www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

My first night in San Jose I was overwhelmed by the number of beautiful girls at the bar. I posted on CRT that I hadn’t realized how intimidating it would be for an introvert like me. The following is a list of tips that user Boynton provided me that have worked great for me! I initially ignored tip#4 and narrowly avoided big losses (story in separate post on San Jose scam)

Boynton’s Tips for Shy Newbies

1. Introduce yourself to some of the guys at the bar. I bet you will find some wingmen. Listen, but continue to use your own judgement.

2. Go to Monicas Pension each morning, introduce yourself to the gringo manager. Ask him for a a recommendation. Sit and watch the scene for a half hour before picking a girl.

3. Take one girl a night from Castillo, SL, or Taormina. Start where you are staying. Don't pay more than $100 for a session. Avoid all-nighters, repeats, and chica tour guides.

4. At this point, take Ubers everywhere, all the time. Don't focus on saving money but stay within your budget. In time you learn that paying more doesn't guarantee getting more, but don't get distracted or miss out on an experience over $20.

5. Control your alcohol intake. Being drunk in an adult playground, even after 30 years, is like eating an entire pizza with double anchovies before a roller coaster.

6. If you are going to Jaco, avoid the mp's and stick to the Cocal. You will pay more than $100, but keep it under $150. The reason to limit what you pay is that these chicas talk. If you over pay one "irresistible" chica, all the rest will know it 15 minutes after your session ends

Last edited by tosserred on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:36 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

With the restricted hours and DR closed, number 5 really hit home for me.
I usually would be at the DR at least until midnight and as late as 2 am drinking and perusing the chicas and then back at it at 7 am for the early shift chicas there. With the changes now, I was in bed by 10 pm and feeling rested and ready every morning to find the next pleasure.
By the end of the trip, I didn’t look like death warmed over as in the past and was functional on the plane ride home :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:32 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Quote:
4. At this point, take Ubers everywhere, all the time. Don't focus on saving money but stay within your budget. In time you learn that paying more doesn't guarantee getting more, but don't get distracted or miss out on an experience over $20.

Certainly u can't be serious about this. Get out & see some of the city. Barrio Amon/Otoya is a beautiful, historic neighborhood, stroll along ave. 9, walk behind the hospital near La Amistad, go to Calle 33, have a drink/dinner. Walk down the walking street, Ave. Central, pop into the shops, restaurants, etc. This way you will really feel the city, that you are in Central America. In a car you look at it, walking it, you feel it. Note; this is best done in daylight hours, after dark, use the uber.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:33 am 

SinCity wrote:
Quote:

Certainly u can't be serious about this. Get out & see some of the city. Barrio Amon/Otoya is a beautiful, historic neighborhood, stroll along ave. 9, walk behind the hospital near La Amistad, go to Calle 33, have a drink/dinner. Walk down the walking street, Ave. Central, pop into the shops, restaurants, etc. This way you will really feel the city, that you are in Central America. In a car you look at it, walking it, you feel it. Note; this is best done in daylight hours, after dark, use the uber.

To give a bit of context, these points were my advice specifically to a newly divorced, first time in CR, solo traveler whose mongering experience was confined to AMPs in the states. He had just arrived to the Castillo and was having difficulty adjusting to a radical different reality.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=53140&p=599015#p599015

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Is Monica's pension a brothel, do you take the girl back to the hotel or is everything done at the hotel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:06 pm 

pb77 wrote:
Is Monica's pension a brothel, do you take the girl back to the hotel or is everything done at the hotel

Brothel. Everything is done on site and basic services (covered oral and vaginal sex) are at a fixed price. You can negotiate 'extras' (dfk, daty, bbbj, cim) with the individual girls.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:39 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Why would any adult male need tips from Boyton?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:50 am 

Jay2ee wrote:
Why would any adult male need tips from Boyton?

Because they have questions

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:57 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

This is very helpful and appreciated

As far as why listen to Boynton, I have found his posts thoughtful and informative. I have and always will believe that good manners, respecting your fellow human and finding good friends through life are very important.

This is my third trip down and never even went to any of the Pensions in the past, but will do so on this trip. The only thing I regret is that I wish it was with Pops as a wingman.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:49 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Nocoguy10 I agree with you,and Yes I am fortunate to have had Pops show me around several times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 pm 

tosserred wrote:
Boynton’s Tips for Shy Newbies

1. Introduce yourself to some of the guys at the bar. I bet you will find some wingmen. Listen, but continue to use your own judgement.

#1 might be difficult if they are shy.