www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:16 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Osgood wrote:
Anyone have any experience taking the bus from airport to Parada Alajuela station?...go to bus stop and take alajuela bus, sign on front of bus, its only a two mile journey,cab would be a couple of dollars..the bus from downtown san jose,lets off passengers at airport bus stop,and then goes on to alajuela

You can get bus going into San Jose from the same place, why go into Alajuela? I've taken buses there many times. Once I got on one that did the back route into San Jose, through Heredia, but Alajuela is the opposite direction.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:35 pm 

Last edited by Boynton on Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:39 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Zeos wrote:
Osgood wrote:
Anyone have any experience taking the bus from airport to Parada Alajuela station?...go to bus stop and take alajuela bus, sign on front of bus, its only a two mile journey,cab would be a couple of dollars..the bus from downtown san jose,lets off passengers at airport bus stop,and then goes on to alajuela

You can get bus going into San Jose from the same place, why go into Alajuela? I've taken buses there many times. Once I got on one that did the back route into San Jose, through Heredia, but Alajuela is the opposite direction.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parad ... 5147?hl=en

The station I am trying to reach is downtown but listed as "Parada Alajuela" on google maps. Tuasa terminal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:49 pm 

Kbdb2488 wrote:
Zeos wrote:
Osgood wrote:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parad ... 5147?hl=en

The station I am trying to reach is downtown but listed as "Parada Alajuela" on google maps. Tuasa terminal

Your link is the company Tuasa's San Jose route to Alajuela departing from the Coca Cola bus station. It is called that because a Coke bottling plant used to be nearby years ago but it no longer exists, that's the way directions work here. My advice to you is to make a plan and stick to it. You are going all over the place with your questions. You will not, can not, learn the place from google or even by reading the board.

First time visitor, book your room at SL, bring cash, take a cab from the airport. Stop asking pre-trip questions, Phuck yourself silly when you get here, learn a little, book your return trip before you leave, Repeat 4 or 5 times.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:20 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Don’t over think the ride from the airport to the gulch and try to save $15-$20 by taking a bus where your luggage will be separated from you upon load out

Just take an orange taxi or make arrangements with the Sportsmen for a driver if you book there

Uber will pick up at the bus stop outside the terminal but you have to be swift as they are still nervous even picking up there

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:39 pm 

Ahh...now I get it. The Tuasa company downtown station. Yep, that is the station you get off at if you come in from the airport. Been there many times. I've never had luggage to put underneath, always carry it to my seat, and never had a problem that way.

I do that if I'm in no hurry, for example if I arrive in early afternoon, which happens frequently with my direct flights out of Toronto. I then take a cab from the Tuasa station to wherever I am staying. Or I walk rolling my suitcase behind me. Total cost under 10 dollars equivalent that way (including cab). But you want to have colones for the bus fare and for the taxi from the Tuasa station to your hotel.

But, for first time visit, just take a cab from the airport. That was good advice.