www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:00 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have a booking with the Holiday Inn but after more research, it looks like there’s an entry fee and the Castillo or sportsman Lodge or Taormino doesn’t, which is the best outta those 3? Is the castillo all inclusive worth it? Need answers asap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:17 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

maybe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:02 pm 

Someone will get back to you shortly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:32 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Ronmexico6969 wrote:
I have a booking with the Holiday Inn but after more research, it looks like there’s an entry fee and the Castillo or sportsman Lodge or Taormino doesn’t, which is the best outta those 3? Is the castillo all inclusive worth it? Need answers asap

Everyone has their taste but Sportsman Lodge is my recommended home base. Staff is great, meet plenty of other mongers out there and girls still hang out there. They have no guest fee but what I like to do is go to the pensions in the morning 9am-5pm, and then go hunting at Taormina or Hotel Del Rey during the evening. You just tell them to come with your to your room in SL. You can find a cab to take your there for $2.

PM for any additional questions

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:51 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

of the three, I would prefer Castillo. The rooms are nicer than those at SL and there is the and open-air environment to speak of. It is just as close to everything with women hanging out on site.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:59 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Taormina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:33 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Ronmexico6969 wrote:

Stayed at The Amistad in one of their Kings between Christmas and New Years. It is about a block away from the Sportsmen's, it was inexpensive, nice, and quiet. I did hear I was lucky that it was quiet since the train runs right by there but wasn't running that week because of the Holidays. https://hotelamistad.com/

Stayed at The Sportsmen's in El Lion room which was friggin spectacular! Loved that suite more than any place I've staying in CR so far. Worth the little extra per night for the quiet, roominess, hot tub, and a nice working desk area too.

Going to try the Castillo this time around next month (8 Feb to 12 Feb) with its all inclusive. Note that the owners of the Castillo also own The Amistad too. They will do a CASH discount too.

Taormina is really nice but I heard there's a fee to take a girl up to your room. $10? One of the locals told me this and I didn witness girls having to go to the front desk with guys before going to the elevator. Not positive on this though.

The Hotel Dunn Inn is across the street from the Taormina and does not charge for additional guests. It's very nice and has a nice restaurant downstairs too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:04 pm 

I thought the Dunn Inn had stopped allowing guests. When did they start again ?

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:09 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

GringoMonger wrote:
Ronmexico6969 wrote:

Stayed at The Amistad in one of their Kings between Christmas and New Years. It is about a block away from the Sportsmen's, it was inexpensive, nice, and quiet. I did hear I was lucky that it was quiet since the train runs right by there but wasn't running that week because of the Holidays. https://hotelamistad.com/

Stayed at The Sportsmen's in El Lion room which was friggin spectacular! Loved that suite more than any place I've staying in CR so far. Worth the little extra per night for the quiet, roominess, hot tub, and a nice working desk area too.

Going to try the Castillo this time around next month (8 Feb to 12 Feb) with its all inclusive. Note that the owners of the Castillo also own The Amistad too. They will do a CASH discount too.

Taormina is really nice but I heard there's a fee to take a girl up to your room. $10? One of the locals told me this and I didn witness girls having to go to the front desk with guys before going to the elevator. Not positive on this though.

The Hotel Dunn Inn is across the street from the Taormina and does not charge for additional guests. It's very nice and has a nice restaurant downstairs too.

Yeah $10 guest fee but not bad, u can take your pick and just go upstairs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:30 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ronmexico6969 wrote:

Castillo's all-inclusive is definitely the deal of the century. Don't know how they do it. Food is pretty good, too. The downside is that Castillo could use a renovation, and there aren't as many girls as at SL or Taormina. However, either place is a short walk from Castillo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:15 am 

Isra123 wrote:
I thought the Dunn Inn had stopped allowing guests. When did they start again ?

Recent reports say that they changed their tune. I guess tree-huggers aren't paying the bills.