www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:58 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

As I have stated on several other posts, I am an experienced mongerer making my first trip to CR. I just stopped myself. Actually laughing at myself. Trying to plan all the places I want to hit while there. The girls I want to try to meet.

I know the truth. The best I can do is plan to stay at a great place. I am booked at the SL. Pick a couple of must do's, the Zona Blue, Blue Marlin, Idem, and a strip club (undecided on which one). I will take the map and I hope to run into a few board members to enjoy some laughs.

But, in the mean time I can scour the boards, looking at pics and reading names all in the name of preparation. All I am really doing is having fun! It all builds the anticipation for that fantastic day Sept 11 when my flight touches down, that door opens and I get that true tropical smell that seems to be present in all monger locations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:32 pm 

7 trips to CR and I've planned to hit Jaco Beach every one of them.

Haven't made it to Jaco Beach yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:48 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

It's funny, GR and I always make detailed plans that lay out the exact thing we are going to be doing by day and time... Of course, by Day 2 of every trip, for the most part it goes straight down the shitter.

Now, to entertain ourselves and to help build up the anticipation and excitement of an upcoming trip, I find it a fun tradition to continue making these intricate plans prior to each trip, but truth be told, with so many new honeys, options and possibilities that pop up literally every minute that goes by in the gulch, it's best that for the majority of your stay time, go ahead and accept that the best laid out plan is to not have a plan at all!!

Pura Vida==T minus 3 days and counting

Ruffnutz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:22 pm 

Goal,
Done Jaco a couple of times, BM is much better. A couple of the captains I do work for in Los Suenos told me the Beatle bar is like the farm league for the BM. I believe it from what I have seen and experienced.
Sparky

Almost legally single again! Voy a Colombia otra vece!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:17 am 
There is nothing wrong with the BB in Jaco.

It is a great place - Jaco and the BB.

There are plenty of girls in Jaco - more than enough and they are hot too. There isn't as many in Jaco as in SJ, however you'll not run out. I actually like less choice since it is easier to settle.

To me, Jaco is a much better vacation place than SJ. SJ is just a city and so the focus is mainly on girls whereas Jaco gives you break from the girls so it isn't a 24/7 deal.

The action in Jaco is at night, however if you want company during the day collect cell phone numbers at night and your day will be just like it is in SJ.

Depending on the season, it can get hot in Jaco so beware. It isn't any worst than most of the US in the summer (east coast and the south especially). This time of year is the coolest, because it is raining some of the time (green season).

The only thing I don't like about Jaco is that there are too many 20 year olds during the high season (jan, feb, mar, april). The 20 year olds come to the BB to tour the place with their GFs in tow as if the place is a circus, but they soon disappear to the Monkey Bar (I hate the Monkey Bar). Funny, at the BB you have Chicas ready to get their clothes off and at the MB there are girls from the USA 'dirty dancing' with one guy as if they are truly bad girls! It is funny and a little sickening to watch. The 20 years old, I guess, are just a minor annoyance really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:42 am 

Goal,
I went to http://www.thehebrewhammer.com/fun.asp?ct=5
and took the Jewish confirmation test.

I found out I was Jew-ish.
Jew-ish
You took a great interest in the Kabbalah shortly after Madonna did, but quickly lost interest when you discovered it wasn't a new kind of falafel. You know all of the words to at least one Hebrew prayer and/or song. You don't fast on Yom Kippur, but you do limit yourself to only diet sodas. You wear a Chai around your neck because you think it's bad ass, but you have no idea what the symbol actually stands for. You keep a strict Kosher diet...okay, there was a time in your life in which you kept a strict Kosher di...okay, okay, you tried it for one day, but the food tasted like shit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:36 am 

Ace,
Watch it. Its like with blacks only being allowed to use the "N" word with each other. As a Jew, I found some of those things amusing, but I would find it very offensive coming from a Goy. Oh yeah, It just so happens I tested out as a Gentile even though I already knew every single term in their glossary. Thats the problem with stereotypes they don't always apply.

Prolijo
--------------------------
You know what the chicas say, "Once you go Jew, nothing else will do."

Last edited by Prolijo on Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:09 am 

I am a member of the tribe (Reform).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:53 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

well put travelman,,, i couldn't agree more,,