www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I'd like to solicit some advice from the more experienced guys on the board. I just came back from my 3rd trip to CR. To provide context, I'm in my mid-30s. Have a good job in the states. Have had several failed relationships recently. Was just going down to escape winter.

So on my 1st trip, I really didn't know what I was getting into. Thought I'd I would just do some eco-touring and general exploring of a country that I had not been to. Boy was i naive. Didn't know anything about Ticas. I eventually ended-up in a bar in Jaco and was like "holy sh*t" this is incredible. I'm in my mid-30's and could pass for 30. So, I felt like friggin' Brad Pitt the way the chicas were approaching. It was a much needed ego-boost after several shitty relationships with gringas. I ended up with 2 girls that trip and had a great time with both.

For the 2nd trip, I now had more context and talked a buddy into going down with me. This time, I knew exactly what I was gettting into. I made it a goal to try to bang has many hot chicas as possible. Ended up hanging out with two mostly. Sort of a GFE experience. We traded emails, telephonos and all that cheezy stuff. Last night, went to Del Ray and had a great time with a 20 year old hottie.

Here's where the trouble starts. We got back and immediately planned a 3rd trip just 6 weeks later. Had a wild ride over the labor day holiday. Many hot young chicas. Some repeats, but many new ones. I felt like a viking pillaging a small village (Except I was paying to pillage - ofcourse). Even found a semi-pro who I firmly believe was the best sex of my life. Thats a huge deal for me! The best ever. Never thought the last "best one" could ever be topped.

Now I'm back in the states and am quite depressed. I do nothing but think about ways to spend more time in CR. In fact, I've already booked 2 more trips for this year. I've even called my special chica and plan to see her next visit. I have ABSOLUTELY no interest in gringas anymore. I've been on 2 dates this week in the states and felt like I was wasting my time. I also felt jipped. I put this much energy into it and I don't even get a BJ at the end of the date :wink: . Imagine that BS in CR??? My attitude towards women and life has changed and I'm not sure its for the better. I feel quited jaded and disappointed in gringas. Even a little bitter. After all the money and emotional energy drained in my 15+ years of dating I'm still single and skeptical of every aspect of dating / realtionships with americanas. Very pessimistic on that front.

So, now I spend my days dreaming of early retirement in Jaco or something similar. Or just plotting another trip. I have no problems finding dates in the US. However, what would I rather do - spend $300 on dinner and get a kiss goodnight, followed by many weeks of drama and headaches? Or spend $100 or less and at least fulfill one aspect of dating - sex?

Please send feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:01 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Don't feel bad-just about everyone on this board feels the same way each time we return from CR. There is only one cure and you have already started the treatment by booking your next trips back down to Paradise.I find the easiest way to help pass the time between trips is to check in on this board every day-at least twice.It keeps the chicas fresh in my mind and makes the anticipation that much sweeter.

Remember "Men dont stop playing because they grow old-they grow old because they stop playing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:58 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I will agree with Koppite. It does get easier after a while. The best solution, as all the others will prolly tell you, is to book the NEXT trip as quickly as you can. This is not exclusive to CR, it pertains to any mongering travel.

Here is a funny thing that I noticed lately. When I got back to work after this last trip, I was still on Tica attitude time. And you know what? Gringas were responding to it! I was a bit more physical, and they were groovin it.

Today, I am doing a job at a salon, and in the course of the work, I see this woman out of the corner of my eye. She looks familiar, and she comes over to see what I was doing. I had run into her at a dance class previous (i'm a photog), she's an MD and pretty soon she is lightly rubbing against me while talking with the reporter. 40 something,married, and in REALLY good shape. The reporter later comments that she saw this total sexual attraction going on...so don't discount all of the gringas.

This could get interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:16 am 
Empatey, check this topic out. You'll completely understand....

https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewto ... ight=jaded

Muhahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:17 am 

Empatey,
After two divorces from Gringas (I'm still friends with both) I first got a taste of the Latinas in 1997. I've never been the same since.

I was married to a Colombiana for 5 years. We would still be married but she wanted a Ch*ld and I said no.

I just got back from CR 9 days ago (my 6th trip) and I've already booked my return for October even though I have a November trip to RIO planned.
I'll probably be back in CR in December.
It's a curse.

I say this in all seriousness, there is no cure. You either deal with it or it consumes you. You can't do it halfway. You either quit cold turkey or just accept the fact that your destined to either continue to visit Latin America or you move there.

God help us all.

Wit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:00 am 
Wit Amen My brother Amen....
Sparky..errr Muhahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:49 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I have to agree with Koppite and WIT.
It does help to book you next trip or at least start planing it. I also find that photos and short movies help a great deal. But the said fact is you will not find a absolute cure. You just have to take it day by day reminiscing and planning.

For me I think the sex is only 30 percent of it. The rest is the adrenaline rush you get from the hunt, the deal, and the in for the kill. Just like real hunting or skydiving. You have to come down off of the adrenaline rush sooner or later. CR is addictive. And for me I find that for anything addictive moderation is the key. ( That and I can’t afford to come down as often as some :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:03 am 

Not this topic again! :shock:
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3470
Hazel wrote:
And for me I find that for anything addictive moderation is the key. ( That and I can’t afford to come down as often as some)
Well put Hazel, it is a struggle sometimes...

Witling wrote:
and I've already booked my return for October even though I have a November trip to RIO planned.
Will you be in SJO for Halloween Witling? You can dress up as Koppite... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:52 am 

PacoLoco wrote:

Paco,

It'd been a long time since I read that thread. My god, I had forgotten how right you are with that post.

Empatey,
Check out Paco's post from Sept, 2004. You'll find that you're not alone.
Now get on the phone, call the airlines, and book your next trip!
Just DO IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:58 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

My first reaction to CR was a huge awakening that I had taken way too much crap from American girls since I was 17. Like a new world had opened up. All fearful thoughts of retirement in the future as a lonely old man in a trailer park vanished and there was new me arising. Continued therapy in CR needed, of course.

The last years our lives may be the best ! Retiring on US money in CR is looking like a nice dream to work on. Makes us brand new again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:58 pm 

I'm chasing all the chicas I can find in my fair city. Latin fever I guess. That's how I deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:24 pm 

Paco wrote

"Will you be in SJO for Halloween Witling? You can dress up as Koppite..."

Are you suggesting I dress funny-or just that I would scare K*ds whether in costume or not?

Sh*t nothing is scarier than Nuck last Halloween.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:44 pm 

Paco,
I'll be there and gone by Halloween.

Wit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:21 pm 

Greetings. I'm busting my cherry with this post. This thread is right on the money! I had always heard CR is a great place to visit. A couple months ago a friend of a friend told me about the girls in CR and what is available at a whim- I had no idea. I couldn't believe it so I booked a trip and went in August by myself. Since being back, I don't know if I'm copping out or have found something I truly didn't know I was missing. I'm finding less compulsion towards US girls lately.. perhaps it's been coming for quite some time? My first trip to CR was fresh and exciting. Before my trip I sincerely wasn't particularly attracted to dark haired or latin girls. Most of my favorites have always been blonde. I was/am genuinely surprised how I feel now- I'm noticing Latin girls; doing a double-take; my heart pounds; I think of CR. Being in CR and enjoying the pleasure of their company really opened my eyes. After being back a couple weeks I booked my next trip for October. Contemplating spending hundreds a week dating someone just to date, be on the hunt, or to hopefully get sex just doesn't equate or me anymore and really had not for a while. It didn't make intuitive or emotional sense but it's just what a guy is supposed to do I guess. Admittedly, I'm not wealthy enough to drop a couple thousand a month dating but it's not just the money, it's how I feel. If you do it right in CR you can have some very nice little relationships and I'm feeling the same way as you all that talked about being more cavalier and confident. The sweet Ticas can do a lot for a guy's psyche. Their being open and accomodating makes me want more of them, not more of what I've always had.

I'm keeping it in check, realizing it's new to me and I need to see where it all goes- it's possible I will tire of it(although I don't believe so). It's just so much fun looking forward to it. I realize not all experiences with every girl are great but the wonderful thing is that you don't have to put yourself out there emotionally or financially other than to meet, talk, have a session and see if there's a connection. How wonderful is that and the talent and possibilities are endless. Just remember to be a little streetsmart, take care of yourself, and enjoy the ride. Yes, I sincerely enjoyed myself and am daydreaming about my next trip. I wish it were sooner. CR is just a really decent place with warm people, some of the most beautiful nature in the world(get out of SJ and see it), and a lot of pretty girls. I hope to meet some local 'nonworking' girls eventually too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:31 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Santacruzer and TicaFan expressed my exact thoughts and so eloquently.

Only cure is ticketing that next trip, which I caved in ("Know Thyself") and did yesterday, splitting the intolerable 12-week gap which I had already set myself up for. Now I really gotta book it to be able to take that much time off, and be ready by mid-October. Oh well, that's the cost of finding something so good!