www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:59 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Hi guys, I am a newbie also who is planning a trip to the promised land that we discuss on the site here, and have a few questions to those who have visited San Jose this month and last:

I have read in a few spots that some hotels were raising their guest fees, and just wanted to be sure that the HDR Presidente and Morazon aren't among those????

Second, is there a limit as to how many ladies you can take up to your room wth you at particular hotels???? To make choosing the right one easier.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:22 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Quote:
Second, is there a limit as to how many ladies you can take up to your room wth you at particular hotels???? To make choosing the right one easier.

As far as I know there es no limit. When it's allowed to bring in girls it doesn't matter how many.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 pm 
Yayy I joined this great site :0-)
:P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:37 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Hello,

I use to go to DR in the past but in Feb will be adventuring to CR. I have 2 quick questions though:

1) In 2007 the taxi from the airport to gringo gulch was about 10,000 col. Is that price about the same?

2) If I read right HLH seems to be the only hotel with fixed prices for the Tica's. Is that still correct? I'm lazy and what I enjoyed about Blackbeards in the DR is that I didn't have to think since there was no negotiating.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:18 pm 

Malepig wrote:
Hello,

I use to go to DR in the past but in Feb will be adventuring to CR. I have 2 quick questions though:

1) In 2007 the taxi from the airport to gringo gulch was about 10,000 col. Is that price about the same?

2) If I read right HLH seems to be the only hotel with fixed prices for the Tica's. Is that still correct? I'm lazy and what I enjoyed about Blackbeards in the DR is that I didn't have to think since there was no negotiating.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Airport taxis now use the meter and it's somewhere around $30 (15K colones)

HLH is an MP that later became a hotel. That's why the price is fixed. The other hotels are hotels, not MPs so the chicas are independent. :wink:

Reviews with Name, Where we can find her, Description (Height, weight, measurements (best guesses will do just fine)), and a rundown on services provided (and yes, YMMV is understood) would be GREATLY appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:52 am 

use interbus it is 15$ u must book it 72 hours in advance tho... great service!

( it was 10, then 12, now just went up to 15)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:06 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

yo ydogi check ur inbox i sent u a message

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:12 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I used interbus to and from La Amistad--it was great. They were there to me when I arrived at like 6-7am. And they picked me at my hotel at 4:30am for my 7am flight.

Yes--there is a 72 hour advance requirement when booking.

Presendent doesn't allow this business, HDR has girl fees, and I am not sure about Morazon--you can do a search and you will find many posts that talk about this.

I would recommend La Amistad--do a search for this hotel and you will find much information.

USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:02 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

New to the CR scene, but not to mongering (many, many trips to Asia). Thanks for setting this site up, lots of useful information, should make my first trip pretty painless.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:26 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thank you. I just joined today!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:55 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just got into San Jose and I am staying at Hotel Presidente and it looks like I can't bring guests to my room. Is this true or is this just what the front desk says and they look the other way?
If this is true what are my options besides pensions in the morning? I was hoping to go to DR or SL some night but if all I can do is look and no play that really sucks.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:42 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Someone didn't do their homework.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:49 am 

mawkishdave wrote:
I just got into San Jose and I am staying at Hotel Presidente and it looks like I can't bring guests to my room. Is this true or is this just what the front desk says and they look the other way?
If this is true what are my options besides pensions in the morning? I was hoping to go to DR or SL some night but if all I can do is look and no play that really sucks.
Thanks

Hopefully you didn't prepay at the Presidente. Leave and get a room at the SL, Castillo or Taormina. They haven't allowed unregistered guests at the Presidente for ten years or so. Also the DR has been shut down for over a year.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:29 am 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
mawkishdave wrote:
Thanks

Hopefully you didn't prepay at the Presidente. Leave and get a room at the SL, Castillo or Taormina. They haven't allowed unregistered guests at the Presidente for ten years or so. Also the DR has been shut down for over a year.

Good luck.

Loved the Presidente back in the day when it was chica friendly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:34 am 

'mawkish'?
Sentimental-dave
Maudlin-dave
Banal-dave
Lachrymose-dave
Overemotional-dave

FirstPost-dave
5-YearsSinceLastPostInThread-dave
Bullshitter-dave :?

Enjoy your trip, mawkish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next