www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 15-25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:34 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Returning for a 10 day trip mid August this was the best time and somewhat decent deal I could find on an airline ticket these prices suck and I found using miles is no better … I’m already starting to look at different flights / prices for my Nov/Dec trip

Those low cost Coronavirus prices seems to be a thing of the past. :(

Staying out by Rohrmoser going with a AIr-BNB apartment again with some morning daily visits to Monica’s to start the day right and a few trips downtown to see the staff at Castillo/Amistad and I always of course usually stop to see if any cute Talent is at SL.

Did some adventurous stuff last trip in Arenal an ATV and a Canopy tour, this trip I’m looking to go White Water Rafting down the Class III – IV Pacuare River has anyone done this trip and your thoughts please ?
I have done some research and it seems to be a reasonable day trip from San Jose and not a tour for little K*ds 12 and under which is what I want,

Any other White water rafting recommendations I'm open for too.

Post subject: Re: August 15-25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:46 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Flights are stupid these days, can only find decent rates like 6 months out… with that said, I used a mix of dollars and miles on United so was able to make the out of pocket palatable for an upcoming trip

I did the Rio Pacuare rafting trip last July, it was fun and physical. It’s a great day trip away from the gulch. I went through Expediciones Tropicales whose office is right by the Taormina. I did their online booking at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Thank you for the info and it sounds like I’m on the right path to a righteous adrenaline packed day down the Pacuare river with some good rapids … perfecto 8)

I will Do some research on that travel company.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:13 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Just finished checking in for my flight Tomorrow. I was told it's Mothers day mañana in CR so I went ahead a lined up a date with a 23 yo Tica with no K*ds. :D

I also decided to once again to buy the Medical Insurance from Trawick. Yes I know it's no longer required but for my age and location it was $32 for 11 days coverage. I bought the Safe travelers explorer plus option which gives me coverage that my employers Cigna health coverage does not ..... Covid sickness outside of USA.
Trawick states it treats Covid like any other illness.

To each their own make your decision based on your own circumstances, but for me it seems like a small price to pay for some peace of mind.

I see a few other like minded travelers will be in town shoot me a PM if you're around my dates. Although I'm staying in Rorhmoser I frequently visit the Gulch every few days hunting new talent.

Pura Vida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:44 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

There goes the barrio. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:33 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Hi I’m going to be in SL from Aug 17 to 22. PM if you want to meet up and share some stories!