www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Training Wheels..
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:19 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

When I first joined this site.. I loved it. Now (unfortunately) it has seemed to 'devolve' into basically a set of training wheels. There is still useful information here (especially in many older posts) But for me.. it has become like being in a relationship where I stopped fu**ing years ago. I am sad to see this happen.

Post subject: Re: Training Wheels..
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:21 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Well I've been introducing some people to it. Probably just needs some young blood.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:08 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I completely agree... New ideas.. different approaches.. Copying other people is a sure road to the same old thing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have to agree.  I'd like to see the mentality of the brethren from 15 plus years ago make a return.  Fortunately for me, I found this site back in 2009 and it was packed with so much detailed information that a shy guy like me had no problem booking a flight to CR and just following the tips and suggestions of the brethren.   I've been thankful ever since.  However in 2022 I only had two trips to Costa Rica; one was during the early part of the year when there were still pandemic restrictions.  The second trip was in November when the pandemic was basically over; yet I found little concrete information on the site.  Before I got there (the second trip), I had no idea if you could still find women in the Castillo.  No idea what time women started showing up at the Del Rey; the Taormina or the Sportsmen's.  Meanwhile there were rumors swirling around that women were asking for outrageous amounts; "200", "300"......  I literally had no idea what was true or not in that regard.  But at this point in m
y CR travels, I can be considered a veteran (not at the green beret level as some of the others here, but I've put my time in), so the lack of information going in didn't bother me.  I already have a solid CR foundation along with my own small network of associates in the area; so, I can get around regardless.   But the newbies coming to Costa Rica, they for sure won't have it as easy as I did when I was a newbie.  There was just much more accurate information 15 plus years ago and because of the present culture, there is no incentive for the newer ones (or even us older ones) to share what we do find out.  But I get it, things change.  As well the torch carriers from 15 plus years ago are either dead, MIA, retired, or so old that really all they can offer now is commentary.........then there are others that are just discouraged.   This site, much like the Del Rey, is still a fun place to be, but not like the glory days.  That said, I'm in a nostalgic mood today, so I'll attempt to share some things some of you may not have known or may find interesting.  Things I found out on my last two trips since November:

The Dunn Inn
Some of you may be interested in knowing the Dunn Inn is chica friendly again.  The only difference now is there is a fee.  $20 per chica, per visit.  However, if you book the room for 2 people, they'll let you bring a regular back and forth inside so long as she's registered.  $20 is fairly hefty, and if you average 2 a day you're looking at an extra $40 a day.  That's kind of a lot........BUT if you like being close to the action of the Taormina, without being too close, it's worth it.   And that proximity to the Taormina was actually kind of cool (to me).  One night I walked over there at 2am.That said, Dunn Inn has gone downhill a little.  There is basically an entirely new staff there.  The owner is the same.  Rigo is still there for car service to and from the airport.  As well one of the intimidating nighttime security guys is still there (he's not really that intimidating anymore, he's gotten older, but I still wouldn't want to be in a fight with him).  But besides that, everyone else is new (meaning they weren't there before they first dropped that non-chica friendly bomb about 6 or 7 years ago).  The staff now is mostly male.  I only spotted two female maids and everyone else appeared to be male.  In general, I can see it's becoming dated.  It's still a relatively clean place, but just a little shabby in comparison to before.  Also, a bunch of little stuff is off; like the telephone in the room wasn't working and the shower head was shooting out inconsistent streams of water (like not enough inconsistency to complain about it, but enough to notice it).....just little stuff like that.On the bright side, if you're into art, there are a lot more pieces hanging around the hotel......and they are rather neat pieces.  Mostly paintings; but also some sculptures.  They appear to all be for sale.Another plus is the breakfast is included and it's not bad.  I had pancakes and bacon each day and it "almost" tasted like back home.  All in all, if you were a fan of the Dunn Inn in the past, you may want to try it out again just to see if it's something that works for you now.  As for me, I loved it there at one point, but I think I've outgrown it now.I did have one interesting story regarding the Dunn Inn that I'll share:

One night I came back late.  It was about 1 or 2 in the morning.  As I'm coming into the Dunn, I see the guard I mentioned above.  He used to work there back in the day and would always wear this black leather jacket like Shaft and he really did look like a bad mother......"shut your mouth"........"I'm only talking about Shaft".  But yeah, that's how he looked back then.  Now he still looked like a bad ass, but not quite as tough anymore.  Anyway, he recognized me and I recognized him.  We shook hands and that was it.  I told him to have a good night.As I was walking to the back to hit the steps (for the newer wing), I could hear some commotion on the steps leading up to the hallway where my room is.  It was commotion of the finagling sort; like people were trying to come to some agreement.   When I make it to the steps, I see three people.  A guy is at the top of the steps.  He looks like a short German.  And just below him are two women.  The guy takes one woman by the hand and pulls her away.  He shuns the other woman.  The shunned woman seems confused, however, she follows the couple.  I hang back and let them get way ahead of me.  Once they are out of sight, I make my way up the steps.  By the time I hit the top step I hear a door close.  BAM!  Then when I hit the upper hallway, I see the one woman just standing there (the shunned one).  She had obviously just gotten the door slammed in her face.I deduce what happened: The German guy picked up a girl from the Taormina and she had a friend.  The guy only wanted the one girl, but the friend assumed he'd take her if she just followed them.  He was going to do it, however once he found out her price, he refused to take her and left her in the hallway.  I have no idea if that is what really happened, but that's the way I deduced it in my head (in that moment).The lady and I make eye contact as I'm walking towards my room.  She looks pitiful and helpless; like a wet puppy.  It tugs at my heart cords for a second; the fact that she got rejected (a door slammed in her face).....she didn't deserve that, I was thinking.  And she's not so bad actually.  She actually looks exactly like Emma Stone....and I mean exactly like Emma Stone.  Had it not been for the fact that I was in San Jose Costa Rica across the street from a whore pick up hotel, then I would have thought that it really was Emma Stone (that's how much they favor).  Anyway, she's in a red one-piece minidress that is semi sparkly.   As I'm about to walk past her, I just stop in my tracks.  I asked her what happened and she says, I don't know..........well she doesn't actually say that, but she says something in Spanish and her body language appears to suggest "I don't know".  But before I pass her, I give her another good look and I think to myself: she isn't so bad.  Since she's already here, maybe she'll be willing to suck my dick for just a few dollars and in some way this strange woman can be sort of an adventurous encounter or a nightcap to my nightcap (I already had a chica about an hour prior).  If not, what harm could there be in letting her sit in my room for an hour or so until her friend gets finished phucking (or rather getting phucked).  So, against my better judgement, I just ask if she wants to wait in my room for a little bit.  I'm not sure she understands me, but she is more than willing to come to my room.  So, I let her inside.  Big phucking mistake!First thing she does is ask for water.  And she asks for it as though she's dehydrated and that the water is going to save her life in that moment.  So I give her some water (poured it in a glass) and she gobbles it down as though it's life saving and she's in the Mojave Desert. The imagery of her doing that stuck out to me because she looked like a woman that was at her wits end.  Like she was an exaggerated hypochondriac from a Woody Allen movie.  I ask her what happened (typed it into the phone) and she acted like she needed more water before she could answer because she was dying of thirst. I give her the water (which is some of my precious bottled water) and then she seems to mellow a bit, but is still a little nervous acting.  She wrote some bullshit I couldn't really understand.  Something about not knowing the room.  It was just incoherent bullshit.  After that everything just starts going downhill.She keeps moving about the room nervously.  She went to the bathroom a couple times, which made me uncomfortable because she was out of my eye sight.  With each movement she just seemed more and more comfortable being in the room.  I had a pack of mentos on my table and she just cracks them open and takes a few without asking; the whole time babbling on in Spanish as though I should understand her.  I have no idea what she's saying, but if I was forced to guess it would seem to be something like....."you won't believe the day I had.  First I woke up late and missed my bus, then a bird shit on me.  My phycologist told me not to worry, but how can I not??...."  Of course she didn't say any of that, but it just felt like something in that vein was being said.  Eventually I asked her (typed it into the translator) if she was drunk or high and she said no.  But she keeps moving about nervously and babbling.  Then she grabs my bottled water and starts drinking straight from the bottle.  The only thing I'm thinking is "holy shit, I can't drink that now."  So now I'm getting at my wits end with her and I realize this was a bad idea and that there is no way I can let her stay in the room for an hour.  So I just tell her that it's time to leave.   Then in dramatic fashion she drops to her knees and says "please" (this she does say in English).  She's looking up at me with puppy dog eyes and she looks just as helpless as she did when I first saw her.  And it's humiliating and degrading, but somehow also erotic to me.  But she's crazy and it's not worth it, so I'm about to help her up and kick her out anyway.  But she reaches for my crotch as though she's going to suck me off right then.  That was hard (no pun intended) for me to turn down, but she's too crazy, so I don't bite.  I just help her up.  She keeps pleading and grabbing me and pleading and grabbing me.  Finally my defense is worn down and I type in what is her price and she said $150.  Defense went right back up.  There was no way I'd pay her $150 (not necessarily because it's super expensive or anything, it's just because she's a mess and that would be a serious overpayment), so I was about to kick her out, but figured I'd counter by saying, "the best I and do is $60"; given the circumstance I felt like $60 was being generous.  However, she tried to counter my counter with $80 and I gave her a firm "no". Then she agreed and she asked me to put the money on the table.  I opened my wallet to put the money on the table and she looks inside my wallet and when she saw I had more than $60 in there she reacted like, "come on"........and at that point I got a little angry and I said, "no" real firmly.  She complied and then let me put the money on the table.   After the money is on the table she says, "come on $80 please" and with that I got even more exasperated and I went to grab the money and end the session, but she said "no it's okay".  So I lean back on the bed and I pull my dick out.  She looks at it for a second.  It was like this was the first time she's seen a dick.  She really was looking like she wasn't sure what to do.  But eventually she leans forward and puts it in her mouth.  For all intent and purpose this was very cool visually.  It was cool because here is this dead ringer for Emma Stone with my dick in her mouth.  That part of it alone was just very cool.  But at the same time, or rather just a few seconds later, it was bad because the blow job performance itself is just terrible.  It was like she really didn't know how to suck a dick.  I'm sure she was a pro at dick sucking, but for whatever reason this night she was just too whacked out of her mind.  Then comes the real kicker, in the middle of her sucking she starts talking with my dick still in her mouth.  I couldn't understand anything she was saying, but she was making full sentences (run on sentences) with my C*ck in her mouth.  Finally she realizes she's not being understood because  of the dick, so she pulls her head off my dick just to say.  "$80 please?"  I was done at that point.  I just stand up and I put my dick away.She acts confused like she doesn't know what's going on.  I take the $60 and give it to her as I start to usher her out of the room; it's damn near a shove.  But she was still slow moving; like she didn't understand I had gotten to my wits end.   She asks if she could have one more candy.....and it was here that she realized I wasn't playing with her anymore.  I said, take the whole thing and just get out.  I put the mentos in her hand and just started shoving her towards the exit.  When this was happening, I could see that she finally got that I was no longer going to tolerate her shenanigan.  We're almost at the door when I stop shoving her.  She fixes herself and just looks at me.  I can just tell she's about to ask for $80 again and before she can get it out  I just wildly gestured for her to get the Phuck out.  And she went to the door like a wounded puppy.  As soon as she got outside of it, I slammed it closed right in her face and locked it.  Just like the German guy did.  So there I was feeling sorry for her, but I ended up doing the same thing as my fellow German monger.  When the door was closed, all I could do was laugh to myself.  If you know me, then you know me yelling and pushing a woman out of my room is like the polar opposite of who I am.  That alone was funny.    Anyway, rookie mistake on my part.

The Del Rey
This place is basically a shell of itself and it keeps opening and closing for business.  Last time I was in CR, I went to the Del Rey on Thursday and then the next day a chica I met there texts me to tell me that I can't meet her at the Rey because it got shut down.  Apparently the authorities kicked all the people out and even told the guests to leave and find new accommodations.  So the Del Rey management shuttered the place, but allowed any guests that really wanted to stay to continue to stay there, but they had to keep it on the down low.   That said, I think it reopened before my trip was ever over, but from what I hear that happens often.   Aside from that sort of drama, the Del Rey is still a viable resource.  At about any time during the day there's about 10 women.  At night you'll find about 20.   I'd still consider the Del Rey an option for picking up chicas.  It's a milder alternative to the Taormina, which can be overwhelming a certain times.  I went the Del Rey as early at 1pm once and there were women there.  

Current Asking Price
At the Del Rey it's basically $100.  Never got quoted more than that there (during these last two trips); even from the really good looking ones (and this is both during the day and at night).  At the Taormina it really varies.  During the day it's $100.  At night, I've been quoted $200 often, but honestly $100 is still the most common number.  That said, the hottest women at the Taormina all quote $200 and they don't budge.  I went to Sportsman's once and the average there was $100.

The Jungle Bar
The Taormina now has this new addition called the jungle bar.  That's been spoken about here, so that's no surprise.  But what did surprise me, was how it was set up.  It's kind of set up like the rainforest cafe (the franchise), but it's a bar and it's not as extravagant as the rainforest cafe; but you can see it's in that vein. It's called the jungle bar. And it's pretty cool actually. The vibe down there is more relaxed; music isn't as loud and you can have a real conversation there.  I think that may be the idea.  After you meet a girl, you can bring her there to close the deal in a more relaxed setting.  That said, down there I ran into a few girls that just seemed to have bad attitudes. It was like they projected that they were doing the guys a favor.  Granted, I met them in the jungle bar, so theoretically they could have been going there to take a break or get something to eat and I was interrupting that....so that could be why they were curt.   Nonetheless, I really do like the jungle bar.  When you are in the jungle bar there is an added pressure to buy a drink, either for yourself or for the chicas (the waitress will come over to you and ask if you want something - they may also ask the chica you're talking to, and that creates the awkward moment or do you want to buy a drink for her or not), but you don't have to.   I do not think it's open during the day.

Anyway, that's all I got that I think will be of interest.

I do have a question though.....At the Taormina, I met this half Canadian half Costa Rican woman named Daisy (at least that's what she went by).  She was sexy to me; real sensual.  Kind of reminded me of Topanga from Boy Meets World.  She quoted me $200 and I almost did it, but in the moment I figured I'd rather do a threesome with two $100 chicas before paying that same price for just one.  That said, the next day I regretted not taking her because she was still on my mind.  Maybe I'll catch her some other time in the future.  Nonetheless as I kept thinking about her, I was wondering why she seemed familiar, then I remembered there was a bartender that worked at the Del Rey which reminded me of Topanga also.  Anyone know if that's the same woman?  Not a big deal, just curious.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:28 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Every trip I have regret of a girl that I didn't take because I didn't want to pay that expensive price. However some expensive chicas have turned out to be duds. I figure I am down there so I try to take advantage of what I can't get in the US

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:31 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Just returned from my first 9 day trip to CR and loved it.

This board was very helpful and I went against the common "stick to San Jose" and decided to do Jaco for 4 days and then San Jose for 5. I have to say that Jaco (Cocal) beats San Jose (Sportsmen's, Del Rey, Taormina) hands down. Cocal was filled with 8's to 10's - at least 60 women there on Saturday night - only about 20 guys. The prices were a little more $150+ than San Jose $100+ but the talent was definitely worth the additional cost.

If you see a tall blonde at the Cocal, absolutely stunning, Russian woman - go for it! 50 for Tantric Massage + 100 more if you want sex - spent 3 hours with her. Her name is Olga, she speaks English, and she's amazing in the bedroom. YMMV.

I plan a return trip for 3-4 weeks in June/July and will be spending almost all of that time in Jaco.