www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:25 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

In town now with three buddies and the average negotiated price has been $150 for an hour. We thought after reading the boards the price would be $100 for two hours. We are in our late twenties, in shape, and two of us speak Spanish fluently. Is this normal prices for the area for a 10? Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide information.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:37 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Cien for 2 hours for a 10 in Jaco? Maybe 10 years ago. But who knows...maybe your age and language skills can get you what you are looking for. Best of luck and have fun! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

It's the green season ( off season / rainy season) in Jaco and the mercenary sharks "10s" are demanding $150 from young guys that speak Spanish?

And they are probably clock watching dead fish.

No thanks. You K*ds can have them.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:33 am 

dongsnow wrote:
In town now with three buddies and the average negotiated price has been $150 for an hour. We thought after reading the boards the price would be $100 for two hours. We are in our late twenties, in shape, and two of us speak Spanish fluently. Is this normal prices for the area for a 10? Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide information.

Despite what you might think, being in shape, young and speaking Spanish is largely irrelevant in Jaco. These are working girls, there to make money, not to fall in love / lust.

Most of them won't care you are young, only how much money you have. In fact, being young might work against you, as they know most young guys try to use "game" to get them so they consider you to be a waste of their time.

Now, if you happen to look like Chayanne or Chris Evans, you might luck out with a chica and get her for free.

Having said that - you should be able to negotiate down from their standard $150 opening bid/1 hour. For example, the other day I had a TLN with a Cocal chica with a body to die for. Price was $200.

If they flatly refuse to come off that figure, try to negotiate based on services provided. Most of the Jaco girls are looking to get in and out as quickly as possible, so negotiate for 2 pops, extra services, none of their bullshit rules ("no kisses, no touching me there or here" bla bla bla) extra time, etc. It's very do-able as long as you're patient and willing to say NEXT when negotiations stall.

GL... mh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:53 am 

I think, MH, is that the difference is that these guys are (apparently) fixated on "10s" (whatever that is to them).

Even in a buyer's market (which Jaco should be right now), when the buyer confines himself to a single commodity ('physical perfection' - whatever that is to them), then the buyer turns a buyer's market into a seller's market.

If you are focused on 'perfect' physical beauty over attitude, performance, etc. (let's call it 'value for money') then you are going to have to pay for the over-riding facet of that object of desire.

And 'perfect' physical beauty is probably all you'll get as she lays there like a dead fish. And clock watching because Senorita Tiburón is already thinking about her next rico gringo tonto.

I walk away from that - find an pretty (not perfect) chica with my preferred body type (petite, tight culio and perky breastesses) and a good attitude, negotiate - and walk out the door.

Senorita Tiburón can turn her dead, lifeless eyes on some other prey.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:21 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

MM3 wrote:
I think, MH, is that the difference is that these guys are (apparently) fixated on "10s" (whatever that is to them).

Even in a buyer's market (which Jaco should be right now), when the buyer confines himself to a single commodity ('physical perfection' - whatever that is to them), then the buyer turns a buyer's market into a seller's market.

If you are focused on 'perfect' physical beauty over attitude, performance, etc. (let's call it 'value for money') then you are going to have to pay for the over-riding facet of that object of desire.

And 'perfect' physical beauty is probably all you'll get as she lays there like a dead fish. And clock watching because Senorita Tiburón is already thinking about her next rico gringo tonto.

I walk away from that - find an pretty (not perfect) chica with my preferred body type (petite, tight culio and perky breastesses) and a good attitude, negotiate - and walk out the door.

Fair enough. We will adjust our expectations accordingly. After reading a recent trip report it seems we weren't the only ones this was happening too. There were a lot of angry girls approaching us and the 10s to us were the girls sitting alone. We don't mind paying a bit more for better service. We left last night with only one of us getting a girl. The rest of us were so turned off from the aggression and anger. This one crazy chica with bad poofy hair named Karen put off bad vibes all night and even got into an argument with another group. It might be best for us to go in, find one we like, negotiate and leave instead of linger at this point.

Last edited by dongsnow on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:37 am 

dongsnow wrote:
MM3 wrote:

Fair enough. We will adjust our expectations accordingly. After reading a recent trip report it seems we weren't the only ones this was happening too. There were a lot of angry girls approaching us and the 10s to us were the girls sitting alone. We don't mind paying a bit more for better service. We left last night with only one of us getting a girl. The rest of us were so turned off from the aggression and anger. This one crazy chica with bad poofy hair named Karen put off bad vibes all night and even got into an argument with another group. It might be best for us to go in, find one we like, negotiate ans leave instead of linger at this point.

Kudos for calling it as it is rather than swimming upstream. Sounds like you guys could go to SJ and hit a few clubs and probably do well. The p4p there might just be a side attraction...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:42 am 

Dong........

Bring your tribe to San Jose . . . where you'll have a great time without having to put up with the Jaco sharks who think that they're worth $150 in Jaco, but can get only $60-$80 in San Jose.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:03 pm 

dongsnow wrote:

In a word....yes.

All the responses are right on, follow their advise. But if you ask a chica @cocal, how much? The answer will be 150 an hour or, in some cases, higher. Don't ask them...take control and make your offer!

Most importantly, enjoy the scene and have fun! You are on vacation 8) :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:06 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

If you're not comfortable with the scene at the Cocal, then get out of there. You have two choices, hit San Jose where you have more options or if you want to stay in Jaco, do some research into the other clubs in Jaco ( Orange, Le Loft as examples) . Many of the girls stop at these clubs before going home for the night. They may be more open to negotiation and a more willing to make a deal instead of going home with nothing and you will find some non working types in there as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:46 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Any tips for dealing with the negative vibe from cocal? Some of the chicas were saying were just here to look and not buy. I guess the mercenaries were upset we didn't say yes. It's also uncomfortable when girls I'm not interested just grab me and touch my body when approaching. Is this normal behavior?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:46 pm 

I think you have the answer a few posts back, get away from the cocal. You have other options, even if you choose to stay in Jaco. Sometimes you just have to say, "it's not for me" and take action.

As to the touching and grabbing, someone else will hopefully chime in. I generally enjoy that part of the whole game.

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:11 pm 

dongsnow wrote:
Any tips for dealing with the negative vibe from cocal? Some of the chicas were saying were just here to look and not buy. I guess the mercenaries were upset we didn't say yes. It's also uncomfortable when girls I'm not interested just grab me and touch my body when approaching. Is this normal behavior?

The chicas are selling. They aren't angry gringas that hate anything except emasculated beta males and scream "RAPE" if you look at them.

And you can touch back. Or smile and say "no". But, yes, the chicas want you to buy.

Personally I like it. Not going to happen in the US!

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 pm 

MM3 wrote:
dongsnow wrote:

The chicas are selling. They aren't angry gringas that hate anything except emasculated beta males and scream "RAPE" if you look at them.

And you can touch back. Or smile and say "no". But, yes, the chicas want you to buy.

Personally I like it. Not going to happen in the US!

Right on MM3...that's why you go there. Enjoy the process, the game...it's a give and take! Always be nice and respectful within the context; you'll have fun Dongsnow. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:38 pm 

Look at it this way and then tell me who is having more fun:

I have a friend who has been on Tinder swiping left and right for months. What does he have to show for it? Nothing but Starbucks reciepts.

I've tried to get him on the travel program... he's a lost cause in that regard.