www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:30 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

ScottM50 wrote:
so far all of what i am hearing is about one city san jose are all citys in cr this expensive or is it different by area

San Jose is ground zero and specifically the Hotel Del Rey. You have the Beatle Bar in Jaco with many of the uglies not willing to come off 100 bucks. If a gringo is going to CR for the hookers... the Del Rey area is the place to be.

Berk....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:38 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Berk2302 wrote:
ScottM50 wrote:
so far all of what i am hearing is about one city san jose are all citys in cr this expensive or is it different by area

San Jose is ground zero and specifically the Hotel Del Rey. You have the Beatle Bar in Jaco with many of the uglies not willing to come off 100 bucks. If a gringo is going to CR for the hookers... the Del Rey area is the place to be.

Berk....

you mean to tell me an entire country is based around one hotel ?????? that is vary hard to beleave what about new iberia or santa cruze or the mant different beaches , towns and citys in cr there has to more mongering to cr than one town and one hotel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:44 pm 

ScottM50 wrote:
you mean to tell me an entire country is based around one hotel ?????? that is vary hard to beleave what about new iberia or santa cruze or the mant different beaches , towns and citys in cr there has to more mongering to cr than one town and one hotel

Scott,

Read the following thread. It will answer many of the questions you have, I assure you.
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16357

Ciaociao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:45 pm 

ScottM50 wrote:
Berk2302 wrote:
ScottM50 wrote:

Berk....

Ground Zero, believe me, for hooking is the Hotel Del Rey. That's just the nature of the game in CR. Other than Jaco and the Beatle Bar if one is looking for midnight sexo on the beach... you gotta take the "sand" to the beach or you will probably be out of luck.

Berk....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:53 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Ciaociao32001 wrote:
ScottM50 wrote:

Scott,

Read the following thread. It will answer many of the questions you have, I assure you.

Ciaociao

that is the thread that has raised all my questions so far it hasnt answered anything most is talking about things that if u have been in any third world country r the same taxie scams, girl scams ect the same in phil and thi just hard for me to accept that all the girls r in one city and one bar

I was in nes iberia two yrs ago for just few days about 4 on business went santa cruz, and a few of the beaches saw many beautiful ladys so it just seems there is talent in those places too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:06 pm 

ScottM50 wrote:
Ciaociao32001 wrote:
ScottM50 wrote:

Scott,

Ciaociao

that is the thread that has raised all my questions so far it hasnt answered anything most is talking about things that if u have been in any third world country r the same taxie scams, girl scams ect the same in phil and thi just hard for me to accept that all the girls r in one city and one bar

Scott,
Halfway down the first page of the thread, under the heading "During your Stay," there's a list of at least 15 venues in CR where girls are available. It clearly shows that all mongering does not center around one hotel.

I've never heard of "nes iberia" or Santa Cruz, so I can't help you with that.

Ciaociao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:58 pm 

Quote:
...again everything i am reading is only about san jose ...

Quote:
...just hard for me to accept that all the girls r in one city and one bar...

GROUND ZERO - The starting point or most basic level: My client didn't like my preliminary designs, so I returned to ground zero.

The DR is ground zero. There are various massage parlors in and around downtown San Jose. Zona Blue is a prime example whose clients are by far gringos. It's a 10 minute walk from the DR. There are numerous other MP's, dirt cheap, around the area for 15 bucks where you can get laid for 30 minutes, but you (as most gringos) won't go there. There are various strip clubs where you can get laid... again, in and around San Jose and the DR. You have the Sportsman Lodge, owned by an American, where you can stay and get laid without ever leaving. 10 minute walk from the DR, but with a tenth of the chicas hanging out compared to the Del Rey. There are multiple hotels other than the Hotel Del Rey where you can get a room for as long as you want, but you're NOT going to find working chicas hanging around.

You can hunt in various other cities to find working chicas, but for quality and selection there is only one starting point... the Hotel Del Rey for the entire country. This isn't the Philippines (90 million pop.)or Thailand (63 million pop.) with multiple large cities in which action is readily available. It's Costa Rica with a pop. of 4 million... San Jose over a million in population. Many members here has travelled all over the country. Could you get laid in another city, excluding Jaco, yes you could, but it would be hard work by and large if you didn't speak Spanish. While many of us here do speak the language to various degrees many do not go looking at other cities for P4P. The Del Rey is like shooting fish in a barrel. That's why it's called ground zero. Many gringos NEVER leave the place when they're in town.

Irish Drifter was out of line in his comments. Blow it off along with the other comments. Respect, as we all know, is earned. It just doesn't happen because someone reaches "X" number of posts.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Berk.....

Post subject: Hopeless Case!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I believe what we have here is the perfect definition of "hopeless case." He joins the forum as a lifetime member without actually reading any posts, immediately bitches about how much the gals are getting compared to the girls in the Phillipines (this ain't SE F'n Asia!), becomes extremely confrontational in calling other members "Big Assholes," and isn't satisfied when told where Ground Zero in CR is...WTF is wrong with this picture? I completely understand being patient with newbies but c'mon now, where do you draw the line?

Personally, from your attitude displayed so far ScottM50, I sincerely hope you never do visit San Jose, the city and ladies would be far better off without you and your awful attitude!

Lastly,
ScottM50 wrote:
im the Phuck out of here this site no use unless u want waist your money in one city

Good riddance!

SK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:11 pm 

Can we all give the new guy a break? Geez. he makes the following observation and comment...
Quote:
have been going to philippines for last few years about twice a year u r saying that the ticas are getting 100 u s dollars an hour ?????? in philippines they are get 1350 to 2500 pesos for all night thats 35 to 60 u s dollars not 100 dollars an hour rediculus
with ID following up with some clearly abrasive words...
Quote:
And in some Nevada brothels they get $500.00 an hour. So whats the point you are making? You simply can not compare rates between countries. If the prices being charged in Costa Rica are offensive to you continue to take your dollars to the Philippines.

With a response like what does anyone expect? A clear explaination that they all ask for 100, but the vast majority will come off of that would have been far more helpful. IT'S THE NEWBIE SECTION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Berk......

Post subject: Re: Hopeless Case!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:19 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

[quote="Special K"]I believe what we have here is the perfect definition of "hopeless case." He joins the forum as a lifetime member without actually reading any posts, immediately bitches about how much the gals are getting compared to the girls in the Phillipines (this ain't SE F'n Asia!), becomes extremely confrontational in calling other members "Big Assholes," and isn't satisfied when told where Ground Zero in CR is...WTF is wrong with this picture? I completely understand being patient with newbies but c'mon now, where do you draw the line?

Hi there, I'm a n00b to CRT and have to say that this site has some of the best info I've ever read on CR and mongering within. I've done Bangkok and Pattaya and the 4 hr flight to SJO compared to a > 24 hr flight to BKK is much easier to handle and much less expensive. In Thailand the health risk of HIV/AIDS is much higher and the lady boys do a much better job than in CR. Needless to say, I did not monger in BKK or Pattaya, but enjoyed the time there nonetheless. I will continue to read the forum postings, but wanted to chime in on this thread to side with the veterans of CRT and ask them to keep posting the useful info that I definitely could have used on my first trip and will use on my next trip.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 pm 

Thanks Aleister very much. :)

I have spent nearly 150 days total in C.R. over 4 years and am still a newbie in most respects, albeit an informed one. :) I continue to find the information on CRT to be invaluable in making my vacations more enjoyable, economical, safer and less stressful.

Keep in mind that I'm a blind man, and without the information and comraderie I've found here my trips would be impossible.

To ScottM50, welcome. I won't flame you for your comments or attitude. C.R. is not the Phillippines nor Thailand, nor Medellin nor Rio nor.... It's a nearby location still friendly to Americans (or at least gringo cash), is still relatively safe...and the passion and GFE-potential are pretty good overall.

If there were numerous opportunities for p4p outside the capital city, I'm certain they'd be reported here on CRT.

There reports here that talk about girls in Jaco Beach (Playa Jaco), near Flamingo, one bar in San Isidro del General that I know of and several bars in Puntarenas. These have all been reported on CRT. I know, because I myself wrote a couple of the reports
:)
This thread (thanks Orange et al!) and many others in this section are indispensible. Read, read, read noobie. :!:

Now everybody, play nice or no phucking ice cream. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:15 pm 

benos dias el ciego I like ice cream where do you get it San Jose I was in Puerto Jimanez and the shop was called churchlandia is that the name of an ice cream shop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Nhhank wrote:
benos dias el ciego I like ice cream where do you get it San Jose I was in Puerto Jimanez and the shop was called churchlandia is that the name of an ice cream shop?

Pops seem to be the most popular ice cream parlours around SJ. There seems to be at least one in every shopping area or mall. More than one downtown. :)

It's a chain, kind of like Bastards and Robbers :shock: , er um Baskin and Robbins, in the US. Consistant decent quality and large selection but probably not the lowest prices. But hey, think of it' as a treat! Kinda like poosie! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:08 am 

Western wrote:
Pops seem to be the most popular ice cream parlours around SJ. There seems to be at least one in every shopping area or mall. More than one downtown. :)

It's a chain, kind of like Bastards and Robbers :shock: , er um Baskin and Robbins, in the US. Consistant decent quality and large selection but probably not the lowest prices. But hey, think of it' as a treat! Kinda like poosie! :lol:

POPS is very good, and it isn't expensive either (by US standards). A single cone is about 700¢. A milkshake is about 1,500¢. They have all different types of sundaes and banana splits, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 am 

Not to hijack this any further, but the best helado I've had in C.R. was in San Joaquin de Flores near Alajuela. There are a dozen vendors on the street, all of whom sell delicious small-batch ice creams. Better than Pop's, and cheaper...so if you happen to be in the neighborhood, get yourself a cone.

And again, thank you Sherbert...er, Orange for this thread. Excellent resource! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next