www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:12 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hey guys;

I stumbled upon this forum, and its been a great resource into my first potential dabble into the CR women scene.

I am 34 y/o, and currently on day 2 of 10 on a solo CR trip. I have rented a car, and am in La Fortuna doing some site seeing. I am planning to stop by the Cocal next friday or Saturday, to experience the scene there.

I am pretty nervous though, as I am a total noob. Never paid for sex before.

I was thinking of just getting to Jaco on like Friday or Saturday afternoon, and booking a hotel at the Cocal.

Head to the bar in the evening, and find myself a girl. Just wondering if anyone has some general advice.

From what I have read:

Agree on prices and services before you leave.
Don't take them back to your room, just rent an hourly room. -> Is this true?
Dont carry any valuables on you, just some cash. -> makes sense.

Heard some horror stories about getting robbed, or their boyfriends coming back and mugging you. Is this overblown, or is it genuinely pretty sketchy to go there to find a women of the night?

Any other tips for a total newb?

Is anyone gonna be around there at that time and wanna wingman me? :D I will buy drinks!

Thanks alot for the help!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:29 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If your plan is to just show up in Jaco and get a room at the Cocal, you might want to check their website for availability and get a reservation.

I've been to Jaco, but never stayed in Jaco, so I can't say anything about places to stay there.

Chicas in the Cocal are focused on coming home with the most money they can. They tend to ask for more and be moving on to the next punter. Generally, (based on my observations) in San Jose, it's a one or two events a week to pay the bills (they maybe trying every day, but fishing isn't catching if you get my drift).

In San Jose you swim with the nibbly fish, in Jaco you swim with the sharks. They aren't going to beat and rob you unless you do something really stupid - just like anywhere - but they will separate you from your money.

It's also the "rainy season" so there aren't as many gringos.

I don't think Jaco is known for motels (Costa Rican motels are short stay oriented).

Hotels have room safes. Lock up your valuables. Otherwise, don't leave someone you don't know unattended in your room (I've never had a problem, but smart is smart).

Negotiate up front - clearly and unambiguously. Settle after.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:43 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

just know these girls are typically very sharp and everything you say or do is a tell for them
they sense fresh meat just by the way you walk into the room
my advice prior to engaging any lady or even looking them in the eye is to act like you've been there before
don't freak out like a K*D in a candy store and locate an open seat at the bar, focus, head over and order a drink
hopefully there's a vet or someone knowledgeable and you can get bearings before attempting to engage
after your heart stops beating out of your chest take a look around and smile