www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:33 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

This will be my first time to CR. All I have booked is my room at SL for the first night. I'll be in town 8 days, need somewhere cool to watch the game Thursday night and Sunday afternoon. I've been going a little OCD trying to plan logistics. What would you guys say are the "must see" things this time of the year? CR Independence Day takes place the day I arrive. Is this worth seeing?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:28 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Much wrote:
This will be my first time to CR. All I have booked is my room at SL for the first night. I'll be in town 8 days, need somewhere cool to watch the game Thursday night and Sunday afternoon. I've been going a little OCD trying to plan logistics. What would you guys say are the "must see" things this time of the year? CR Independence Day takes place the day I arrive. Is this worth seeing?

SL is a great place to watch the games. Best I know of. So if you can extend your stay there I would do that. If you can't extend there the Amistad is a block away, great place to stay, and you could come back to SL to watch games or watch at Amistad possibly. Not sure if they can bring it in on their TV, but SL is close.

As for "must see" not sure what sorts of things you are interested in. But hook up with someone at SL and walk or cab over to Del Rey, and down to Taormina perhaps, and try a session at Monicas. Lots of info on all of these is you search those terms on this forum. And for a tour do the Poas volcano/park and the waterfall/butterfly place, usually tour does both plus stop at a coffee farm to buy whatever you want there. A nice day tour.

For overnight tours there are lots of options...check at the desk at the SL they have brochures for lots of different tours.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:07 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Zeos wrote:
Much wrote:

SL is a great place to watch the games. Best I know of. So if you can extend your stay there I would do that. If you can't extend there the Amistad is a block away, great place to stay, and you could come back to SL to watch games or watch at Amistad possibly. Not sure if they can bring it in on their TV, but SL is close.

As for "must see" not sure what sorts of things you are interested in. But hook up with someone at SL and walk or cab over to Del Rey, and down to Taormina perhaps, and try a session at Monicas. Lots of info on all of these is you search those terms on this forum. And for a tour do the Poas volcano/park and the waterfall/butterfly place, usually tour does both plus stop at a coffee farm to buy whatever you want there. A nice day tour.

For overnight tours there are lots of options...check at the desk at the SL they have brochures for lots of different tours.

Thank you this was helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:17 pm 

From a non-sex perspective white water rafting trips can be a great way to spend the day during rainy season. The rivers are faster and since you're already getting wet, a little rain is no problem. These are usually all day trips though you can do an overnight.

From San Jose, trips on the reventazon and pacuare river areas have been my favorite. These trips can be a bit challenging especially when the rivers are really running due to rain. Also interesting scenery on the drive and also on the river.

If you are based in Jaco they have a pretty good trip on the sevegre (tamer) and the naranjo (a bit more challenging).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:15 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The Amistad is closed and has been closed for awhile, Darren had mentioned when I was visiting in August he was hoping to be back open later this fall.

I would recommended walking down to Castillo, the staff is great and Alfonso or Darren I'm sure would be happy to show you what they have available room wise.

enjoy your 1st trip and don't overthink things

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:22 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

TF74 wrote:
The Amistad is closed and has been closed for awhile, Darren had mentioned when I was visiting in August he was hoping to be back open later this fall.

I would recommended walking down to Castillo, the staff is great and Alfonso or Darren I'm sure would be happy to show you what they have available room wise.

TY! You hit it on the head. I overthink things. I work in the legal field so I'm a sucker for rigid structure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:32 pm 

What happened? Matt?

TF74 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:56 am 

Zunbake3 wrote:
What happened? Matt?

TF74 wrote:

I believe they are doing some renovations.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:01 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:32 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I believe Amistad is scheduled to open on September 21.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:43 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

SL is a good place to watch the games as mentioned, but also Chubbs by DelREy is another good place and you won't have ladies bothering you if you want to avoid that. The food is really good too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:42 pm 

Tuanis wrote:
Why this last post is in KOREAN is beyond me. I have no idea what the op was thinking

Something about sucky fucky.