www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:17 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

JDX wrote:
Newbie here with an upcoming trip to Jaco, in July for my first trip to CR

For reference, I've been to Southeast Asia several times and spent about 10-12 weeks total in Thailand over the course of 5 trips. Pattaya is my favorite place in the whole world :P ...or used to be anyway. I truly hope it can return to form one day.

The contrast between my first and second (and subsequent trips) was stark, after getting the experience from that first trip. Outside of my first trip, the longest I would ever stay with the same girl would be two nights. Butterfly they call it. Is there a similar term for the chicas?

I've used the term many times to make sure it was clear to the girl I was with that I would be seeing others. I don't put up with drama.

I'm hoping the skills I've learned mongering in the far east will translate to CR as well, at least in terms of managing the girls. I'm sure you guys will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

So, I'll be staying for 10 nights at The Palms Condos on north end of the beach, next to Croc's. I've already confirmed with my host that it is ok to bring guests to my place as long as they have and show their ID. I'll probably tip the security guys, whether it's necessary or not, as I've learned from previous travels that the gesture can go a long way.

I've read enough of the forum to get a general idea of things, although with the current situation it seems to be a bit more of a challenge these days. My flight doesn't get into SJO until around 7:30pm so not sure what my options will be for that first night by the time I get settled. Any thoughts?

One thing I've already noticed that I'll probably need to change is start partying earlier considering the early closings. My routine out east was to go out around 8 or 9:00 and party all night and sleep half the day. I don't see that being an option here, at this time.

I don't have any plans, really other than eating, drinking, and picking up ticas. I'll hang around the pool and beach during the days. I also get full use of Croc's pool and amenities, which looks quite nice.

I'll also probably do a tour or two, ATV and maybe the bioluminescent kayak tour.

I'm really looking forward to the trip and comparing the scene there with my previous travels. I'll certainly do a trip report on my return, if anyone is interested. I've done many detailed TR's on a Thai forum that were well read. I may even consider doing a live TR if I feel like it at the time, since I take detailed notes throughout my journey.

Any additional info or ideas you guys are willing to share would also be appreciated, and I'm glad to have found this forum. Very good and useful info here!

-JDX

Hey JDX, any update on your trip?