www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dumb Newbie questions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:20 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Getting dizzy trying to find answers through all the BS. Looks like a bunch of good guys on here willing to help. Trying to plan a trip to CR and have some questions:
1) Is October/November good time to go weather wise?
2) Have to go to SJ for total experience or can we just go to beach area? Majority wants to go to beach area and not big city, or do a little of each.
3) If so, which beach area is the best and what places should we go to?
4) Are there places that are set up like regular clubs/bars where you can meet/hang out/dance with chicas and then hook up, or is it all just like brothels?
5) What do they cost in U.S. Currency? Do you pay with our money or theirs?
6) Is it all mechanical prostitution like here or is it like a girlfriend that doesn't bitch and just wants to "F" your brains out for a few bucks?
7) Do you negotiate price? Pay before or after act?
8) Do you go to their place or can you bring them back to your room?
9) Is it all legal? Is there anything not legal about it we should avoid?
OK - now non-sex questions:
1) Best resorts at beaches
2) White water rafting trips good? How do you hook them up?
3) What else besides sex is worth doing in CR?
4) What food should we eat/not eat to try to stay normal?
5) What to avoid?
Anything else you could add to help experience would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:16 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

1st thing, spend $40.00 bucks for the VIP card. Pays for itself first trip in discounts.
Plenty of things to do here, canopy tours, whitewater rafting, fishing, gambling, yadayadayada.
Girls except dollars and colones
go to jaco for your beach area, Beatle Bar is the local hook up spot. monkey bar after 2:00AM
Plenty of tourist tour places to sign up for the non P4P stuff.
NO GIRLS UNDER 18
Do not pay ahead of time, negotiate everything before you go to your place, Beatlebar does have a $20.00 per hour motel next door that isn't bad.
The Costarican women are for the most part very beautiful, a far cry from "bunny ranch prostitutes" Nicas and colombiana's are beautiful as well. They are all there to be had. Can you say what gringa?
DON'T FALL IN LOVE! This is a big problem with 1st time visitors. The experience will be like nothing you have ever had. I speak from experience here.
DON'T SEND MONEY AFTER YOU FALL IN LOVE. SEE ABOVE
The weather will be fine that time of year
Food is your choice, everything is available.
Do a little BS sifting and you will find plenty of answers
Sparky

Almost legally single again! Voy a Colombia otra vece!!

Post subject: Trip
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:32 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thanks for the info on Jaco. Are we really making a mistake if we don't spend some time in SJ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:33 pm 

Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:48 pm 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
Quote:
Are we really making a mistake if we don't spend some time in SJ?

Huge mistake.

dapanz1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:09 pm 

A mistake of gigantic proportions. Although once they get to SJO they wont even want to see the beach. :twisted:
Sparky

Almost legally single again! Voy a Colombia otra vece!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:20 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Guys:
Advice from Senior/Vice Presidente Monger:

Forget the beach. Stay in San Jose. When you return, pm me. And thank me for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:07 pm 

As difficult as it may be for some of us to believe (me included), some men (or should I say boys) actually prefer to surf or fish rather than be in SJ and monger.

My buddy was like that when we went last month. I had to work hard to get him to go out for chicas. He wanted to stay in Jaco a few more days and surf rather than return to SJ. I had to put my foot down on that shit.

THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!!!

-Orange

P.S. My advice.... if you are looking for chica action, you MUST be in SJ. Jaco is not in the same planet as SJ when it comes to availability, price range, and variety. Keep in mind though, if you start in SJ, you may not make it to the beach. I'd start in Jaco and end in SJ if I were you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:00 pm 

That's actually not a bad idea from Orange! To be sure you actually make it to the beach, take a taxi from the San Jose airport directly to Jaco. It should cost about $75. After 2 days, go to San Jose. You may never return to the beach, so at least you can then say you have seen it. I can't tell you how many guys I have met/conversed with, etc who had every intention of being the "eco/fishing tourist" that ended up never leaving San Jose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:07 pm 

It's hard to leave SJ. back in march I met 2 guys that told their wives they were going to CR to fish. After a few days they were trying to find a fish market so they could take pictures of each other with fish and not leave the pink snapper action. ha! kenj8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:54 pm 

Kaylexa wrote:
Getting dizzy trying to find answers through all the BS. Looks like a bunch of good guys on here willing to help. Trying to plan a trip to CR and have some questions:
1) Is October/November good time to go weather wise?

O ctober/November is at the tail-end of the rainy season. This means you can expect three to four hours of rain every day during the late afternoon. It won't bother you much for indoor sports. The further into November you travel, the better the weather will get, particularly at the beaches. this also means however that the tourism traffic/crowding will double, hotel prices go up etc.

2) Have to go to SJ for total experience or can we just go to beach area? Majority wants to go to beach area and not big city, or do a little of each.

You need to divide your tour group into two: One group can hang at the beaches, do the eco-tourism thing, and maybe get laid at the Beatle Bar in Jaco Beach. The other group will get laid. :)

3) If so, which beach area is the best and what places should we go to?

If you're trying to combine a beach vacation with getting laid, Jaco Beach, Puntarenas and to lesser degrees Quepos/Manuel Antonio and tamarindo will all do nicely. I only visited the central pacific region, but I think that beach #3 in the Manuel Antonio National Park is one of the most beautiful beaches that I have ever experienced. Nearby (driving) are beaches like Playa Hermosa...very good surfing. I think that the beach at Quepos is a toilet, and Puntarenas is nothing to write home about...but from Puntarenas you can catch a ferry to some incredible beach spots. It depends on what you most want to do...swim, surf, sunbathe, watch girls, or deep-sea fish.

4) Are there places that are set up like regular clubs/bars where you can meet/hang out/dance with chicas and then hook up, or is it all just like brothels?

Technically,m there are no brothels in Costa Rica; the traditional brothel ("prostibulo" in Spanish) would be illegal. To answer your question, there are lots of bars with semi-pro and fulltime pro hookers in them...Key Largo in SJO is the most famous, the Blue Marlin (I didn't see anyone dancing there, but you never know), Bar Monaco and others. Plus, San Jose has strip clubs that will blow your mind...you've never had a lap dance like this. Read up on the strip clubs...use the following search terms in the CRT search engine: Kamur, Pantera Rosa, Arkada, La Grillon, Tango India, diPelufo, Molino Rojo. There are many others, but my brain is numb...I've mentioned ones that have gotten pretty good reviews here.

5) What do they cost in U.S. Currency? Do you pay with our money or theirs?

Prices for sex can range from around $10.00 U.S. in the locals' massage places to "you're-an-idiot-with-too-much-money" prices for freelancers in the bars. At the locals places, even the tourist places, colones and dollars work the same, but if you're going to be haggling in two currencies, you'd better make sure that you know the exchange rate. rest assured, most of the ladies will have a pretty good idea.

6) Is it all mechanical prostitution like here or is it like a girlfriend that doesn't bitch and just wants to "F" your brains out for a few bucks

Yes. C'mon my boy...it depends on the girl. It's impossible to generalize. Some hardened pros will be mechanical, some will give the GFFE (Girlfriend Fantasy Experience). Some newcomers will be enthusiastic and skillful in bed, others will be shy and incompetent. It's not as big a crapshoot as it sounds...read King Costa's excellent thread on the Interview process (Search under "King Costa" and "interview" to

7) Do you negotiate price? Pay before or after act?

Yes, you negotiate price and the activities you want to do. Do you want head without a condom? Negotiate. You want to do her doggie style? Negotiate. You want her to put on a George W. Bush halloween mask and throw tortillas at your limp weiner? Negotiate.

Prices and activities are negotiated in advance, except in massage places, where there is usually a standard price, all inclusive. Even there, you negotiate the kind of love you want.

And no...you do not pay in advance. If you do, chances are that she'll end your session together prematurely, fail to live up to the bargain, change her loving, girlfriend attitude to a mechanical one, etc. NEVER pay in advance, except at massage parlors, where it's customary to pay before you play, because you've got house management to back you up.

That being said, please don't be a fuckwit and try to rip her off. You're a gentleman...don't phucking forget it. And I'm serious.

8) Do you go to their place or can you bring them back to your room?

Massage places and many strip clubs have rooms on site for you to get to know the lady better...naked. :) girls you meet in places like Playa Jaco's Beatle bar or San Jose's Blue Marlin will accompany you back to your room. Many hotels are friendly to female "guests," but many are not. If you find a hotel that looks good, do a search here on CRT to find out what others have posted regarding the "chica-friendly" policy at a given hotel. Some hotels, like the Hotel Del Rey charge a fee each time you bring a girl to your room. Others do not. Do some research in advance and you won't be surprised or disappointed.

9) Is it all legal? Is there anything not legal about it we should avoid

Obviously, don't try to Phuck women under the age of 18. And again, I'm deadly serious about this; you could get in trouble with both Costa Rican and U.S. authorities. Protecting the young ones has become an international priority, as it damn well should be.
Don't be stupid, drunk, loud, abusive. remember, the local people who live and work in costa Rica tolerate prostitution to a degree, but very few want it rubbed in their faces. Again, you're a gentleman...don't phucking forget it.
?
OK - now non-sex questions:1) Best resorts at beaches

depends on your byudget. Be more specific, please. Which beach? How much do you want to spend (and if you say, "as little as possible," someone here will help me slap your silly newbie ass into next year).

2) White water rafting trips good? How do you hook them up?

Excellent, with a wide variety of intensity levels. Chances are your hotel can hook you up, or you can consult with Costa Rica to Go, a proud sponsor of CRT.

3) What else besides sex is worth doing in CR?

Sigh. Buddy...you really gotta do your homework. Rafting, jungle tours, incredible food, gambling, wildlife, visit live volcanos and/or bathe in natural hot springs with a lovely chica. Hike, bike, surf, swim. Learn Spanish. Learn to dance like the locals. Visit the numerous open-air markets. See historical architecture in San Jose. View collections of jade, gold, pre-Columbian art. Visit coffee plantations. Try not to act like a wide-eyed, newbie gringo jerk. Lots to do.

4) What food should we eat/not eat to try to stay normal

Define "normal." You mean, "regular," like taking a daily dump?

0- Best fish and seafood in the universe, including seviche, sea bass, shrimp, lobster
- gallo pinto, a classic dish of black beans, rice and seasonings

The water in San Jose is perfectly safe to drink, and I didn't get sick once drinking the water in Quepos. The national beers (Imperial, Pilsen, Bavaria dark) are pretty good...the locals drink them over ice! You can get Corona and Heineken too. CocaCola is as ubiquitous in C.R. as it is here. Try a "natural," a drink made with fresh fruit, water and ice...delicious!

Avoid eating unwashed fruits and vegetables. Bring along some immodium, just in case something disagrees with you. And yes, gringo...San Jose has McDonald's, Burger King, Quizzno's, Subway, Pizza Hut, Pappa John's Pizza, a Longhorn Steak House and many other American stand-bys. I avoided these like the plague they are and tried lots of the local foods...again, most are inexpensive, fresh and very good to eat. Just like the girls. :D

5) What to avoid?

?

Based on your list of questions, I'd say you should seriously avoid Costa Rica.
:P
:wink:

What to avoid (an incomplete list):
- Paying too much for sex. Clue: If she says "cien," that's too much.) :P
Streetwalkers (street hookers)
The Sportsmen's Lodge, News cafe and the Hotel Presidente (just kidding)
Pickpockets, transvestites in the city parks at night, walking around after dark, public drunkenness, the money-changers on the streets, the Viper Lady (also called The Dragon lady), guys who try to sell you illegal drugs or und***ge sex, the police if possible, beggars, cigar vendors on the street who claim to sell Cuban cigars, taxi drivers who won't use the meter before midnight, me, acting like an ignorant, loud-mouthed gringo asshole tourist, asking questions for which you could easily find the answers yourself, etc.

Anything else you could add to help experience would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Seriously, young friend... a simple search of this forum would have answered most of your questions within a couple hours' work. Reading online travel guides, guidebooks available from Amazon, etc. will also help for the generic stuff.
I'm going to send you a PM (that's "private message") with my home phone number. You pay for the call, but I'll answer any other questions you might have or clarify what I've already written

Believe me when I say, and I don't mean to be unkind. I've never seen a more clueless post. Most of us really enjoy helping newbies, but you've almost pushed the limit here... Read, read, read and then read some more. Then ask. .