www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Incall Skokka question
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:14 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm in Escazu with friends and an looking to sneak out and play for a few hours without being gone too long. What is the best strategy?

I could Uber to downtown, I could find someone with an apartment who is on Skokka or a I could try to find an established place that is closer, if they exist.

Is it safe to find someone on Skokka who has an apt nearby? Appreciate any advice.

If Skokka is ok, how do I filter out the good from the bad?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:30 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

gnosis452 wrote:
I'm in Escazu with friends and an looking to sneak out and play for a few hours without being gone too long. What is the best strategy?

I could Uber to downtown, I could find someone with an apartment who is on Skokka or a I could try to find an established place that is closer, if they exist.

Is it safe to find someone on Skokka who has an apt nearby? Appreciate any advice.

It would be best not to go to her apartment cause you never know who is there to rob you. Get a room somewhere and tell her to meet you there

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:55 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Take the advice you get here with a grain of salt.

For example, some may scream in terror when they see the word "skokka".

However, the same person might also say, it's just fine when they see the word "Oasis" or "golden vip" because they know those are actually well established venues, located just off Paseo Colon.

https://cr.**SPAM LINK******/*******/san-jose/ ... 370760287/

https://cr.**SPAM LINK******/*******/san-jose/ ... 370760777/

In other words, the some older members think it's just fine and safe if they see the location marked on a "monger map".

However, the same person hasn't yet adapted to using "apps" and texting on whatsapp.

They haven't figured out they need to replace their US cell phone plan with Google Fi and just stay connected to reliable Internet forever, everywhere in the world. Use the apps!

On a more practical note, there are a few venues that are open. Those that are alive are posting on skokka.

Those 2 places, Oasis and Golden VIP on Paseo Colon are also ideal for coming from Escazu because are located on the west side of San Jose, not quite in downtown and on the way to Escazu.

But, I think they close at 6 pm.

Get in touch, verify the hours and location and then Uber it up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:39 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
I like Jimena's gash! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:48 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Ulysses wrote:
Take the advice you get here with a grain of salt.

For example, some may scream in terror when they see the word "skokka".

However, the same person might also say, it's just fine when they see the word "Oasis" or "golden vip" because they know those are actually well established venues, located just off Paseo Colon.

https://cr.**SPAM LINK******/*******/san-jose/ ... 370760287/

https://cr.**SPAM LINK******/*******/san-jose/ ... 370760777/

In other words, the some older members think it's just fine and safe if they see the location marked on a "monger map".

However, the same person hasn't yet adapted to using "apps" and texting on whatsapp.

They haven't figured out they need to replace their US cell phone plan with Google Fi and just stay connected to reliable Internet forever, everywhere in the world. Use the apps!

On a more practical note, there are a few venues that are open. Those that are alive are posting on skokka.

Those 2 places, Oasis and Golden VIP on Paseo Colon are also ideal for coming from Escazu because are located on the west side of San Jose, not quite in downtown and on the way to Escazu.

But, I think they close at 6 pm.

Get in touch, verify the hours and location and then Uber it up.

two compatible advices to use Google fi and to use Uber.
I remember one time waiting for an Uber using my cell phone plan and spending too much money and then finally getting a taxi. I need to look into google fi for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:27 am 

When you make regular (not Whatsapp) calls with Google Fi while overseas, try to have a decent wifi connection. That way the call is free. Otherwise at least 5 cents a minute. Texts are free anywhere. Data charges are $10 per gigabyte anywhere in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 pm 

Hank wrote:
gnosis452 wrote:

It would be best not to go to her apartment cause you never know who is there to rob you. Get a room somewhere and tell her to meet you there

Also downtown there's a place called "Oficina", a short term no tell motel, I think 10k crc for an hour, very nice big clean rooms with nice big showers like Monica's.

I would say go to Oasis or Monica's to avoid any problems, but that is a safe place as well if you meet a girl on your own, Ave 9 and Calle 1.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:41 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
When you make regular (not Whatsapp) calls with Google Fi while overseas, try to have a decent wifi connection. That way the call is free. Otherwise at least 5 cents a minute. Texts are free anywhere. Data charges are $10 per gigabyte anywhere in the world.

Just to clarify that is $10 per 1,000 Megabytes (1 gigabyte). For most people, you are unlikely to use more than 1,000 Megabytes per month.

You could use more if you were streaming video or music. But, you can always use WiFi for streaming.

The other US carriers in Costa Rica will limit data to 2G and send you a bill for several hundred dollars.

You can do Claro or Kolbi. But, swaping chips is complicated and you can't get calls on your US number.

I prefer tech that is cheap, easy and gets me pu*sy that is equally cheap and easy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:19 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ulysses wrote:
Harddrive43228 wrote:

Just to clarify that is $10 per 1,000 Megabytes (1 gigabyte). For most people, you are unlikely to use more than 1,000 Megabytes per month.

You could use more if you were streaming video or music. But, you can always use WiFi for streaming.

The other US carriers in Costa Rica will limit data to 2G and send you a bill for several hundred dollars.

You can do Claro or Kolbi. But, swaping chips is complicated and you can't get calls on your US number.

I prefer tech that is cheap, easy and gets me pu*sy that is equally cheap and easy.

Tmobile includes international 2G with their "Magenta" plan, and 3G with their "Magenta Plus". There are no extra fees for data and text. Calls are .25/min, but if you're on wifi, your T Mobile calls will route over wifi and not be billed. You can buy additional Daily, Two Week, Or Monthly 4G LTE passes that are very reasonable. The 10 day pass is $35 and includes 5GB of data, so $7/GB, and I can hotspot if I need to. Mexico and Canada I get unlimited 4GLTE/5G. I also get free in flight wifi and texting when I fly Alaska, which is my airline of choice. Free Netflix as well.

Verizon and AT&T on the other hand.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:17 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Saltyron
How much is your monthly statement for all of that on TM.?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:44 pm 

Wingnut wrote:
Saltyron
Thanks

It's about $135/month, but that's for two phones.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:41 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

saltyron wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Saltyron
Thanks

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:19 am 

FartBlossom wrote:
saltyron wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Saltyron
Thanks

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meh, w/e.

I guess I could pay a lot less for their basic service and scramble around from free wifi spot to free wifi spot. Or I could use something like Mint or Cricket or Tracphone and pay as I go, but I find value to what I pay. The free wifi and text on Alaska alone is a $35.00 per flight value, I've used it as a hotspot on the plane as well, Netflix is a $17.99 value, and the international coverage has been gold over the years. I live near the Canadian border, and get free Unlimited 4G access when I'm there. I also get 20G of 4G hotspot data per month, and I'm never limited in the my access speeds. In two years when I turn 55 the price will drop to $90/month for two phones for the same features.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:32 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Watch a lot of Netflix do ya? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: For another $4.99, they will throw in Crackle and the Kardashian Network. Just think of all that value. You da man!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:51 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

saltyron wrote:
Tmobile includes international 2G with their "Magenta" plan, and 3G with their "Magenta Plus". There are no extra fees for data and text. Calls are .25/min, but if you're on wifi, your T Mobile calls will route over wifi and not be billed. You can buy additional Daily, Two Week, Or Monthly 4G LTE passes that are very reasonable. The 10 day pass is $35 and includes 5GB of data, so $7/GB, and I can hotspot if I need to. Mexico and Canada I get unlimited 4GLTE/5G. I also get free in flight wifi and texting when I fly Alaska, which is my airline of choice. Free Netflix as well.

Verizon and AT&T on the other hand.....

2G is useless. It was replaced in 2001 and performance is quite slow.

The T-Mobile Magenta plus plan costs $70/month, and you only get 3G. You still have to pay extra for to get the modern 4G LTE in Costa Rica.

Google Fi costs $30/month and it just works great everywhere in the world, including the US and Costa Rica with 4G LTE. You can always hotspot Google Fi at no extra cost.

At $30/month with Internet worldwide, I can pay for the extra $10/1 GB when I need it (Never).

T-Mobile is just bundling a bunch of crap you don't need, and charging extra for International travel.

For two lines, you can replace that $135/month bill with a $35/month bill. And, you won't have to pay extra for blazing fast Internet access in Costa Rica.

https://fi.google.com/about/plans/

Unless you are using ALOT of data, that would be much cheaper.

Flexible for 2
Pay for exactly what you use
$18each + $10/GB for data
That's $35/mo for 2 people + data used

What could you do in Costa Rica with an extra $1200/year?