www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:56 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I'll be in San Jose in a week, and, unfortunately, I have a front tooth that is starting to act up, and I think there is a good chance I will need a root canal and a crown.

I'm wondering if anyone who has recently had similar work done in SJ has a ballpark idea of what is the going price for this type of work if you pay cash. Also, any Dentist recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:32 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I had a root canal and crown done at Nova Dental. The crown was $500, and the root canal was $330, and the post/buildup was $130. This was on a molar, so I’m sure the front tooth will be a little cheaper. Root canal was easy, they are pretty efficient there.
I got measured for a crown on Monday, came back and placed it on Wednesday and it fit good and got finished. I guess sometimes they need another adjustment, so it could take until Friday. I think there is another spot with quicker crown turn around times, but I wasn’t in a rush.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:56 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Was down in early march, a CRT brother had repair work done by this group. They originally did the work about 5 years ago. Repaired it for free, they stated they stand behind their work. A bridge and root canal ,and implant.

I have no personal knowledge , but he spoke highly of them, US trained , spoke English
Hopes this helps

Costaricadentalteam.com located in curridabat
866 895 1718

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:42 am 

Yes I have used the CR Dental team was happy with the work that was done. They provide transportation to and from their office. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I have had work done by CR Dental Team in Curridabat and have had very positive results/experience.
A friend of mine while in CR travelling in February had a small portion of a crown chip off. He contacted CR Dental Team and explained situation. They gave him an appointment for 3 days later when he was returning to SJ for flight home the next day. They removed the broken crown and installed a new temporary crown. He had to come back for the installation of a new permanent crown.
CR Dental Team had installed the original crown 12 years ago that broke. He was given a price of $470 or $420 if paying cash US Dollar for the new crown. He was very satisfied with the work CR Dental Team did and was more excited about the price of $420 cash.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:52 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Add me in,

I went to (Costaricadentalteam.com) twice, both times for removal of deep curved rooted molars.

The dentist was smart enough to recognize I needed an oral surgeon and called one in, instead of arm wrestling it out themselves. In the past, in the USA, I wasn't always so fortunate... :x

He was excellent, quick, kept checking me to see how I felt, and the second visit after a little "struggle", I was about to remind him about my deep curved roots, concerned about the next round, even though he obviously saw the x-ray.

He then showed me the tooth and laughed, and said I must be part Neanderthal, he already got it and I didn't even know it, he was that smooth.

Second visit I met the owner and he gave me his business card, don't have that info in front of me, stuffed in my files somewhere, but he was a gringo, a CRT member, and it had his personal cell number here in Costa Rica.

He said if I ever was dissatisfied for any reason, call him, that's impressive to me, so far both visits I was extremely pleased, and I forgot the price, but it was easily 1/4th of what it would be in the USA, so it was insignificant to me.

They then gave me options of either a bridge or implants, discussed the pros and cons of both, and the bridge option was crazy cheap, and their implant costs seemed in line with what other high quality experienced dental groups in Costa Rica charge, so in time I'll decide, and unlikely will consider any place else.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:21 pm 

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:44 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

wordwiz here been doing medical tourism for 16 years try prisma dental just outstanding
any questions
warren
health travel tours

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:14 pm 

I used Prisma Dental in November for an implant, I was impressed with the procedure but annoyed when the quoted price wasn't honored and I ended up paying about 25% more than expected. I'm currently undergoing treatment at Costa Rica Dental Team. Honestly, I feel like Dustin Hoffman in Marathon Man. The dentista who gave me a root canal today was a butcher. She honestly stuck the needle of the Novocaine shot directly into the nerve. No, it wasn't completely dead. She and the technician had to hold me down it was so painful.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:10 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

i run a company called health travel tours my number is 2623490822 I have been doing this for 17 years call me if you have any questions I have several dentists to recommend