www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:45 am 
Site Admin

ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS Guide for Newbie’s & additional FAQ’s. Read before Posting!

As we have grown, the board has become well, massive and intimidating to all of the new gentlemen in our online community which is now world wide and known as CRT! I thought I’d put together this thread for newbie’s many questions that come up as well as give them a basic guide to posting. This will I am sure alleviate many of the repetitive and sometimes irritating posts to long standing veterans without making new posters afraid to jump into the fray and ask questions.

First off our basic sight FAQ’s can be reached here! https://costaricaticas.com/faq.php

Now with that said here are the answers to many questions I receive and are posted over and over, but let us first start with the basics.

Do’s & Don’ts

Do Read the board and get a basic grasp of what is going on before you begin posting. Yes the information is overwhelming but just about every basic question is answered in the threads.

Examples of answers that can be found by reading:

Prices for the ladies at the various MP’s and at the Del Rey, Blue Marlin, Strip clubs, etc. MP pricing is set and DR/BM pricing will vary based on length of time and amount of negotiation. Free lancers will vary their price like haggling melons in the market place, & what one person pays will not be another person’s price. With that said the question of how much will I pay is never easy as it will vary.

Where do I find this girl or that girl? Ladies change down there like most of us change socks. Rarely are the same girls there day in and day out except for a handful. The odds of finding someone in one of the photos is well, pot luck at best. If you find someone that you like in a photo keep her in mind, but finding her won’t be easy.

Are the hottie bartenders available? Do you have game, and is it worth it are the two answers that come to mind. You must have a lot of patience, speak more than passable Spanish and have some game. The majority of them work terrible hours, and see enough of us gringos, drinking & ogling the ladies in their place of work. Do you really think they want to hook up with us? With that said it can be done, but you better be prepared to put in long hours of work, have some time & patience and with all that’s available is it really worth it?

What hotel should I stay at? Loaded question as all of the hotels have their pros & cons. It really depends on what you are going there for, how much action, noise and activity you can stand and how close or far you want to be to the action. All of these questions are available with some light reading.

Should I hook up lady and have her waiting for me? Since we have absolutely nothing to do with that, so is totally up to you. I will say getting a lady sight unseen, is not something I would recommend. The multitude of available talent makes it seem pointless to have an unknown waiting for you upon arrival.

DO ASK questions, but be specific everyone is a gentlemen and will help you here.. DONT Put the question in multible sections. One post is sufficient and it will be replied to!

I think that covers the basic postings that we see often and if anyone wants to add something without offending any of our newbie’s feel welcome. Remember this is your board & we encourage you to post & join in and never feel intimidated. We do not flame in any way shape or form. Just act as gentlemen and the other 2200 plus gentlemen will treat you accordingly.

Some other basic questions answered that I personally receive many PM’s about.

How am I billed on my credit card if I join as a VIP? Pay Pal will bill you CRT Inc. & our direct payment service bills you a generic name which is given to you PRIOR to check out when making payment.

How quickly will I be activated if I join? Normally within a couple of hours and never more than 24!

When will I get my VIP card or will a VIP Card be mailed to my home! YOU MUST request a VIP card and confirm a mailing address. Nothing is ever mailed to your home without your permission or request. It will arrive 2-5 business days after signup and payment is remitted.

Can I have my VIP Card mailed to another address and how will it be delivered? You can have it mailed anywhere you would like simply confirm the mailing address in by responding to your welcome email as a VIP and it will be mailed in a plain white envelope with no marking other than your delivery address and our return address which is generic.

Can I pay or pick up my VIP Card in Costa Rica. Although we would prefer you do everything through our online systems, you can pay for and pick up a NEW VIP MEMBERSHIP & VIP card at The Sportsmen’s lodge or the Hotel Dunn Inn. (NOTE IF YOU PAY ONLINE The Online pick up location in San Jose is Hotel Dunn Inn) Sportsmen's Lodge pick up is for in person Payments only!

NOTE:
Previously paid memberships that want a VIP Card pick up in Costa Rica: You must notify us prior to going that you want a card prepared and left for you at Hotel Dunn Inn only. Please do not show up there and say I am a VIP member I want my card, it will not be provided in that manner.

I hope this gives a bit more information to our members especially our newbie’s, thanks for all your support and we look forward to your contributions on our discussion board.

Last edited by Admin 1 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:03 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Great post Admin 1, thanks. Hopefully newbies will read it and then frame some good questions that we can assist them with some good information.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:09 am 
GR

Last edited by Florida on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:59 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Very well done Admin1 , suggestion depending on how much work it is for you , but make this a " sticky " in each forum , or create a separate board forum for all questions , the more visable this thread is , i'm sure the more it will be used. Keep up the good work , it's truly appreciated. :wink:

Bing 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:35 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I've been spidering the site but I haven't been able to find the vip section with pics and movies. Am I doing something wrong or is the vip section slow and boring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:38 pm 

www.costaricaticas.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:46 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Admin 1,

An excellent idea for this section, and very well written. My compliments to you and Admins 2&3.

Take Care,

Denver

Post subject: Well Done
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:01 pm 

y

Last edited by DManWalking on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: vip card
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:52 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

just wondering if you could make me my vip card and hold it at sportsman lodge for me. thanks

Post subject: Money Exchange
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I've read the FAQ section and the newbies section. Even did a search, but still can't find the answer to this newbie question. Where is the best place to exchange dollars to colones? Is it even necessary? Ready for the hatchet attacks about "learn to do a search you lazy bast....
Thanks.
-Pat

Post subject: Money Exchange
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I've read the FAQ section and the newbies section. Even did a search, but still can't find the answer to this newbie question. Where is the best place to exchange dollars to colones? Is it even necessary? Ready for the hatchet attacks about "learn to do a search you lazy bast....
Thanks.
-Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:54 am 

TT,
I answered your questions in this thread:
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15318

Post subject: vip lounge
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 pm 

How long does it take for my vip membership to process, so that I can go to the VIP lounge?

Post subject: Re: vip lounge
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 pm 

Patron wrote:
How long does it take for my vip membership to process, so that I can go to the VIP lounge?

The Costa Rican flag avatar under your screen name indicates that you are a VIP member. You should be able to access all areas if you log in.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:42 pm 

Hey guys, I want to get into the vip lounge forum, but when I highlight it, it won't let me in. What do I need to do. I'm leaving this friday for CR, and I want to see the current postings in that forum. I haven't been a member for long, but I've had great success with many responses from the membership. You guys are the greatest!