www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Just a few novice (hypothetical) questions:

-When CRT members say the ticas always ask for "cien"-you mean $100 US right?

-Does one normally compensate these ticas in US currency or CR currency?
Which do they prefer? Does US money have more punch?

-If you short them down to $70-$50 after session do they make a scene?

-Is payment usually after or before?

\thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:09 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Short them after the act?

Dude, they would start a shit storm you don't want to experience.
Not only will they cause a scene all the way out of the hotel but they'll make sure every other girl in the Blue Marlin knows what you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:30 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Quote:

That is dishonest, I think you should stay home and whack off. When you go to Costa Rica you will probably get what you deserve.

I don’t feel like answering any more of your questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:53 am 

Jenjad55,

Yes, Cien means $100.00 U.S. or its equivalent in colones. I don't think it much matters to the girl whether it is U.S. or colones as long as it is equal to the $100.00.

I'm curious as to why you would want to "short change" the girl afterwards? A deal is a deal, and a gentleman wouldn't do what you are suggesting. Yes, I can guarantee you that the girl will be highly upset should you pull a stunt like this, and who could blame her?

The proper way to handle the transaction with the girl, is to first negotiate all the terms including the price. Most likely, the girl will request payment up front, but they are usually reasonable and trusting of us to accept payment afterwards. However, if people start trying to deliberately cheat the girls by doing as you suggested, all of us as a group will suffer.

I highly recommend that you forget such an idea.

Zebra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:04 am 

I will not address your idea of 'shorting' the girls pay, except to reinforce what others have already said.

Now, the good news.
You can usually negotiate the price down to your range before you take the girl to your room.

You do plan on having sex more than once, don't you?
If you handle each negotiation so that both parties get a good deal, your reputation will let you get better service on subsequent transactions.

A little propina (tip) for good service pays incredible dividends, in my experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:02 am 

Whatever you do, do not renig on a deal! Negotiate what you wnat and expect, settle on your price! Do not pay up front!

Relax and enjoy yourself and if you are more than satisfied and even if you are BRAND NEW, a propina will go a long way! These girls will talk about your ass! The last thing you want is to be the cheap gringo motherphucker.

You can always ask how much in colones, if they do not know the exchange, you may get lucky. DO THE MATH!

Take all the above advice and "buena suerte mi amigo barato"! :roll: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:52 am 

Jenjad55 wrote:

Quote:

There have been many discussions here about a lot of girls asking to payed up front because some guys do not keep the agreement after the deed is done. Guess this guy just confirmed their fear.

A personal comment:

Has your comment been taken out of context because it was poorly worded? If so you should set the record straight. If it has not been misinterpreted then you are an embarrassment to all of the CRT brotherhood and the admins should return your VIP fee and ban you from the board. .

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:10 am 

Jen Jad,

For a novice, a better hypothetical question would be: "if I were to give a gift or tip after a session, what would be the best thing to give?" These are women; and should be treated as ladies regardless of their chosen(?) vocation.

Of course, that has been covered mucho in other posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:12 pm 

WOW! I can't believe someone would even consider pulling a stunt like that... Just to give the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just worded his question wrong and meant something else, like trying to negotiate the price down at the END of the session.

I hope JenJad clarifies his question or defends his position sometime soon...

Ruffnutz

Last edited by Ruffnutz on Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:09 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

It's because of turds like that that the girls demand the money up front.

Post subject: Do your homework...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:25 pm 

Not to bash the newbie, but.... Looking at Jenjad55's 11 posts, (which all seem to be clueless newbie questions) it looks like he just might be that. Maybe he thought he would pay what he thought it was worth after the session.
We're happy to answer questions but one thing I don't get- Jenjad55 you've been a VIP member for almost 6 months and still don't know what cien means? In another post you ask if all the Ticas migrate back to South America/Europe for the summer? :?
Your first trip is coming up soon, you've had 6 months to absorb the wealth of information on this forum yet still seem to be umm, quite clueless, no offense but c'mon- do some reading dude...here's a couple links-

Jenjad55 wrote:
-Does one normally compensate these ticas in US currency or CR currency? -Is payment usually after or before?\thanks

$$$ or Colones??
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4181

From The ARCHIVES
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=6820

PS- learn a little spanish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:36 pm 

Jenjad55

Guess I'll pile on also... maybe question & comment was innocent but if you have that mind set, I'd suggest you change it or you may not be very comfortable hanging with a large number of CRT'ers.

A deal is a deal and a gentleman is always a gentleman, even when no one else is looking.

In addition to the hard core chicas ( make your best deal) at the DR you'll also run into some semi or very part timers who are there to make the rent or put some food on the table. can be a very enjoyable experience and somewhat educational if at all interested in the culture...

bottom line... make your best deal with the pros but remember that 10K colons to me & you is just another funny colored bill, it may represent 2 or more days work as a maid or in a tienda for a young Tica mother...

OK.. off my soapbox... got that off my chest... God, Where is Circus when I need him...??

Peace Brothers

PIDD

Post subject: misinterpretation
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:51 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Darn...you'd think I yelled "Fire in crowded theater".

My question was obviously misconstrued. My bust, didn't realize it would cause a knee jerk reaction.

You guys keep stating words to the effect of "never except cien always negotiate down-always negotiate after the session".

That was the segeway into my question.

"Short" was a figure of speech & a poor choice of words. I meant "negotiate down"...assuming that no agreement was reached prior.

Of course it goes without saying...that this is done with subtlety and good grace.
\
I hear that most versions in the US will bait/ switch and charge you double after the "session". I remember one taking my money and merely walking out of the room. Then if you say "this is a rip off and don't pay", they make a scene. That is the one experience in the past (US/Vegas) I'm drawing from.

I was also confused on the chronology of the business arrangement-wasn't sure if the price is set before .

As far as taking time to "absorb" all information on the site....I work long hours and rarely have time to surf the internet beyond banking, trading my stocks, and checking news and email. Then it's Hi ho hi ho back off to work. CRT is a large site and navigation is cumbersome. It's hard to get info on the best and most reasonable hotels, apartment hotels, and resturaunts.
Many guys like me join CRT in order to obtain a readers digest version and to glean the condensed experience/wisdom from travel wise veterans.
Trips to Costa Rica are expensive...so my travel/fishing buds and I wanted to get as much viable intel as feasible prior to the investment.

........my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Post subject: Re: misinterpretation
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:15 pm 

Jenjad55 wrote:
Darn...you'd think I yelled "Fire in crowded theater".

My question was obviously misconstrued. My bust, didn't realize it would cause a knee jerk reaction.

You guys keep stating words to the effect of "never except cien always negotiate down-always negotiate after the session".

That was the segeway into my question.

"Short" was a figure of speech & a poor choice of words. I meant "negotiate down"...assuming that no agreement was reached prior.

Of course it goes without saying...that this is done with subtlety and good grace.
\
I hear that most versions in the US will bait/ switch and charge you double after the "session". I remember one taking my money and merely walking out of the room. Then if you say "this is a rip off and don't pay", they make a scene. That is the one experience in the past (US/Vegas) I'm drawing from.

I was also confused on the chronology of the business arrangement-wasn't sure if the price is set before .

As far as taking time to "absorb" all information on the site....I work long hours and rarely have time to surf the internet beyond banking, trading my stocks, and checking news and email. Then it's Hi ho hi ho back off to work. CRT is a large site and navigation is cumbersome. It's hard to get info on the best and most reasonable hotels, apartment hotels, and resturaunts.
Many guys like me join CRT in order to obtain a readers digest version and to glean the condensed experience/wisdom from travel wise veterans.
Trips to Costa Rica are expensive...so my travel/fishing buds and I wanted to get as much viable intel as feasible prior to the investment.

........my apologies for the misunderstanding.
.............................................................................................................................................you will be pleasantly surprised dealing with the ladie's in costa rica,you will be very unlucky to get a "vegas type experience" especially if you use the info of the board,make some time to read the board and stop complaining about navigation being cumbersome...................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:37 pm 

Jenjad55,

Thanks for the explanation.

As a reminder, always negotiate the terms and price with the girl prior to going to the room to eliminate the possibility of any misunderstandings, and make it clear that you intend to pay after the session.

Zebra