www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:10 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

hey to anyone who is listening out there from the knowledge that i have aquired, witch im humble and i know that it is little but i have discovered a few things,first the are alot of people paying 100.00 at the DL when that is way to high you might as well not leave the states, and thoughs that are are ,they are sure screwing it up for the little guy that is for sure, I could do that much but i wont, just out of principable,i run my own bussiness and negotiation is regarded as an art form. From what I heard Im going in down season,(july7-12) and Im hoping that will make things eaiser but im still currious, and i know you get what you pay for, but still when you are dealing with people wanting money you can get it for less, and get the same product, i could be wrong in this case however i would appreciate thoughts from anyone!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:33 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Quote:
i would appreciate thoughts from anyone!!!
Just remember-You asked for it!
How do you run a business with such deplorable writing? You realize that paragraph above is 2 sentences, ever hear of the shift key? (or is it those 2 pots of coffee you just drank?) :lol:
OK, those aren't the thoughts you wanted...

Quote:
...paying 100.00 at the DL when that is way to high you might as well not leave the states
You get hot ladies for 100.00 in the states? WHERE? I want to come visit....

Yes, everything is negotiable, why not read the trip reports to see exactly what guys are paying. It's not too hard to get 75.00+- deals, but under 50? Sure if you like the slightly fea gorditas. You'd be better off going to the MP's if your on a budget. I did get one for 15k once, pero un poco gordita :o (moped chica)

Post subject: Model for Jeff Foxworthy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:41 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Thanks for weighing in on the original message Paco Loco. I still have the feeling that this guy must be putting us on. What kind of business could anyone run who can't put together a simple post.

It comes down to one of four choices.

(1) This guy is really just having a go at us

(2) He is the model for 90% of Jeff Forworthy redneck jokes.

(3) He's 11 or 12 and just found the password to Daddy's CRT login

(4) He needs to go back and finish grades 4-12.

Sorry to be so hard on this guy, but reading this and some of his previous posts are very painful.

Ye Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:44 am 

Ye Old Man wrote:
(3) He's 11 or 12 and just found the password to Daddy's CRT login

:lol: That was my original thought, but didn't want to get flamed for being "mean" again. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:52 am 

Yes.
Twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:51 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Gentlemen,"A WORD TO THE WISE" never make a post after three or four beers after long day!!!! because when you read it the next day it is just not the same, sorry to all for any confusion and if I disgraced any english teachers out there teaching grades 4-12 and I do believe thats k-12,anyway I think you would be surpised at many successful people there are out there who are very well off and cant spell better than a second grader oh well, no more beers for me,but i am still currious, so to be more to the point has anyone hooked up with a decent looking tica from the DL or the KL for less than $50, my point to this is, from what I have heard they are creating a sellers market instead of a buyers market,I just wanted to know how many of us or if any have paid less than $50, I do believe this is something that we all would have an intrest in!!! Thanks again for your thoughts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:00 am 

He did it again......one paragraph-two sentences!

Daltin316, maybe you should type your post in WORD and use spell check before you post them. You know how to copy & paste, right? Please, after a comma use a space. It will make the reading a little easier!

I think Paco answered your question about the under $50 chicas, bring your helment cuz you will riding a Moped! :lol: (just ask JunFan)

Last edited by Grey Ghost on Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:09 am 

At the risk of being flammed, I just do not understand some of the postings in this section. If the section is for newbies, than why in the world would we not give them a bit more slack, and perhaps ask questions frist and bark back second? Are some doppy questions asked here? Of coruse. Are some of the first time posters dip S*^Ts, of course. Yet, this is a community, and it might be a decent idea to treat some of the newer members a bit better. Now, I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, and it is not only about this thread, just have found myself hoping for a bit more kindness here. So, if this leads to my getting my you know what ripped, so be it. Daltin, I hope you keep posting, and reading our posts. We are a decent group of guys, a bit gruff at moments, but when you make it down, go to the happy hour and you will enjoy yourself.

Uh oh, I did not spell check this post........ :wink:

Psychman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:38 am 

Psychman

I completely agree. Myself, I do not worry about punctuation and paragraph forming much when typing on this forum, I worry about it enough writing letters to the IRS and Revenue departments for stupid clients.

I also run my own business and do worry about such issues as have been posted on this thread, but lets give the guy a little slack here.....

CG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:58 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

guys,guys,guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you must be having CR withdraws!!!!! take it easy no big deal,you dont have to bit my head off or anything,Im chill and im just hoping there are some people out there who will help me have a good time!!!! AND FOR ALL YOU ENGLISH MAJORS OUT THERE I LOVE YA,but please relax have a beer and just think about the times you had in cr and responed and let me know how to do the same, thanks again to everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:28 am 

Daltin,
I PM'ed you so come by the SL and have a beer and shot, you can meet all the guys, get a few pointers and have few laughs!

Pura Vida! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:04 am 

Punctuation? Spelling?
As long as I can figure it out, I don't mind.

If you write long sentences with no spaces,... well I just tend to skip it as it is difficult to read.

Some guys use totally wrong words, and that leaves me not knowing what they meant.

The goal here is to communicate, and help each other out, not take cheap shots.

On any given day you can do well for $50 at the DR.
You can definitely get better bargains in the daytime.

Post subject: Mr. dalton, your answer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:33 pm 

First of all, the preceding posters have been very unkind to you, Dalton.

Yes, your typing, spelling, grammar (or lack thereof) AND syntax are deplorable. Your writing is perhaps the worst I have ever read.

Now, can we get to your question? Sure we can! :D
In other trip reports, many veterans report finding bargains at the KL or HDR (by the way, where the hell is the DL?)
Mid-afternoons are reported to be good in the Blue Marlin (BM) at the Hotel Del Rey (HDR or DR). I have a tico friend who swears that he never pays more than around $60.00 for an hour.

Your ability to speak Spanish, present yourself well, and your friendly attitude will all go a long way toward lowering the price. Many posts about qualifying a prospective employee and then negotiating compensation can be found here.

One tactic would be to define precisely what you want to happen in the bedroom during the interview, and then offer a lower price than you'd actually pay. If done gracefully, the woman will happily join you in a little haggling. Thus, you don't ask, "Cuanto?" rather you offer say, $40.00 for an hour and haggle up to fifty, offering a tip ("propina" in Spanish) FOR EXTRAORDINARY SERVICE.

The main thing to remember is that this is a buyer's market. Remember too that these ladies have probably heard it all and done it all before, and the more precisely you can state your desires, the more likely it is that you will have a good session.

Of course, if you negotiate as well as you write... You'll end up doing her grandmother standing next to the tuba guy outside the Presidente...
:P

P.S. I understand that many brilliant people can't spell. Einstein was such a person. Take the criticism as constructive, please. It would simply make it easier to read your posts, if you would only take a little time before hitting the Send button.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:05 pm 

Scanning through this thread, I was thinking the exact same thing when I got to psychman's (excuse me, Psychman's :P ) post. He, and El C, really hit the nail on the head. If there is one place we should let things go it is in this section. That is one reason it was created in the first place. If silly questions or bad spelling/grammar bother you that much don't even bother reading anything in this section.

Okay, now for my take on this question. I suspect that, at the high end, some guys, even around here, have paid way more than they care to admit. Certainly closer to $100 than to $50 for an hour with the hotter chicas. And, at the low end, I suspect most of those guys that boast about snagging "hidden gems" for $50 or less are really snagging girls that most of us would not consider all that hot looking. Personally, I think the overall level of attractiveness at the HDR/BM is vastly over-rated in general. Sure they have a lot of 8-9's, but 6-7's is more the norm and 5's or less are not uncommon. Real 10's are very rare and when they do occur generally can and do stick to the $100/hr mark (while even more rarely providing GFE service at that level).

Does this paint an overly negative picture of the SJ scene. Not necessarily. First of all one can't really accurately answer this question because what is hot is obviously in the eye of the beholder. YMMV. If you think the girl is hot, what difference does it really make if other guys think she is nothing special. Secondly, way too much emphasis is placed on how the girls look anyway. I think more often than not the hottest sessions are not with the girls that LOOK the hottest. I'd rather have a great GFE session with a 7 for $50-60 than a mechanical, let-me-get-back-to-the-bar session with a 10 for $100. And thirdly, everything I just said in the paragraph above applies mostly to the HDR/BM. When guys talk about finding hidden gems for under $50, more often than not they're not finding them at places like the BM, where prices are being driven up by ignorant newbies, but at all those other places that such newbies don't know about. My best piece of advice on this question is that if you want to find a hotty for $50 or under and you don't want to spend half the night trying to locate her in the crowd and the other half of the night negotiating her down to your $50 price point, the simpler thing is to just not restrict yourself to the BM (vets, I know my time estimates are exaggerated but the point is it often is simplest to say Phuck the BM and just go somewhere else)

One final note:
PacoLoco wrote:
Quote:

...paying 100.00 at the DL when that is way to high you might as well not leave the states
You get hot ladies for 100.00 in the states? WHERE? I want to come visit....
This has been covered in another thread in the General section. I don't think he was referring just to the $100 but factoring in the $75-100/hr overhead involved in traveling to CR that many guys seem to want to overlook. And yes, you can find girls in the US (at least in Tampa) for as low as $175-200/hr. The problem is those girls are more on the level of what you find in the HDR for less than $50 than to any of the hotter BM girls that one would ever pay as much as $100 for. So while Daltin's point isn't as ridiculous as Paco makes it seem, it still does not quite apply.

Daltin,
I'm glad to see you don't take the criticism too seriously and I wish more newbies were as thickskinned. Not all but many newbies seem to be subjected to this for one reason or another. You have to understand that the vets around here have seen guys like you come and go here all the time and sometimes our patience grows short. You just have to look at the abuse as part of the price you pay for picking our brains. If I were you though I'd still heed GG's advice about using WORD, spellchecking and pasting as that might help you avoid a lot of the criticism not to mention making it a lot easier on all of us innocent bystanders.

Oh yeah, and when you get back from your trip be sure to post and pass on what you've learned. Maybe you could also hook up with other Tampa area CRT members at one of our local chapter meetings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:36 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I have pretty much quit posting on here and mainly use PM and the roll call threads because of the attitude and tone of a lot of people on this board. I know a few other long time board members who are doing the same. It may be a silent protest but it definitely makes me feel better. This is inly the 1st time I've read another thread besides the roll call , VIP and around the world or to vote monthly on the best post (BTW, my vote only goes to people who's

I've made a lot of friends and met a lot of people using this board. I've even met a lot of the posters who I concider inconsiderate assholes in the posts and replies on here. In person, they were pretty cool but on here they are bunch of whining argumentitive Babi*s.

Don't flame me, I could care less what you think. As you probably could care less about mine. Just expressing my thoughts.