www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie intro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:47 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi all

Just want to say hi. And I have a couple of newb questions to help me with my planning. By way of background, I was planning to visit Medellin in May but my plans had to change. I usually visit Thailand and Germany/Netherlands for my mongering adventures, but I now live in Canada (previously Europe) so I finally have reasonably-priced access to central and south america!

Costa Rica ticks all of the boxes for me, in terms of nature/excursions and evening activities. I'm super excited to visit. Sadly my Spanish is pretty non-existent but I'm doing an hour per day and hopefully when I come to visit in 6-weeks time I'll be able to have at least a basic conversation. Hopefully that won't be too much of a hinderance.

I'll only be visiting for 7 days. I've already booked Sportsmens for the first 4 nights. I'm hoping after that time, I'll have enough bearings to find a nice airbnb to stay in. Or alternatively perhaps visit Jaco for a few days. I'm a newbie to CR but not to mongering, but if that sounds like a bad idea to the experienced members here, please let me know!

A slightly off-topic question...I'm a huge salsa/bachata fan, and I would love to take some private classes when I am in town. There is nothing immediately obvious coming up on a google search. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for a private tutor for, say 8-10 hours over the course of 4 days? I had set this up in Medellin when I was planning to visit there and I'm still keen to do this.

Thanks, and I look forward to RTFF extensively and hopefully meeting one or two fellow board members in person in May.

Post subject: Re: Newbie intro
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:49 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Welcome

Sportsmens in SJO and then on to Jaco combo would be a good option for your first time to get a sense of the scenes. Be sure to hit Jaco Thursday- Saturday for best availability.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:00 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Jfoot wrote:
Welcome

Sportsmens in SJO and then on to Jaco combo would be a good option for your first time to get a sense of the scenes. Be sure to hit Jaco Thursday- Saturday for best availability.

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm planning! Staying at Sportsmens Sunday-Thursday and then Thursday evening to Saturday evening in Jaco. Fly home on Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:31 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Cool, book some stuff to do during the day while in Jaco, it’s more of a night scene at the Cocal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:07 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

flagrunner wrote:
Jfoot wrote:
Welcome

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm planning! Staying at Sportsmens Sunday-Thursday and then Thursday evening to Saturday evening in Jaco. Fly home on Sunday.

What day's are you going?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:46 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Milhouse7 wrote:
flagrunner wrote:
Jfoot wrote:
Welcome

What day's are you going?

I arrive May 15