www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:37 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
Quote:
I say this in all seriousness, there is no cure. You either deal with it or it consumes you. You can't do it halfway. You either quit cold turkey or just accept the fact that your destined to either continue to visit Latin America or you move there.

I rarely frequent this section but, sometimes, there is some good sh*t.

dapanz1

Post subject: American Women
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:40 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

The American Gringa has it pretty good, but you would not know it by them. I think they have pretty much emasculated the American male. You have to be making pretty good money and be ready to jump through hoops to please them, and honestly, I don’t think they’re worth it. Really the only difference between the Gringa and the chica is expectations. Because Gringas can make a living by themselves in the U.S., they can pick and choose the male that does the most for them. Chicas, on the other hand, are more inclined to be attracted to anyone with money. So for the Gringa, the bar has been raised. However, they are both looking for the best deal. To build a relationship with an American women, most of the time you have to jump through hoops, spend money and agree with their unrealistic view of reality. Almost every guy I know that is in a relationship with an American women is pu*sy whipped. It really is the only way that most of them will stay with you – its almost like a religion. The Gringa is also attracted to money, but in the context that they want someone that makes enough money so they have the option to stay home with the K*ds or work. Then when they have all the options, they get pissed off because they can’t make up their minds, ignoring the fact that men lack the options. Anyway, I gave up on them a while back.

Not to get too philosophical or anything, but has anyone seen the movie American Beauty – great movie that touches on these points. Lester Burnham is middle aged American male with a wife and a daughter that give him no respect. In the beginning of the movie, he bends over backwards to make them happy, but no matter what he does it just isn’t good enough. Because he needs money to make them happy, his boss has him by the short hairs and also treats him with no respect also. Hence, the condition of the American male having few options. Later in the movie, Lester decides that he is just going to stop trying to please everyone around him and do what he wants. That is to exercise, hang out and smokes refer and take the job with the least responsibility. He basically blows off his wife, daughter and boss and seemed much happier. Very few women I’ve met get this movie and most of them hate it, although they could not tell you why. Lester may be a loser, but he’s a happy loser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:18 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Quote:
Not to get too philosophical or anything,

Hey, Buddha! You should start a religion, or something :wink:

Now I've gotta see Am. Beauty again, forgot it -- I've been touting "Spanglish" in the gringa vs Latina department; time to see that one again, too.

Yes, it's an upset of the "primitive" male provider role, and the gringas don't know what to do with it. They've priced themselves out of the market, cut off a lot of the natural affection that WE have and want to give a woman, and outrun their own biological natures ("can't make up their minds"). We've adjusted to the new economics, but they don't yet believe they have to.

CR is the natural spillover of men tired of making all the adjustments. Great revelation: We get to be happy, sometime in our lives!

P.S. In the gringa category, this steers us toward what we would naturally prefer anyway -- the younger ones, whose attitude is not yet so hostile, who still want to play, and who appreciate someone with money to show them new experiences. However bad the odds, it's still the best bet in Gringaland.

Keep it up; you crystallize the picture so well in your post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:27 pm 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
Quote:
but has anyone seen the movie American Beauty – great movie

How could you forget the most important part. He bangs the young hottie!!

dapanz1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:49 pm 

Chi_trekker

It seems too me the best thing these lovely Latinas give us is the reality of a very positive experience with so much pleasure without the hassles (that we are not use to) which breeds much needed new life into us & leads us to believe more in ourselves which helps advance our own development from within while creating endless dreams of a better way of life that can exist which no one can take away from us once found. :shock: What a great value & favor they do us as long as we keep it real, can't help but love them for this gift.

Think many of us don’t realize our limitations of time, money & distance really work to our advantage in many ways keeping many dreams as dreams & not turning them into a reality that may not turn out as wonderful as we dream. :D

Let’s not get too depressed about what is so positive. :wink:

Buddha you maybe on to something big here & this explains the rapid rise I have seen with drug abuse in the US. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:41 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Diego, I think its fun to figure these things out. It helps to put this into perspective. A friend of mine obsesses about women and by doing so he empowers them more than ever. I told him about the Chica scene, but he views this as defeat. He bought into the fairy tale hook, line and sinker and until he wakes up and smells the coffee, he will be going out of his mind trying to please the Gringa. He’s a bit of an outlier, but we all probably bought into the fairy tale to some extent. I’ve never been to Costa Rica, but I booked a trip in Dec/Jan. All’s I can say is that I hope it is wonderful as Zippy makes it sound, I have never thought of whoring in quite that way.

Dapanz, you’re right, we can’t forget the hottie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:06 pm 

I got American Beauty to see -- and yes Dapanz, that was the part I was thinking of -- of course, since it came out when I was married, I watched it without the spousal unit around, and cleansed it from my mind. She was particularly sensitive to the threat from young things, while denying me practically every opportunity to forget about them... and, although the odds are slim, if you'll read Don Steele's books and site

http://steelballs.com/

you'll see that the inclination toward younger is actually the wisest direction we can go in -- better attitude, and you might as well go for what you want -- but of course, CR gives the closest opportunity to having it all, at multiple levels above in the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:15 pm 

Thanks for all the replies.

I already have plans for Halloween, Thanksgiving and New Years (Jan 2) in CR. So, I've got that part right. The outstanding question... will I ever be the same? I don't think so...

When I go out in my home town - chicago - I don't give a flying shit about hitting on girls anymore. We have many hot, blue-eyed, blond-haired woman. But, they all have exaggerated expectations of you - of which - includes lots of money and attention. Now, my attitude is - if you don't approach me - that is fine. And, if you do approach me and we even date, I'm not the least bit concerned about the "I need to impress you" paradigm. Maybe this is the way I should have been all along? Either way - if we get along on the first date, theres a good chance I'll be in your pants by the end of the night. If we started dating, it always ends up the same way... I'm not paying enough attention; I'm self-centered; I'm just another guy; blah, blah...

After 15+ years of dating naggy, demanding, complaining (some hote and some not so hot) gringas, maybe the message has been sent and I finally understand. I'm not going to put-up with the shit. There are many cultures, outside of America, where that just doesn't need to happen.

The girls in CR (and I'm sure in most of Latin America) are real and dont' have such huge expectations. They might be a bit dull - culturally and intellectually - but sexually they got everything figured out. I've been to plays, symphonies, blah, blah with my gringa girlfriends. Yeah - that is fun and mentally stimulating, but it never lasts beyond... "why aren't you paying attention to me? why aren't you listening to me? why am i not on a pedestal today? " "Since, you are being a "typical guy" I'm going to get cold and withold sex from you a while until you wake up." I've been through this bullshit sooo many times.

My attitude my whole life has been that a relationship is a combination of a good friendship and great sex. The romance thing is always temporary. I'm in my mid-30's and have a good chuck of my life ahead. I plan to spend more time on my career; less time on gringas; and, more time exploring other possibilities outside of America. Cheers brothers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:31 pm 

On the other hand... do i really want to bang pros the rest of my life?? Hell no!!!! I hope after a period of reckless hedonism that I'll finally settle down.

For what its worth, chicas have some definite short-falls. I'm sure we all agree here. Other than their lack of education, culture and obsession with financial support, I only find their warm personalities, sex-drive and stress-free lives to be a plus. They are a breath of fresh air from my ordinary live, which is mentally uplifting.

However, I recently flew a chica home (she had a passport) and had a miserable time with her. She was manipulative and annoying the entire trip. She ended up stalking me on my last trip back to CR. She is on my "stay away from list". Inquire via PM if you need details.

Post subject: 2nd chance at life...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:39 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

After 3 exwives in the US and a culture that constantly is taking mens rights away. It is so refreshing to see the pressure that is placed on me here is not the same worldwide. In the US "the land of the free" my rights and freedoms are very diffrent then Costa Rica. CR appears to have more freedom and openness of expression including sex then anywhere in the states.
I layed more diffrent women in 1 week in CR then in my life here.
Sex is an important part of life that gringas appear to control in a way that will cost more in the long run. Divorce and Ch*ld support many gringas have mastered for financial gain. It is amazing how many work the system.
At least with a tica you know the price, you pay the price and then you both move on. With many gringas you don't know and when you find out the financial and emotional price is always much higher.
The divorce rate is not going down because more and more gringas are learning how to play the system.
The future of the gringo wanting to have the wife,Ch*ldren, and home is fading fast.
I am glad that we have found a way out of that game that works against us. Our lives have changed forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:35 pm 

Quote:
On the other hand... do i really want to bang pros the rest of my life?? Hell no!!!!

Hell yes!!!!! To make a long story short. I am also in my mid 30's and do not experience too many problems getting dates, if I want a date, but every once in awhile the sacrifice must be made to remind myself why I go to CR and ignore the gringa bitches. :evil:

A couple weeks before my last trip to CR a gringa I work with decided since I was ignoring her flirtations she would be pro-active and ask me out because she had an extra ticket to a AAA ball game. I said "no problem" (football season hasn't begun yet). :D

Well, we meet at a designated spot and I immediately notice she has her 2 K*ds in the backseat...."Great" :roll: Typical for girls that actually want to go out with me (at least 2 K*ds).

Too late now, so I play along and we go the game. First of all, it is hot as phuck, so I ask the K*ds do you guys want something to drink..."YES" they yell, so off to the consession stand I go. Two cherry ICEES and 2 bottles of water I order, but they were out of cup holders, so I have to carry all 4 drinks in my hands in 95 degree heat.

Well you can guess what happened, the phucking ICEEs starts to melt and the shit then begins to run down my hand dripping onto my socks and tennis shoes. :x So now I have one white shoe and a cherry stained shoe. I finally get back to the seats and the little girl takes maybe 3 spoonfuls and spills the phucker all over the bleachers where we put our feet. :x There is so much of it, that it actually runs down about 3 rows onto other peoples area where they put their feet. Well shit, now I have about 10 people looking back at me like WTF. I glance at the scoreboard and it is the 1st inning. :cry:

I made it through the game, and what do I get for all of my trouble...Wellllll my fate was sealed from the beginning with the K*ds being there, so you guessed it "NOT SHIT" except a red stained shoe. :evil:

So, YES I will probably be phucking Pro's the rest of my life, and dreaming of my CR trips. :) Can hardly wait till December...Thank GOD for FOOTBALL!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:00 pm 

i got to admit costa rica is like a drug. i mean i had 6 months in between my first 2 trips and was actually starting to get on with my life, but then went back down for trip number 2 and here i am again. i find myself on this website all throughout the day and nite. i keep checkin for flights to make future trips down. its as if i put the wholeworld on hold and nothing really matters to me except the chicas. i know when my leave is over in two days and its back to reality i wil get on with my day to day life, but just being back home is very depressing. i mean i went on a date last night with a good looking gringa back in jersey and i mean i just had no interest. i almost wanted to ask her from the gates, "How much?" i just really didnt have an interest in her. costa rica asmade me like latin girls. the more english they speak the less attracted i am to them. now i do not see myself making 5 trips a year to costa rica forthe rest of my life, but i definately see myself one day bringing one of these girls back to the states with me. this might be the only thingto satisfy me but then im sure she will get old to me and ill want to start going back down....i may sound like im complaining but the truth is i dont think it is a bad dilemma to have.....at least ive found somethingi truly like and am goodat right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:20 pm 

Great posts, the last few above.

Buddha, I watched "American Beauty" and was left with two thoughts:

First, I'd forgotten that he hadn't gotten the cheerleader blonde girl. If he had taken her off into the bedroom, and one what was natural, he wouldn't have been sitting in the kitchen when the neighbor came to blow his head off. Maybe he'd have survived.

Second, if the Kevin Spacey character had simply "gone fishing" in CR, he'd have not only survived, but found Latinas hotter than the insecure bundle of trouble he was pining away for.

This is not only "thinking outside the box", it's "thinking outside the jail cell." (And you know that's the point of view of most American men -- from a lifetime of incarceration)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:14 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Until I made my first trip to CR in 8/03, I never could have understood the concept of post trip depression. But once I returned home after my first ever 6 days in paradise (the DR), it hit me and my friends like a ton of bricks. Let's face it: CR is the ultimate fantasy land for gringos. When you're there, the real world doesn't exist or matter...Hurricanes, bills, wars, mortgages, terrorism, obgligations, etc. While there, my friends and I did these things: eat, drink, sleep, gamble, and monger. What more can you ask for on a vacation?? I've discovered that post trip depression occurs after ANY fun vacation, regardless of the location. I experienced it bigtime after I traveled to Europe, Las Vegas, several Carribean islands, and California. But no bout of post trip depression can compare to what I experienced after both of my trips to San Jose, CR. Each time it took about 4-5 days for it to subside. Once I returned to work and got back into my mundane, daily routine, the feelings of depression diminished. The great thing about CR is that it's not going anywhere! We can all go back whenever we have vacation time or or our schedules and financial situations permit. That's the way you have to look at it. It's not like when you're having an amazing dream, you wake up, try to go back to sleep, and find it imposible to resume the same amazing dream. You can go back over and over and over, and each time it'll be more fun and exciting. I actually went two years inbetween my 2 trips to CR. I have no idea how I managed to let so much time go by inbetween trips, but I did. But believe me, my ass will be back there by next spring! Until then, I and the rest of you have this board to use as a teriffic way to share information, opinions, and feelings. Let the countdown begin!

Post subject: Cheers to CR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:36 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

CR really is a mans dream C*m true. It is difficult to imagine anybody ever going only one time and never returning. Once you go tica its hard to go back to jumpin thru those phucking gringa hoops with no reward at the end. I aint jumpin thru no more hoops for no reward.
Keep the gringas and hurricanes. CR I am coming...