www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:07 am 
Boudmon wrote:
If you have an erection lasting more than four hours , book a room @ Zona blue immediatly :D :wink:
:D :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:36 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I need to add that the fees at Idem have gone up to $60 upstairs and $70 downstairs.

Post subject: See this
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm 

Every new traveler should see and use this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79501194@N00/3248484100/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:07 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

This is a great thread ACE, but I would never put that thing on walking around like a tool. Guys should just carry as much as they need for the day. Keep your passport copy inside your shoes.

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject: HDR for newbies
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 pm 

This is just my opinion. I am not trying to start anything. But I don't understand why people say the best place for newbies is the HDR. After having been there and seen the rooms, all I can say about the HDR is that it is a great place to visit but I would't want to live there.

I know the reason usually given is --they have everything there so you don't have to leave. But on my first trip to CR I wanted to get out and see all that I could, so I could make my own plans from my own expieriences when I return.

Yes it's great to have everything on site, but at the HDR I found so many negatives to staying there, including expense ,chica fees, windowless ugly rooms and noise.

Plus if you are staying at the HDR so you don't have to leave, you are going to be missing a whole lot. Or if you stay at the HDR and don't leave, you'll never know if there is someplace you might like better. Yes the HDR has it's advantges, but I wonder, how many people who reccommend the HDR have stayed somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:45 pm 

none

Post subject: Re: HDR for newbies
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 pm 

Lomo wrote:
Yes it's great to have everything on site, but at the HDR I found so many negatives to staying there, including expense ,chica fees, windowless ugly rooms and noise.

I agree %100. What a shit hole of a place to sleep at.

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm 

I stayed at the DR for my first few trips, and unless things have changed since I was last there about 2 years ago, it's not that bad, maybe like an older one-floor US motel in places. What soured me on the places was that the rooms are overpriced, no included breakfast, and of course the $10 chica fee. Moving to the Presidente was a revelation; back then it was much more CRT-friendly and I never had a problem there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 pm 

I almost feel bad talkin' so much shit and I've never stayed there. But I still would only stay there if the other 3-4 hotels were totally booked.

I've seen the rooms which was nothing more then a closed in box with a terrible bed. I think staying at the DR is so cliche "American Gringo" location.

My game would be shot always trying to avoid chicas seeing which girl was coming upstairs etc..

Hell no man... :|

Cujo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:25 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I think I got lucky with my first stay at the HDR. I had a window, the rate for the room wasn't so bad and it was pretty big. However, I didn't know about the chica fee and found out with my bill. Luckily, it wasn't so bad. You can only do so much damage in one day after a lengthy session at the HLH. But I didn't really know about the chica fees and I thought I did a lot of research.

This makes me really excited to experience the SL!!!! I booked a trip there and have been told on multiple occasions there is no comparison. The really bad thing is that I have to wait for 3 months...

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:45 am 

Cujo, on one stay there I had a room on the 6th floor that had a window, and the bed wasn't bad at all. But I've read reports here of rather, um, saggy beds. :shock:

I would agree about "cliche", I'd say most of the guys who stay there are the typical monger-type, the kind who just phucks, drinks and gambles himself to oblivion and who has no intention of leaving the place. I was different, I actually went out on day tours. It was fun to tell the guide "Del Rey" when he asked what hotel you were staying at. :D

Post subject: bump
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

bump!
Plenty of useful info, thanks ACE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:41 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
The thing about the HDR is it's run by very smart businessmen. Why spend the money to upgrade the facility when you don't have to, when there's always a fresh crop of rubes who think the place is the Cat's PJ's? When occupancy rates drop, when there's competitive pressure, maybe then the wallet will be opened and (after the moths fly out) the money spent. In a perverse way I applaud the management--and from our perspective, keeps those guys (the rubes I mean) from competing with us for bed space in our fave venues...Win/ win, I call it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:57 am 
:D HDR i have stayed there it was 12 years ago, the place needs to spray :!: yes rubes will flock in and keep it going :!: i :?: the smart business men i do not think so :!: i could elaborate but to no avail. this place needs to spend at least $500,000 they would reap the benifits 10 fold and could be making alot more money :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:06 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Some Threads are essential classics. This is one hence the tag. bringlist

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next