www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Foro Policy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:04 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

So I've browsed CRT's Tico cousin for years, as I know many of you have. But I never posted there. Recently something came up that I wanted to ask about, but to make an account there, they want a photo and an ID.

This is a no-go for me, and not a big deal. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what the heck they're up to. Has there been a law passed? Or what? I just can't imagine a legitimate reason they'd be asking for this, and yet it's been around a long time and I've never heard anything scammy about it.

Here's the message they give you to send along with your documents:

Hola, gracias por aceptarme en el Foro, estoy adjuntando foto de mi cédula donde se ve claramente mi nombre, número de cédula y foto para validar mi identidad y que se verifique mi cuenta. Entiendo que mi nombre no se publicará y que es sólo para evitar que suplanten mi identidad. Entiendo a la vez que enviar la cédula de otra persona para falsamente validar este usuario constituye el delito de suplantación de identidad y que sería reportado a las autoridades en caso de que no sea mi identificación.

Post subject: Re: Foro Policy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:06 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Bookie wrote:
So I've browsed CRT's Tico cousin for years, as I know many of you have. But I never posted there. Recently something came up that I wanted to ask about, but to make an account there, they want a photo and an ID.

This is a no-go for me, and not a big deal. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what the heck they're up to. Has there been a law passed? Or what? I just can't imagine a legitimate reason they'd be asking for this, and yet it's been around a long time and I've never heard anything scammy about it.

Here's the message they give you to send along with your documents:

Hola, gracias por aceptarme en el Foro, estoy adjuntando foto de mi cédula donde se ve claramente mi nombre, número de cédula y foto para validar mi identidad y que se verifique mi cuenta. Entiendo que mi nombre no se publicará y que es sólo para evitar que suplanten mi identidad. Entiendo a la vez que enviar la cédula de otra persona para falsamente validar este usuario constituye el delito de suplantación de identidad y que sería reportado a las autoridades en caso de que no sea mi identificación.

Had the same thing happen a year or two ago and I tried to comply and send my info but it never worked and I was blocked.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:25 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

They want to keep tourists out and also eliminate anonymous accounts. Some of the premium content sellers (ex. Model Catalogs) even require payment via SINPE or a Costa Rican bank account. You can't be accused of promoting "boogie" tourism if you keep out the tourists. That ensures it is full of real, useful, actionable information. Not just in the Adult Content forums but across the entire Board. It is where all of the model high quality women list. Plenty of explicit fotos also.

It is free, you will need a Costa Rica cédula or DIMEX. Profesor Marcello is strict about enforcing the rules. It is one of the reasons that Opie has "never heard anything scammy about it".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:22 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Makes sense. So now I know. As so often thanks to Boynton.