www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:19 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I'm arriving with at least one wingman who is an avid fisherman :D , but not into mongering :? . My buddy has wanted to try CR billfishing for 15 years, but never could squeeze in a quick trip between all his other ones. My friend will be in town for only a week, so anytime during Sept 23 thru Sept 27 is a possibility. The CRT Fishing Trip would have suited us fine, but we won't be in town over Labor Day. We checked with some boats in Quepos & Jaco, but are still undecided...and open to suggestions. What I gathered from reading old fishing reports on the web, most of the fish my buddy wants to chase are up north during September.

We are looking for other anglers to join us for one or two days of fishing off the Pacific Coast. Your "dos colones" worth of advice & ideas for an off-shore fishing trip are appreciated.

Peace,

Pura Vida...enjoying life to the fullest...

Last edited by BlueDevil on Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:06 pm 

BlueDevil wrote:
...What I gathered from reading old fishing reports on the web, most of the fish my buddy wants to chase are up north during September.

BlueDevil,
Exactly where "up North" does your buddy want to fish?

If you want to fish offshore Tamarindo, Brasilito, Conchal, Portrero, Playa Blanca, Flamingo, Playa del Coco, Papagayo, etc, then I can help you with your plans. But if you've got your heart set on Quepos / Jaco area, then I can't help you, as I don't have good contacts that far South. Let me know, and I'll do whatever I can for you...

MG :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm 

Mucho Gusto wrote:
BlueDevil wrote:
...What I gathered from reading old fishing reports on the web, most of the fish my buddy wants to chase are up north during September.

BlueDevil,
Exactly where "up North" does your buddy want to fish?

If you want to fish offshore Tamarindo, Brasilito, Conchal, Portrero, Playa Blanca, Flamingo, Playa del Coco, Papagayo, etc, then I can help you with your plans. But if you've got your heart set on Quepos / Jaco area, then I can't help you, as I don't have good contacts that far South. Let me know, and I'll do whatever I can for you...

MG,

My buddy wants to fish wherever he has the best chance of landing some billfish. If off-shore Guanacaste is the best spot in September, then that is where we'll fish. :wink:

Thanks, for your offer to help...I'll follow-up later today with a PM or e-mail. :arrow:

Peace,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:28 am 

I've booked a sport fishing boat for September 25th through Vic Tours out of Playa Flamingo (Guanacaste). So far, 4 anglers are joining me on the trip to CR and Flamingo with the possibility of an additional two guys. If it turns out we need a second boat, there will be room for one or two more fisherman.

PM me if you might be even remotely interested in joining us.

Peace,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:32 am 

BlueDevil wrote:
I've booked a sport fishing boat for September 25th through Vic Tours out of Playa Flamingo (Guanacaste).

I've heard of that company. They're the best !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

MG :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:43 am 

Mucho Gusto wrote:
BlueDevil wrote:
I've booked a sport fishing boat for September 25th through Vic Tours out of Playa Flamingo (Guanacaste).

I've heard of that company. They're the best !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

MG :lol:

In case anyone was wondering what that exchange is all about...MG is partnered with Vic Tours. :wink: He's taking excellent care of his clients, BTW! I hope we have a few more pics at the end of the trip to add to his website: http://www.vic-tourscr.com/

Peace,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:16 am 

Thanks BD. My company is not a CRT sponsor yet, so I can't promote my business in the open forum. I was simply trying to give a "subtle" plug to the company! :oops: Shameless... I know!!! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:47 am 

Mucho Gusto wrote:
Thanks BD. My company is not a CRT sponsor yet, so I can't promote my business in the open forum. I was simply trying to give a "subtle" plug to the company! :oops: Shameless... I know!!! :o

If we have a stellar day fishing off-shore, my buddies and I will do it for you. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

BlueDevil wrote:
I've booked a sport fishing boat for September 25th through Vic Tours out of Playa Flamingo (Guanacaste). So far, 4 anglers are joining me on the trip to CR and Flamingo with the possibility of an additional two guys. If it turns out we need a second boat, there will be room for one or two more fisherman.

Peace,

hey BD is there anymore room?? will be buying my tix end of the week for sept.23-oct.1, for $250 r/t non-stop (EWR-SJO) can't pass it up.oh and yes this is the same sicpup71 from I.S.O.C.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:46 am 

Sicpup71 wrote:
BlueDevil wrote:

Peace,

hey BD is there anymore room?? will be buying my tix end of the week for sept.23-oct.1, for $250 r/t non-stop (EWR-SJO) can't pass it up.oh and yes this is the same sicpup71 from I.S.O.C.

Sicpup,

Hey, good to hear from you. Yeah, those bargain-priced non-stops out of Newark are a great deal.

I reserved a 4 pax boat for Tuesday, Septmember 25th. Let me see if I can get something bigger. We leave for the 6 hour ride to Guanacaste (Playa Flamingo) early Monday morning 9/24. I'll send you a PM.

Peace,

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:24 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

BlueDevil wrote:
Sicpup71 wrote:
BlueDevil wrote:

Peace,

Sicpup,

Hey, good to hear from you. Yeah, those bargain-priced non-stops out of Newark are a great deal.

I reserved a 4 pax boat for Tuesday, Septmember 25th. Let me see if I can get something bigger. We leave for the 6 hour ride to Guanacaste (Playa Flamingo) early Monday morning 9/24. I'll send you a PM.

Peace,

ok got my tix i'll be there from SEPT. 23RD-SEPT. 30