www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:20 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

We have lots of pent up travel after a$$he governments tried to lock us down forever.

An old friend and I have a trip planned at the end of June. We've done Reno a couple times, Vegas and he's been to Thailand. But out first time in Costa Rica. So, of course, we got the penthouse at Sportsman's.

So, how's it looking down there right now? What can we expect? What are the prices, at the moment? Can we expect any reaction from being in the penthouse?

Thanks for any news.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:46 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

productofprimes wrote:
We have lots of pent up travel after a$$he governments tried to lock us down forever.

An old friend and I have a trip planned at the end of June. We've done Reno a couple times, Vegas and he's been to Thailand. But out first time in Costa Rica. So, of course, we got the penthouse at Sportsman's.

So, how's it looking down there right now? What can we expect? What are the prices, at the moment? Can we expect any reaction from being in the penthouse?

Thanks for any news.

Reaction from being in the penthouse may be that you get charged a bit more. High rollers are expected to pay high

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:39 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Good to know. We're not high rollers, just a couple dudes needing a great getaway. I'll dress down.

Covid nuked our Oktoberfest in Munchin two years in a row. We need to get out. It's more about getting away than anything.

Is it still a buyers market?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:47 am 

productofprimes wrote:
Good to know. We're not high rollers, just a couple dudes needing a great getaway. I'll dress down.

Covid nuked our Oktoberfest in Munchin two years in a row. We need to get out. It's more about getting away than anything.

Is it still a buyers market?

I'm not there, but Covid did not make it a buyers market from what I hear, read. Many chicas are gone, into other lines of work, back home, who knows. But, while there was desperation at the beginning of the pandemic, the reports from more recent visitors does not indicate a buyers market, at least not in any way than in the past. Chicas at the regular places seem to be asking more, not less, and with visitor traffic down I think the average deal is higher than in the past. But, a couple of years have also seen significant inflation in costs, etc. and so in real local terms they are not getting much, if any, more in terms of what they want or need.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:29 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Good information. Thank you.

I got VIP access and spent a couple days reading lots of old posts. There is some really good stuff here. I'm very appreciative. Good stuff. Thank you all.

It looks like I'm probably going to be more into the MP scene than shopping for local talent at SL. A post about experienced Ticas turning a long time into a short time and stealing from the mini bar struck home. I just might stick to Monica's, 360 and Relax, if things are still like that massive post. Paolo sounds interesting. I've always liked a cute chick in glasses, but I've always liked the smart ones. I loved the idea of negotiating in USD and paying in Colons

Question: a two mile walk from SL to Monica's is cool. I'd like to see a little of SJ. But is there any (good) MP closer to SL? Looking for 18+ to mid 20's. I can get older and experienced ladies at any local AMP in the states.

I know it's a long shot and I've seen/searched for it, but are there any places with Asian local talent. I preferred Thailand, but friend chose CR for fewer restrictions. Cool.

Lastly, who serves the leanest and best rare steak neat SL? Lobster mashed potatoes with the skin are also very worthy.

-ProductOfPrimes, CR rookie and noob. Please be gentle.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:33 am 

productofprimes wrote:
Good information. Thank you.

I got VIP access and spent a couple days reading lots of old posts. There is some really good stuff here. I'm very appreciative. Good stuff. Thank you all.

It looks like I'm probably going to be more into the MP scene than shopping for local talent at SL. A post about experienced Ticas turning a long time into a short time and stealing from the mini bar struck home. I just might stick to Monica's, 360 and Relax, if things are still like that massive post. Paolo sounds interesting. I've always liked a cute chick in glasses, but I've always liked the smart ones. I loved the idea of negotiating in USD and paying in Colons

Question: a two mile walk from SL to Monica's is cool. I'd like to see a little of SJ. But is there any (good) MP closer to SL? Looking for 18+ to mid 20's. I can get older and experienced ladies at any local AMP in the states.

I know it's a long shot and I've seen/searched for it, but are there any places with Asian local talent. I preferred Thailand, but friend chose CR for fewer restrictions. Cool.

Lastly, who serves the leanest and best rare steak neat SL? Lobster mashed potatoes with the skin are also very worthy.

-ProductOfPrimes, CR rookie and noob. Please be gentle.

(1) No mini-bar at the Castillo. At the Sportsmens you can have them remove the mini-bar if you like (I always do). I don't remember if the Taormina has one or not but I don't think they do.

(2) The walk to Monicas doesn't take too long and an Uber would be less than 4 dollars. Relax is a little bit closer. Divas (old New Fantasy) is right down the street but I have heard that the quality (and price) isn't that great.

(3) I wouldn't negotiate in dollars and pay in colones as many of the girls I have encountered have a pretty good handle on the exchange rates (they change money every day) and they will round up in their favor not yours. Bars / restaurants, same thing. If you are going to be in country for more than a few days get and spend colones.

Now they may quote you a dollar figure and you can counter with a rounded figure in colones that is close but less expensive. For example the may say they want $100 (not suggesting you pay $100 but it's a round number for discussion). You can counter and say I always pay in colones and offer 60K (around $90). She might accept or she might counter with 70K ($104). Either way you are looking at plus or minus $10 on the exchange rates. Don't overthink it to save a couple of dollars. You are on vacation.

(4) There used to be an Asian MILF that worked the Rey maybe 10 to 15 years ago. In many trips, that is the only time I have seen an Asian woman working. There are might be some hidden pensiones that cater to Chinese only but I would not have a clue how to find one.

(5) The closest steak place I know of is La Esquina de Buenos Aires. It was pretty decent pre-Covid but I expect CR is having the some of the same issues we are in the states with their supply chains and the beef did come from Argentina. It's probably a 10 minute walk past the Del Rey. And if you are there early, Relax pension is very close. No idea on the lobster potatoes.

(6) I wouldn't just limit myself to the pensiones. There are reports of some bad behavior for some of the women that are taken back to the room but I have found that is the exception rather than the rule if you meet them in one of the gringo bars. Have a couple of drinks with them before you pull the trigger to get a feel for their personality. If things seem to click, go for it. Most of these women don't want to risk getting banned or suspended from the Sportsmens, Castillo or Taormina for bad behavior.

That said I have heard many bad things about women sourced from the ******* sites (Skokka, Wilas). If you are a newbie I would avoid.

Also very few women in San Jose are going to agree to an over night (a LT in SE Asia and TLN (toda la noche) in Costa Rica). Almost all of them have babysitters that need to be relieved. If you do find one, unless it is with a regular it is going to be at least double (maybe triple) their hourly rate. You best bet is to try to negotiate an addition hour or two at their hourly rate.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:00 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I second the recommendation for La Esquina de Buenos Aires. Best meal I’ve had in CR. Make a reservation.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:21 pm 

There is a good video of Esquina de Buenos Aires on their Instagram feed. There are also a bunch of pictures and a link to their menu on TripAdvisor
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cc_1ZYQJ-9 ... MyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... _Jose.html

There are several good steak houses in San Jose, but EdBA is among the best. It also has an authentic old-time South American vibe. They always have at least one waiter that speaks fluent English.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:14 pm 

Boynton wrote:
There are several good steak houses in San Jose

And if all else fails, there's always Capital Grille on Ave Escazu! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:51 pm 

Miamiheller wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Well the OP's handle is productofPRIMES, but I kind of assumed he was referring to cryptography :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:52 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Miamiheller wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Well the OP's handle is productofPRIMES, but I kind of assumed he was referring to cryptography :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:39 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thank you, gentleman. You're gentlemen and scholars and there's not many of us left.

I just dig prime numbers. I think they're almost magical. Some people juggle geese. I like primes.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:46 pm 

productofprimes wrote:
Thank you, gentleman. You're gentlemen and scholars and there's not many of us left.

I just dig prime numbers. I think they're almost magical. Some people juggle geese. I like primes.

TEHO, I'm partial to the fibonacci sequence, multiplication always freaked me out..

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 7:37 am 

I will be there from June 23rd to July 3rd with a wingman. Staying at the Castillo. Been visiting Costa Rica since 2005 and my last visit was in 2016. Even in 2016, the scene was a pale reflection of what it once was. We are going just to get away. Have not been anywhere international since covid so just flying somewhere different will be nice. My mongering expectations are low, but we are going to do some white water rafting and tours during the day and look for decent women at night.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:39 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

At the DR, there is a smoking hot bartender that looks Asian…
Maybe, just maybe you can give her a spin