www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:55 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

10 days and counting.... till my first CR trip.

1. Where the hell is San Joaquin de Flores, Heredia? That is where I am staying. We rented a house. I hear it's about 10 minutes from downtown (SJ).

2. Will I be have any problems bringing a chica back to this place because of the distance or whatever? Will I need to pay extra or anything? We rented a car, and obviously, I would cover the cab fare back for the girl.

Any tips or suggestions, as far as this location or bringing chicas back to my pad, would be appreciated.

-Orange

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:06 pm 

Sounds really inconvenient, and I sure wouldn't want to drive a car in San Jose. Sorry, just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:22 pm 

It wasn't my idea. My buddy rented it to go surfing. He'll drive. I'll be in the back playing with chicas. 8) :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:42 pm 

Use the car to go surfing, take a cab to go "fishing". To drive into San Jose from Heredia makes no sense at all.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject: San Joaguin de Flores
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:39 pm 

Hey Orange,

S. Joaquin de Flores is about ten-fifteen minutes northwest of Heredia, and the main road through the village is on a bus route. It's actually about twenty minutes to S.J. only if traffic is light; our driver required nearly forty-five minutes to go from there to the Gulch at rush hour. S. Joaquin is a great little burb; don't miss the sorbeterias, where you can get the best ice cream you've ever had; it's fun to watch your chica eat the ice cream cone, my brother! :twisted:

In my limited experience, many girls might be reluctant to make such a long trip out of the Gulch; you may have to do some negotiating and appear safe to her before she'll go; on the other hand, you may have no problem. YMMV. I'm basing this opinion on what I've been told by others, so take it for what it's worth. I'd say take cabs to/from the Gulch; if you're on a budget and can travel during the day, the bus is an easy and cheap ride into town.

And don't forget...if it's too big a hassle to take her back to your house, you can always arrange for short-time rooms at Motel Eden, the Morazan or (I've been told) soon, the former Farol Rojo, close to ZB and NF.

For what it's worth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:07 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

San Joaquin de Flores is between Heredia and Alajuela, most of the way to the airport from San Jose. You can catch a bus into and out of San Jose. The bus route starts at the Heredia bus stop area near the Parque Central, and then stops at several points along the Paseo Colon, before leaving San Jose. People refer to the town as "San Joaquin." It is still somewhat rural, and is very safe at night.

I don't see why you would have trouble taking a girl out to your rented place. It is regarded as a nice area, and she can take the bus back to San Jose in the morning for about $0.30 US. It's a 20-30 minute bus ride.

I would guess that your cab ride would cost about $8.00. At certain times of the day, the cab driver might not be eager to go there, because it can be hard to get a return fare to San Jose at the wrong time of day. It is near the airport, but drivers sometimes have to wait a long time at the airport. Maybe negotiate a fixed fare with the cab driver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:33 pm 

Thanks for the info, Nevada_Doc, but I returned from my trip 2 weeks ago. :lol:

The town (San Joaquin) was totally dead. It's a village really, with nothing to do there whatsoever. We had a rental so it would take us about 30-45 minutes (day) or 20-30 (night) to get into SJ. Too far. We wasted a lot of hours driving which could've been spent under a chica. Plus, we had trouble bringing chicas back to there. First, there's the distance. We were interested in mostly 1 or 2 hour sessions. Most of the chicas didn't want to go the 30 minute drive each way, too much time wasted. Big opportunity cost for them. Doing a TLN would've been cool, but none of the chicas I really wanted would go there. (Maybe we just didn't appear "safe", as El Ciego mentioned. :P ) And secondly, and I think more importantly, most of the chicas we talked to do not go to private houses, only hotels. It's a safety issue, which I was cool about and understood. I guess the hotels make them feel safe. Oh well, I know to stay in a hotel in the city next time. You learn from your mistakes so hopefully you don't repeat them.

ADVICE TO NEWBIES, IN CASE YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT IT, DON'T RENT A HOUSE IN THE SUBURBS, STAY IN A HOTEL IN THE CITY. THE HOUSES FOR RENT LOOK BETTER IN THE PICS THAN THEY DO IN PERSON ALSO.

-Orange

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:00 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Good points.

You have to find the right pad for the strategy you are using. If you want a long-term GFE (a couple of days) to come and hang out with you, then a rented pad in a nice near suburban location would work better than an urban hotel.

I spent a week once in San Joaquin. But I was not traveling solo. I discreetly visited one of the by the hour places in the Gulch for a session during that week.

The suburban location I would recommend for the long-term stays, the location that will be most familiar and that has the nicest repuation, is Escazú. It is across the valley from San Joaquin, on hills that border the valley to the south.