www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Good day everybody. I'll be making my cherry trip to San Jose shortly. I'll be staying at the Presidente. A minor concern of mine is safety. I've been to both Angeles and Pattaya. I know in those places it is pretty much safe to walk the streets alone as long as you don't do stupid things and wander too far outside the tourist district. Is the same true for San Jose? Is it pretty much safe to roam the tourist district alone after dark? thanks in advance guys and appreciate your insights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:05 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

1osubuck,

It is generally recommended that after dark, you should take a cab. Depending on where you are, you may run into pestering beggars, petty thieves or groups of transvestites who may try to pick your pocket. In some cases worse things can happen.

It is best to carry with you, no more than you plan on needing for the evening out. Leave the extra cash, credit cards, passport, etc. in the hotel room safe. You are permitted to carry with you a photocopy of your passport along with a photocopy of the date stamp page in lieu of the original passport.

Just use common sense and keep your guard up at all times and you should be fine.

Zebra

Post subject: Mira
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:20 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Same same. Always take a cab at nite (it's cheap and the ticas don't wan't to walk anywhere). Carry only what you spend outside your room, drinks, cabs etc, and keep the money for the in-room entertainment hidden until you pay her. AFTER the session.Carry a copy of your passport, and know where you are as best you can,siempre.
And have a great time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:09 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The "tourist" district of San Jose is 180 degrees out from Angeles or Pattaya.

It is the typical downtown of any capital city with buildings and shops and hotels and restaurants and taxis and busses etc.

If you didn't already know about the action you might not even notice it as it all takes place indoors.