www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel guest fee?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:16 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Anyone know the guest fee at holiday inn? I read $80 on an old ass post but no way that’s the same right?

Post subject: Re: Hotel guest fee?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:56 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ronmexico6969 wrote:
Anyone know the guest fee at holiday inn? I read $80 on an old ass post but no way that’s the same right?

The one downtown I assume. Last I heard it was around $100. They don't want that kind of business.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:06 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Zeos wrote:
Ronmexico6969 wrote:

The one downtown I assume. Last I heard it was around $100. They don't want that kind of business.

Damn I might have to cancel my reservation lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:10 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Zeos wrote:
Ronmexico6969 wrote:

No way around this I’m assuming? Like if I was with a friend have them open a side door or something

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:41 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

For general security reasons all hotels in CR keep a close watch on who enters. Easily defeated security measures would have been exploited by common criminals long ago. Don’t count on a side door.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:38 pm 

Ronmexico6969 wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Ronmexico6969 wrote:

Damn I might have to cancel my reservation lol

Cancel them and go to SL, Castillo or Taormina.

Or if you can't, do what I did years ago when I stayed at a non ho friendly hotel when the company I worked for (and my boss) covered the entire trip but didn't want to stay at a ho approved hotel.

I bought my fave a nice business suit, glasses and briefcase, she would show up in the lobby, in front of the manager and employees wearing that and her hair pulled back, nothing sexy, no makeup.

She would open up the briefcase with me sitting in the reception area, I had given her some miscellaneous documents, we would act like we're reviewing them, and I would sign some, then after awhile, after nobody paid attention to her anymore, we would go to my room and nobody questioned it... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:42 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ronmexico6969 wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Ronmexico6969 wrote:

No way around this I’m assuming? Like if I was with a friend have them open a side door or something

I'm not going to necessarily suggest doing this, but it might be an option, depending on your risk tolerance and whether the chica is willing to comply. Often times when you book a room by default, especially through an OTA, it goes to 1 room for 2 adults. If you are traveling alone, then obviously you didn't put in the identity of the other person. When you check in, you can mention your other guest will be arriving later on. Then you can present her as the other guest and check her in. Of course... the front desk will probably want to provide her a room key, which you will need to get back before she leaves. Also, any incidentals she might cause could get billed to you. While you run that risk inviting anyone back to your room, it's even more so when the other person is a registered guest. Risky, but a method.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:52 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

The one downtown I assume. Last I heard it was around $100. They don't want that kind of business.[/quote]

No way around this I’m assuming? Like if I was with a friend have them open a side door or something[/quote]

I'm not going to necessarily suggest doing this, but it might be an option, depending on your risk tolerance and whether the chica is willing to comply. Often times when you book a room by default, especially through an OTA, it goes to 1 room for 2 adults. If you are traveling alone, then obviously you didn't put in the identity of the other person. When you check in, you can mention your other guest will be arriving later on. Then you can present her as the other guest and check her in. Of course... the front desk will probably want to provide her a room key, which you will need to get back before she leaves. Also, any incidentals she might cause could get billed to you. While you run that risk inviting anyone back to your room, it's even more so when the other person is a registered guest. Risky, but a method.[/quote]

All good I just booked at the taomina or whatever it’s called and I’m going to call holiday inn today to cancel and make up a sob story so I can get my refund back lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:55 pm 

You might try Barcelo Hotel I took chicas in every night and no fees or hassles. Nice hotel Great breakfast Live music in the bar with dance floor Wed-Sat You could take non-pros back there