www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:39 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I've been going to San Jose 3 or 4 times a year since 2009. Only did Jaco once. My last trip to San Jose was Feb 2020. I have been planning to return for 12 days in late April or early May but am having 2nd thoughts. I'm an old guy of 70 now and like to have my fun from 2 or 3 in the afternoon until maybe 9PM. My go to places were always the Sportsmen's and Del Rey. I don't' particularly like MPs.

Before the pandemic, I would usually find at least 10-12 ladies in the Sportsmen's almost every night except maybe Sunday and Monday. Not as many as in days gone by, but enough to find something I wanted. From a lot of the posts I've been reading in the last 2 months, it sounds like the available talent at present is much less than that.

I would hate to spend the money on airfare and a hotel and find 2-3 girls at the SL most afternoons or early evenings

If any of you guys who have recent experience would let me know is my concerns are overblown or warranted.

PS. My back up position is Pattaya. Never been there but the YouTube videos make it look like a great time; however, I would only be willing to endure a 22-hour flight if San Jose is a total bust!

Thanks for your feedback on the SJ status quo, Amigos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:59 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

You could always take a cheap Uber to Toarmina and bring one back. I have never been there before 6pm but I always found several that appealed to me there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:31 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

There will be 10-12 chicas at SL most of the day and night. Several at Castillo. 20 to 100 at Taormina. Definitely worth the trip if you have the means.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:47 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

CR is definitely slower but I think you would be hard pressed to do Pattaya from the states in 12 days unless that is excluding travel time. With the time to get there and recovery from jet lag, it's really day 3 or 4 you are really raring to go. If you aren't pressed for time or money then I'd do around 3 weeks (or more) in Patts.

I go every October and there are more afternoon, early evening options that most can handle.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:42 pm 

I've had 3 trips in the last year and staying at least 2 weeks on every trip. I can tell you from observation that it is slower but seems to be recovering from Covid.

Seems noticeably slow from Sun to Wed. Only about 8 girls at the SL during the day. That's when I would just go to Monicas. Evenings I would just go to Taormina to snag a girl from there.

Picks up during the weekend Thur-Sat 7p-11p: SL about 10-15 girls, Taormina 14-16 girls, HDR about 15-20 girls. However I find the hottest tend to be at the Taormina.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:21 am 

Tom Swift wrote:
I've been going to San Jose 3 or 4 times a year since 2009. Only did Jaco once. My last trip to San Jose was Feb 2020. I have been planning to return for 12 days in late April or early May but am having 2nd thoughts. I'm an old guy of 70 now and like to have my fun from 2 or 3 in the afternoon until maybe 9PM. My go to places were always the Sportsmen's and Del Rey. I don't' particularly like MPs.

Before the pandemic, I would usually find at least 10-12 ladies in the Sportsmen's almost every night except maybe Sunday and Monday. Not as many as in days gone by, but enough to find something I wanted. From a lot of the posts I've been reading in the last 2 months, it sounds like the available talent at present is much less than that.

I would hate to spend the money on airfare and a hotel and find 2-3 girls at the SL most afternoons or early evenings

If any of you guys who have recent experience would let me know is my concerns are overblown or warranted.

PS. My back up position is Pattaya. Never been there but the YouTube videos make it look like a great time; however, I would only be willing to endure a 22-hour flight if San Jose is a total bust!

Perhaps you will find yourself in CR. If you are considering Asia, I personally would not sit on a plane for 22 hours unless I was being held hostage. If I'm flying stateside to Asia, then I would normally go to Hawaii first for at least a day or two, then to Guam for another couple of days, then to my final destination in Asia. Depending on where you are going in Asia, the flight from HI to Guam will probably be your longest leg, at almost 8 hours. Unless you are going to Japan, there's nowhere else along the way you can stop in the Pacific to get to Asia, except possibly somewhere in Micronesia or the Marshall Islands (even more burdensome). Now if you were going to Australia or perhaps Indonesia, you could stop in Fiji instead. Just be warned most of the flights from HI to Guam tend to be ghastly expensive.

That's just me. I don't see how people have the patience for those kinds of 22 hour long haul flights. But, if you wind up in CR, none of this may matter. Best of luck either way.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:30 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

JadePhantom wrote:
I've had 3 trips in the last year and staying at least 2 weeks on every trip. I can tell you from observation that it is slower but seems to be recovering from Covid.

Seems noticeably slow from Sun to Wed. Only about 8 girls at the SL during the day. That's when I would just go to Monicas. Evenings I would just go to Taormina to snag a girl from there.

Picks up during the weekend Thur-Sat 7p-11p: SL about 10-15 girls, Taormina 14-16 girls, HDR about 15-20 girls. However I find the hottest tend to be at the Taormina.

I am staying at Hotel Castillo on a Sun/Mon prior to traveling to Jaco. If I pick up a chica at Taormina in the evening/night, is it safe to make the 5 minute walk back to Castillo where I am staying or should I Uber?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:23 am 

Rudy Wellz wrote:
JadePhantom wrote:

I am staying at Hotel Castillo on a Sun/Mon prior to traveling to Jaco. If I pick up a chica at Taormina in the evening/night, is it safe to make the 5 minute walk back to Castillo where I am staying or should I Uber?

Jeez.......don't be a pu*sy. Walk.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:57 am 

Rudy Wellz wrote:
JadePhantom wrote:

I highly doubt anything would happen to you in that short walk. But it is a very uphill walk back. An Uber is usually less than $2 so I would be a pu*sy and take the Uber. Also if the chic is in high heels, she would appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:31 pm 

Half the chicas are going to refuse to walk from the Taormina to the Castillo if they're wearing heels. The other half are going to be silently cussing you for being a cheapskate. Live it up. Get the Uber.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:51 pm 

catbert55 wrote:
Half the chicas are going to refuse to walk from the Taormina to the Castillo if they're wearing heels. The other half are going to be silently cussing you for being a cheapskate. Live it up. Get the Uber.

But only if you need to take a chica there. If not, it is an easy easy walk. If you can't walk up a flight of stairs without stopping to take a breath then maybe take a cab or Uber. Otherwise the exercise is good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:58 pm 

If you do walk back, don't flirt with the working "girls" you encounter on the way back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:35 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Tom Swift wrote:

Have you considered Tijuana, MX? You're considering a 22-hour flight to Thailand when you can fly into San Diego and walk across the boarder and go to the Hong Kong Club, be there in 10 minutes and there are 200 chicas to choose from. In addition, their sister club, The Tropical is across the street with another 200 chicas. Thats 400 chicas from all across Mexico that you can choose from compared to 10-12 at the SL on any given night?! There is also the Chicago Club with another 60-80 chicas. Seems like a no brainer. These clubs are open 24-hours a day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:51 pm 

Bit hard to spend more than a day or 2 in one square mile of Tijuanas zona roja.
San Jose, Costa Rica still has enough variety to have a pleasant vacation.
Pattaya Thailand for a week is good. No place on earth like it. Must visit at least once.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:21 pm 

But TJ is so much more than the Zona Norte. You can go to the beach towns, wineries, spend time in Zona Rio, Playas de Tijuana etc. La Cacho is an awesome neighborhood to explore. There are also tons of amazing resteraunts (world class, actually) great microbrews, tequila bars, places to dance salsa (and cumbia and merenge) etc etc. I have stayed for over a week at a time and never got board. pu*sy wise, there are tons of ******* in edition to the clubs, and many are great GFE.

It is frankly far more interested in than San Jose.

(and wait for it, wait for it.... the discussion of murders and cartels...

which are easy to avoid)