmans lodge.....it dont matter to me...i"ll stay anywhere....but,thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 am 

I have to disagree with Icantstayaway but not surprised the first response here was to dis the HDR :lol: , first timer with $ to spend and maybe your only trip? Why not HDR in the middle of the most action, then definitely consider SL or HLH (great deal on entertainment for hotel guests). But Freebird and Amistad :?: - quiet but BORING and unnecessarily away from the action for new guys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 am 

PacoLoco wrote:
I have to disagree with Icantstayaway but not surprised the first response here was to dis the HDR :lol: , first timer with $ to spend and maybe your only trip? Why not HDR in the middle of the most action, then definitely consider SL or HLH (great deal on entertainment for hotel guests). But Freebird and Amistad :?: - quiet but BORING and unnecessarily away from the action for new guys.

Here are my reasons:

At the DR you are a 'mark' not a guest. All that security is not there to protect you but to insure you pay your bill and throw you on the sidewalk if you happen to get unusually drunk from all the shots the bartenders encourage you to buy. I've witnessed those ungrateful bitchy bartenders wave over security for any reason. They don't deserve your business. Just use them for the girls the place attracts and stay somewhere that actually has some concern for your health and well being.

The SL has become the all around home away from home and fits the bill for most occasions. Bill is open to 'make a dollar' but he does not want your last dollar. He treats you like a guest in his home.

The HLH is a Fantastic option for a few days. I think it may be too intense for long stays.

The Freebird is great for guys that do not drink very much and want privacy or are on a budget. You could stay here for a month and not feel overwhelmed by it all.

The Amisted is more 'low key' than the SL. I personally don't want to sit and have breakfast next to eco-tourist if I'm with a girl in high heels from the night before.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:07 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I'm with Icantstayaway..SL is an all-round fun place and you don't have to shell out a $100 for a girl. My personal favorite Parlor (New Fantasy) is a couple blocks down the street--$35 for half hour--$50 for 1 hour. HLH just 1 more block further. Another 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:24 pm 

Big Tee wrote:
ok....well,this might b my only time coming...so,i"ll talk to my wingman and we"ll c about the sportsmans lodge.....it dont matter to me...i"ll stay anywhere....but,thanks

Why your only time coming........ you will more than likely enjoy San Jose........ and enough with the "........" Its irritating

Icantstayaway wrote:
PacoLoco wrote:

Here are my reasons:

At the DR you are a 'mark' not a guest. All that security is not there to protect you but to insure you pay your bill and throw you on the sidewalk if you happen to get unusually drunk from all the shots the bartenders encourage you to buy. I've witnessed those ungrateful bitchy bartenders wave over security for any reason. They don't deserve your business. Just use them for the girls the place attracts and stay somewhere that actually has some concern for your health and well being.

The SL has become the all around home away from home and fits the bill for most occasions. Bill is open to 'make a dollar' but he does not want your last dollar. He treats you like a guest in his home.

The HLH is a Fantastic option for a few days. I think it may be too intense for long stays.

The Freebird is great for guys that do not drink very much and want privacy or are on a budget. You could stay here for a month and not feel overwhelmed by it all.

The Amisted is more 'low key' than the SL. I personally don't want to sit and have breakfast next to eco-tourist if I'm with a girl in high heels from the night before.

C'mon Paco - he's right - 100% about the HDR - you know it - Sportsmans would be the best choice but any of the others work too

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Ok....well,i thank all of ya"ll 4 ur inputs.....i went thu the same things when i 1st went to dr....so,i understand everybodies different inputs on things.....it doesnt really matter where i stay...im sure imma have a nice time.....now,im not cheap.....but,im also not a "baller" either....and im not going down spending all my loot on this chicks.....i can have a good time hangin with some members and shootin the breeze.....now,i will smash a chick or 2...but the $100 shit?...it aint happening....but,im sure u guys tell me other options.....all that stuff about dr ..might b true......but,it dont apply to me cause i dont drink like that....gotta b aware of my surroundings..and i kno me...im already dr spoiled....i can get chicks cheapers..flt is closer......can go to the beach....and party at a club and not have to listen to spanish music all nite(not hating on it)...but,dont wanna hear that shit all nite.....so,im sure unless something very very special happens.....it will b my only trip there.....but,im gonna make the best outta it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:10 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

My first trip I only spent two days in SJ, banged 6 chicks and never payed more than 50 bucks for one. Most I spent at once was 75 and that was for a threesome. Staying away from 100 is very easy to do if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:57 pm 

[quote="Big Tee"]Ok....well,i thank all of ya"ll 4 ur inputs.....i went thu the same things when i 1st went to dr....so,i understand everybodies different inputs on things.....it doesnt really matter where i stay...im sure imma have a nice time.....now,im not cheap.....but,im also not a "baller" either....and im not going down spending all my loot on this chicks.....i can have a good time hangin with some members and shootin the breeze.....now,i will smash a chick or 2...but the $100 shit?...it aint happening....but,im sure u guys tell me other options.....all that stuff about dr ..might b true......but,it dont apply to me cause i dont drink like that....gotta b aware of my surroundings..and i kno me...im already dr spoiled....i can get chicks cheapers..flt is closer......can go to the beach....and party at a club and not have to listen to spanish music all nite(not hating on it)...but,dont wanna hear that shit all nite.....so,im sure unless something very very special happens.....it will b my only trip there.....but,im gonna make the best outta it[/]

Have a good trip and don't build it up too much with expectations.

Last edited by Rolleratnight on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:36 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

try cr for what it is. it may surprise you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 pm 

Big Tee wrote:
Ok....well,i thank all of ya"ll 4 ur inputs.....i went thu the same things when i 1st went to dr....so,i understand everybodies different inputs on things.....it doesnt really matter where i stay...im sure imma have a nice time.....now,im not cheap.....but,im also not a "baller" either....and im not going down spending all my loot on this chicks.....i can have a good time hangin with some members and shootin the breeze.....now,i will smash a chick or 2...but the $100 shit?...it aint happening....but,im sure u guys tell me other options.....all that stuff about dr ..might b true......but,it dont apply to me cause i dont drink like that....gotta b aware of my surroundings..and i kno me...im already dr spoiled....i can get chicks cheapers..flt is closer......can go to the beach....and party at a club and not have to listen to spanish music all nite(not hating on it)...but,dont wanna hear that shit all nite.....so,im sure unless something very very special happens.....it will b my only trip there.....but,im gonna make the best outta it

Big T,
I hear you about the DR, nothing beats it in in the southern parts of latin america (well maybe cuba), but hey don't worry about giving the girls that big dollar, you'll be fine. You can fish out the stragglers as the night gets late. I've switched over to the DR, i love it, much better and cheaper there. HOwever, i do still come to CR, something keeps brining me back..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:22 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm just curious, what town/area is good in DR? And what hotels do you suggest?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 pm 

AvidTraveler wrote:
I'm just curious, what town/area is good in DR? And what hotels do you suggest?

You seem to have some "Board Navigation Challenges" :lol:

Try posting that question in this section:

Trip Reports & Information from around the world!

Also, the search feature (while certainly not perfect) is your friend - do a search; tons of info and posts on the board regarding your question.